Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

For those of us in the seats that don't come with innuendo deciphers, maybe you can make this a little more clear?

No innuendo, just opinion. A decisive majority of the large animal hunting areas of the Rocky Mountain cordillera lie within a days drive from Salida, Colorado. Do you remember that KK drove from Woodland Park, Colorado to Malad Canyon, Idaho back to a location south of Twin Falls, had a bonfire and toasted some I-phones and marshmallows.....all in a single day before bedtime? IMO

I don’t think Andy is familiar with the lingo. By “abducted,” I think he meant “murdered and moved.”
Or taken and moved until....
It's hard to believe that anyone can buy a stun gun but you can. Then there are narcotics or over the counter sleeping pills.
Then there's strangulation which leaves no dna.
Do we know for a fact that a piece of carpet was taken into evidence? Also, did we get verification of the 'circles' on the wall?

Bolded by me.
IIRC, neither daughters have stated that they wanted to move to CO. The plan to move could've been planned for a while (by BM) and thus their older daughter decided to go to school there.
We've also heard from SM's family member, from an approved MSM, that she really didn't want to move but always relented to her husband's decisions.
One would think that in a MARRIAGE both partners should have an equal share of and be solely responsible for the decision where they'll both live.
JMO

Yes, I fully agree that both partners should have had a say in the move. It is my opinion, based primarily on the well known fact one of the daughters moved to Colorado well before the family, that they also would have had some voice. IMO

It's hard to believe that anyone can buy a stun gun but you can. Then there are narcotics or over the counter sleeping pills.
Do we know for a fact that a piece of carpet was taken into evidence? Also, did we get verification of the 'circles' on the wall?
There’s a standard pattern to events like this, and that involves murder in the home. The transportation to a secondary location is incredibly risky, and doesn’t seem to fit with the pieces we have.

Although I think this will ultimately fit the definition of “premeditated murder,” I don’t think a planned crime would look anything like this.

That last minute alibi says a lot.

The other thing i can't forget is barry saying " i did nothing wrong at the hotel" ok so where did you do wrong? :mad:
Yes, that was his reaction to the interview with JP by the Daily Mail. It's interesting which accusations he chooses to defend himself against and which he chooses to ignore. He has made no response to all the speculation about the communication with Suzanne's friend that ended so abruptly. Whatever happened at that time must have more significance than whatever he did at the hotel.

Another mystery he has never addressed is what he was doing all day in Broomfield before he spoke to the neighbor and headed back home. Apparently he never took the bobcat with him. Where was it and why did he leave it behind?

Yes, I fully agree that both partners should have had a say in the move. It is my opinion, based primarily on the well known fact one of the daughters moved to Colorado well before the family, that they also would have had some voice. IMO
Alternatively, BM may have had the moved planned well in advance. It doesn't matter that it's a well known fact that she enrolled in school within the year prior.
We don't know how their daughter's decision was made, we do know that SM's relative said that she really did not want to go.
Your child can go to school anywhere they want if the parent or parents approve (if financial assistance is a factor) but this does not mean that a spouse has to agree to move there.

There’s a standard pattern to events like this, and that involves murder in the home. The transportation to a secondary location is incredibly risky, and doesn’t seem to fit with the pieces we have.

Although I think this will ultimately fit the definition of “premeditated murder,” I don’t think a planned crime would look anything like this.

I agree, just throwing out alternate possibilities.
While it may be pre-planned, yet unforeseen events may have expedited the murder.

Are you saying they were more or less trying to discourage her from doing something that they had no way knowing if she would do, by NOT paying her any money? IMO
I’m only repeating what she said, @Dave F. Many have surmised the statement about hush money was their attempt at a joke. The further conversation about cooperating and turning over her phone, she felt, was an attempt to discourage her from doing so. Also, according to her, she was fired for doing just that.
At this point, we don’t know how much weight to put on MG’s statements. We try to interpret the bits of info we get until we either know they are fact or know they are fiction.

No innuendo, just opinion. A decisive majority of the large animal hunting areas of the Rocky Mountain cordillera lie within a days drive from Salida, Colorado. Do you remember that KK drove from Woodland Park, Colorado to Malad Canyon, Idaho back to a location south of Twin Falls, had a bonfire and toasted some I-phones and marshmallows.....all in a single day before bedtime? IMO

I'm assuming you're referring to the KB case, but no I didn't follow it so I don't understand what you're trying to illustrate. Or what you're hinting at.

Scroll to the 4th picture in this article. It looks like a piece of carpet.
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

I see your point, but I’m convinced BM “knew” there was only one way to stop “something” from coming to light and that was eliminating SM. For me, that’s premeditated. He was running out of time, and hastily executed a half baked plan before the girls returned from their camping trip. BM’s failure resulted due to the fact that he didn’t have the brain matter to organize his thoughts, which led to a sloppy execution of the crime, hence LE suspecting from the get-go that this was no mountain lion attack or an abduction. His ridiculous appeal for SM and “show and tell” to TD are confirmation of his disorganized thought processes. Add to that his hubris, convincing himself that he is so highly regarded that everyone would believe the c@rp he had to sell and, here we are :). MOO

I’m only repeating what she said, @Dave F. Many have surmised the statement about hush money was their attempt at a joke. The further conversation about cooperating and turning over her phone, she felt, was an attempt to discourage her from doing so. Also, according to her, she was fired for doing just that.
At this point, we don’t know how much weight to put on MG’s statements. We try to interpret the bits of info we get until we either know they are fact or know they are fiction.

While I agree, I also have to say, the way BM immediately threw her under the bus, certainly indicates to me she likely was fired because she cooperated with LE into this investigation.

I do suspect there was something incriminating on her phone that BM did NOT want LE to see (guilty or not) and it ticked him off that she handed it over them.

And that says a lot about her credibility as it relates to this case.

all entirely jmo

While I agree, I also have to say, the way BM immediately threw her under the bus, certainly indicates to me she likely was fired because she cooperated with LE into this investigation.

I do suspect there was something incriminating on her phone that BM did NOT want LE to see (guilty or not) and it ticked him off that she handed it over them.

all entirely jmo
That’s really the only explanation. Why else would he care that LE downloaded her phone?

In @OntarioMom’s photo do ya’ll see a wound of some kind on the side of BM’s right hand near his wrist? Or am I just continuing to see things that aren’t there in the shadows? And his hands may be beat up from landscaping but they look red and swollen IMO. And he seems to be limping unless that’s just how BM walks. And why is he rubbing his wrist? Nervous tick, subconscious self soothing or sore wrist? I’m probably reading too much into it. :rolleyes: This was the day after TD saw him all wet and red chested with his shirt off after coming from the direction of the river. Of course he could have gotten banged up doing all that searching!
Hm.
Wonder if LE have a good idea about what BM was doing by that river ?

all entirely jmo

I am with those that agree, I think BM was upset she shared her phone with LE.

Handing the phone over doesn’t convince me of her credibility though. She may have erased and deleted data from the phone and been unaware that LE can dig really deep into the bits and bytes.

I will admit she was believable in the LS interview. I am not yet completely convinced that she doesn’t have some additional knowledge than she has not shared. (Though it is possible that she has shared more with LE, and we just don’t know.)

jmo

I don't recall the word 'excited' at all. What I do recall is that she was glad or grateful that BM's nephew and family lived nearby, being that she had to leave her family and friends.
Well, it's been a few months since I've read some of the articles and I think I confused Suzanne's daughter for her nephew.

A relative told Crime-on-line that "Suzanne seemed positive about the move and was looking forward to being closer to her daughter." She said she thought it was sort of a step towards retirement and that Suzanne mentioned she was "happy" that her nephew also lived in the state.

In that interview there was no mention about her leaving her family and friends but in another article, I think it was a friend who said Suzanne may have had some "angst" about the move.

The DW actually had a conversation with both BM and SM years before they moved out to CO. This was their plan, to eventually retire out there. Per her, they both seemed genuinely excited about it (SM wasn't a hunter, but did enjoy the outdoors). This would have been before her 2nd bout with cancer. I think you are right, BM does what BM wants, but he at least (at one time) had her convinced this would be a good move. MOO, JMO.

I think the key words here are "eventually retire". I doubt SM thought it would be a permanent move while one child was still in high school and she was still in her forties. MOO

That’s really the only explanation. Why else would he care that LE downloaded her phone?

I've been wondering just how Barry knew MG did hand over her phone to LE without her telling him. LE would be able to download everything from that phone with some special software, so the phone wouldn't have to be out of her possession for too long, maybe a day, maybe 2 at the most?

The only way I can determine BM would know she was cooperating with LE was if she told him or told someone who then told BM. I can't imagine why she'd think telling Barry (or anyone else) she met with the CBI and handed over her phone was a good idea. That would trigger him, and she had to be aware it would since she knew he didn't want her to cooperate with LE.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member