Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re absolutely right. The love letter might be years old but initially it shocked me because the interview stated:

“He shared a letter Suzanne wrote to him in February for Valentines Day. It’s the last note he has from her.“

I went back to look at the letter again and now I’m wondering if it was two different things - a note written on a Valentine’s card and a longer letter from years past. I wonder if the reporter checked the dates. Not everyone puts a date on cards though. There was no mention of the move to Colorado among the memories Suzanne mentioned in her love letter. I call it a “love” letter because it was full of love and feelings of gratitude and she said she would love him “4ever” so either something drastically changed her feelings for her husband or she didn’t see this coming at all.

Also she wrote about BM holding her during those nights in February 2013 when she was too sick to sleep. She was diagnosed with cancer in 1994 and had a relapse around the time they moved to Co but did she also have a recurrence in 2013? Maybe I missed that. <modsnip: No link to MSM or approved source to substantiate> Just curious as to what was going on in February 2013 that made Suzanne that sick. Can anyone shed any light on that?
BBM
I took it as two seperate items.

Something else bothers me. Why is this letter folded? It looks to be folded in a way that only certain parts are shown...

Why??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope LE has him under surveillance. With budget constraints and the length of time that has elapsed I wonder...

Well, if CCSO (a) has probable cause to believe that he committed a crime and (b) believes that he is a flight risk, then CCSO would've probably already made an arrest. That they have not done so tells me either (1) they they do not have probable cause to believe that he committed a crime, (2) they do not believe he is a flight risk, or (3) both (1) & (2).

Now, probable cause is not a high level of proof, nowhere near the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard for a criminal conviction. However, if CCSO believed that flight was a possibility and they had probable cause to believe that Barry had harmed Suzanne, I doubt that they'd simply sit idly by.

No they don't and I know this first hand! I looked at this really great farmhouse with beautiful gardens, a barn, a separate office space when I was moving a few years ago. There was some work to be done but it was a really beautiful house. The listing agent made a few weird comments like the seller is really motivated because she's going through a divorce, that anything left in the house would go to the new buyers because the seller doesn't want to come back to the house again. We got a weird feeling but were seriously considering it.

I googled the address to see the distance to different amenities and...the man who owned the house was in prison for molesting and raping his daughter!! In that house! The oldest son was also charged with molesting his sister. All in that house!

I couldn't believe the listing agent never mentioned anything to us about it. When I spoke to our buying agent (who worked in a different area of the state so she didn't come with us to that showing) said disclosure isn't required but she would always tell prospective buyers (in a gentle way) to avoid what happened to us from happening.

We obviously didn't buy the house. I couldn't imagine living in a place where I knew something happened to a child. We tried to talk ourselves into giving the house a new life and a new family but it was just too weird for me.
I’m shocked that your agent said it wasn’t required to disclose this. I just got my real estate license so I’m not an expert yet, but I just learned in RE school that an agent MUST disclose any material fact about a property except pertaining to protected classes. A property with negative press=stigmatized =lower property value. So a buyer has to be made aware. Murder, child molestation, drug house all must be disclosed. We learned agents rarely win these lawsuit cases so it’s in best interest to disclose everything.
Imagine if you bought that farmhouse house without knowing about the rape and molestation that happened there, then found out after you closed. You could sue and win.

We learned about a case where a man bought a house, and and after he moved in all the neighbors were like, “I can’t believe you bought the haunted house!” He was furious that he wasn’t aware the house had the reputation for being haunted and sued. The court agreed that notoriously haunted=stigmatized, and he won.

I would think the agent selling the Morphew house would absolutely have to disclose the situation or risk being sued big time since the owners and house have been all over the news.

Sorry this is so late and probably already discussed at length—I am WAY behind. Too busy lately with life!

You’re right, he should confess. It’s the right thing to do. But unless you believe he’s religious, BM has nothing to gain by confessing. Absolutely nothing.

IMO
You are so right! He would be wise to take his chances. There is always that possibility that if he is charged and tried for her murder there can be that one juror who has reasonable doubt.

MOO is that the affidavit that we will eventually see/read will describe BM as someone who lied to investigators multiple times, who wasn't happily married, who created false narratives, and who didn't participate in searches to find Suzzane. Lest we forget the evidence that's found in Puma.

Even the affidavit for Leticia Stouch showed she was guilty and yet she wasn't arrested and packed up and left for down south. The arrest came much later.

In my opinion, SM’s valentine letter was written to BM in 2020. If you had a chance to see BM’s social media posts addressed to Suzanne, from earlier in the year, prior to March, they too were pretty ‘lovey-dovey’.

Just jumping of this post.

The letter/note could be from 2020 too en it could have been written long ago or both written different times. AFAICC there weren’t any dates on any of the 2 or at least I missed that part. I too detect a sort of pleading in it to remember the good times but maybe I just feel like this because of SM is missing and because I witnessed first hand women doing this. One thing is sure, even in 3 months a lot can happen. And just because SM loved him that doesn’t make her immune to abuse. A lot of abused women are in love with their abuser and they stay with them or go back to them because they choose to remember the good moments and burying the bad times in their minds.

I also would like to note that I lost count of the social media “lovey-dovey” couples who all of a sudden got divorced.

What too is notable we haven’t seen love letters written by him to Suzanne. Where are those? And no BM, there is no need to produce it now, because if they existed it would have been shown in place of what she wrote. I’m sure if there would be one/some Suzanne would have kept it.

Disclaimer: I’m not accusing BM to being abusive because I can’t know. What I do know there are many forms of abuse which are not always obvious to others.

I’m shocked that your agent said it wasn’t required to disclose this. I just got my real estate license so I’m not an expert yet, but I just learned in RE school that an agent MUST disclose any material fact about a property except pertaining to protected classes.
I would think the agent selling the Morphew house would absolutely have to disclose the situation or risk being sued big time since the owners and house have been all over the news.
Sorry this is so late and probably already discussed at length—I am WAY behind. Too busy lately with life!

RSBM
Disclosure appears to only be required in 3 states...

It’s important to note that a seller or real estate agent cannot lie when asked about stigmatizing facts or else they would be liable for fraud. This means you should ask about stigmas if they are important to you. You may be able to gain some insights that you couldn’t have discovered on your own.

What is a Stigmatized Property? | Laws for all 50 States

Well, he was as of 2 days ago:

"CBS4 sat down with him at the house on Sunday, with no cameras, he said he wanted to share his side of the story." Barry Morphew Sits Downs With CBS4 Nearly 5 Months After His Wife's Disappearance
I think he'll stick around as long as the house remains for sale. Curious if he would go back to Indiana?

In the interview, Barry says Suzanne would have stopped to help anyone in need. That's the reason he believes she was abducted and is no longer in the area. Maybe that's Barry-speak for the location he disposed of her body, "not in the area".

So in essence, he is offering a reason Suzanne was abducted. It's her fault, she's just too friendly and met up with someone who took her. o_O

Correct me if I am wrong, but there have been no public statements or pleas of any kind from the daughters has there? That sort of seems as strange as Barry's actions if that is the case. I can't recall their ages but I was thinking one was old enough to speak freely. I just wonder what they are thinking.

I think he'll stick around as long as the house remains for sale. Curious if he would go back to Indiana?

In the interview, Barry says Suzanne would have stopped to help anyone in need. That's the reason he believes she was abducted and is no longer in the area. Maybe that's Barry-speak for the location he disposed of her body, "not in the area".

So in essence, he is offering a reason Suzanne was abducted. It's her fault, she's just too friendly and met up with someone who took her. o_O
Yep yep yep. And remember what the fire chief said right at the beginning? I don't remember the exact quote, but it was something emphasizing how friendly Suzanne was, something very similar in tone and implication, imo.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there have been no public statements or pleas of any kind from the daughters has there? That sort of seems as strange as Barry's actions if that is the case. I can't recall their ages but I was thinking one was old enough to speak freely. I just wonder what they are thinking.

I can only imagine they're thinking how much they want their mom back. :(

Huh. To me, that looks quite similar to the metal frame of a lawn swing, without the canopy attached - at a side view angle. I just took the canopy and cushions off mine yesterday, and it looks like a very similar design shape as the one in my back yard.

Side by side comparison. Thoughts?
I think it is the swing that was shown in the previous RE listing for the PP property
IS6yld9lbqkj2k1000000000.jpg

ETA: Already been covered, my apologies! I think I will just stop responding for now until I am caught up, lol:oops::D

FBI agents are seen investigating plot of land owned by Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online
  • Moorman said Barry, 52, has refused to participate in the search but did allow him access to the grounds of his $1.5 million home on Sunday
  • He also revealed he was told by FBI investigators the Morphew home stank of chlorine when it was searched by police in the days after Suzanne vanished
I am trying to go back to beginning, and list the actual bits of evidence, we have from LE.
I have no problem with bleach in hotel room. BM, MG, JP, all stated this, so I can accept it as evidence.
AM stated LE told him the HOUSE reeked of bleach. When questioned (why tightlipped LE told him anything), he corrected himself, “someone told him that LE told them”. Again why would tightlipped LE have shared this with anyone, and who is this person? I am simply saying, we do not have source of this, only AMs statement, and this shouldn’t go on evidence list, it is a rumor, IMO

I am also trying to decypher the actually origin of lion(sigh) theory. I am confident, this was never BMs idea, until someone else proposed it.

NEW "Crime Stories with NG":

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

(With Chris & Mike (PE) and Lauren S. + Ellen K. and Dr. Angela)

*Barry told Lauren that he was already on his way back home from Broomfield when he got the call about Suzanne being missing. Morgan and JP got to Broomfield at 11:00 am. Barry had already left Broomfield at 11am.

Chris talked to a clerk at a supermarket (Poncha Market) who saw Barry (store was closed, early evening hours) going through the trash. Barry knocked on the door and said, "Hey, I'm looking for a baby blue bicycle helmet. Have you seen one in the trash?" The manager stepped in, and asked him how he/she could help, and that's when he wrote the note. This was Tuesday.

There is a 30 minute conversation with Lauren that Barry would not let Lauren share. She shared from an hour long conversation they had after that one.

Different time frames of when Barry heard about Suzanne being missing: 1.) 5 pm Sunday is what Barry says (to Lauren and Tyson), and that's when he left back to Salida. 2). His crew was called at 630 pm and told they'd they'd have to figure it out on Monday. (It was mentioned that MG and JP said it was 4pm when he learned she was missing, but it's very confusing at this part.)

Morgan believes she heard Barry's truck at 4 am outside of her apartment (after the 4am texting), and she panicked and thought Barry was there to pick her up, so she got all her stuff together quickly and went outside. She got out there, and he was gone. She got a phone call from him shortly thereafter about getting the crew together, and that he was going up there by himself. The crew left Salida at about 6:30am, and when they got there, Barry was not there. (Morgan said Barry's truck has a very specific sound, which is why she thought it was him).

The reason the timeline is impossible to put together is due to all the lies, and BM being the only person who's speaking about it. EVI does NOT match with what he's saying.

Barry admitted to Lauren about the mechanical thing to the Bobcat, but he wouldn't tell her what. He was supposed to bring the Bobcat to Broomfield, but he didn't have it there.

Nancy says, "If someone got on national TV and said I committed a murder, I would sue them." No attempts at any lawsuits against Andy, so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member