Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a sellers' market in Chaffee County

Good internet and a Chaffee County vibe: Is Our Area becoming a ' Zoom Town'? - by Tara Flanagan - Ark Valley Voice
Oct 5, 2020

"The pace of sales is swift. Chuck Azzopardi, a broker associate with Colorado Mountain Realty, says the pandemic hasn’t necessarily created a new interest in Chaffee County, but it has accelerated whatever time frames people may have had in mind.

“We are seeing people make decisions more quickly and more aggressively,” he says. “Where it used to take months or even years, now they are willing to make those decisions in weeks.”

And he says the time between listing a property and going under contract can be extremely fast. For example, he recently listed a Mesa Antero property on a Friday and had multiple solid offers by Saturday. He says it’s not uncommon to see multiple offers and buyers willing to go above asking price."

It looks like a sellers' market in Chaffee County

Good internet and a Chaffee County vibe: Is Our Area becoming a ' Zoom Town'? - by Tara Flanagan - Ark Valley Voice
Oct 5, 2020

"The pace of sales is swift. Chuck Azzopardi, a broker associate with Colorado Mountain Realty, says the pandemic hasn’t necessarily created a new interest in Chaffee County, but it has accelerated whatever time frames people may have had in mind.

“We are seeing people make decisions more quickly and more aggressively,” he says. “Where it used to take months or even years, now they are willing to make those decisions in weeks.”

And he says the time between listing a property and going under contract can be extremely fast. For example, he recently listed a Mesa Antero property on a Friday and had multiple solid offers by Saturday. He says it’s not uncommon to see multiple offers and buyers willing to go above asking price."
That is my understanding also that the market is very good in the greater Salida area. Also for those that peeked at images of their Indiana home the interior furniture and decor was very similar to Puma. I think they both enjoyed the rustic lodge style. A style that is also very popular with Colorado second home buyers and transplants. In my opinion the Puma home is priced competitively and the 7+ acres is a bonus.

And it might be one thing to purchase a murder house for a family home. Certainly another for an AirBnB. I’d stay there, if the price was right.
Unless it is determined that she was murdered in that home it isn’t a “murder home” and the legal necessity to disclose she went missing from that home was discussed the last couple days.

My thinking is anyone that buys that house is going to want to redo the kitchen. It doesn’t appear from the two images that it is considered a positive selling point and is one of the weaker aspects of that home and perhaps feels the most dated.
Maybe, but the lack of kitchen photos is worse (IMO) than pictures of a kitchen that's a bit outdated or whatever. Anyone who might want to tour the house is going to call the realtor and ask them to send kitchen photos anyway, esp if they are out of town.

RSBM

AFAIK, no one ever reported that BM was dumpster diving, that came along later from folks assuming it was the dumpster out back behind the Poncha Market, that BM was seen at. It makes more sense to me it was the trash can right in front of the store but either way CM went into detail on this PE episode:

at 25:20

okay show (s0) here here's uh a guy
who goes to a supermarket and
uh he's outside uh we have firsthand
information that he's looking through a trash can
uh and he then knocks on the door of a
supermarket and uh we have not shared this with
anybody yet till tonight
uh and this kid opens the door
and this individual turns and says
hey i'm looking for a baby blue bicycle
helmet anybody seen one in the trash out here
and the kid goes what and
then the clerk comes over and ends up
getting a note uh about a baby blue helmet
uh wife and uh bicycle clothes
but no description of the of anybody uh

Thank you. Somebody also provided the link for NG where they quoted that it was a male employee from the Poncha Market that reportedly saw BM outside walking the parking lot near the trash before he came and knocked at the door at which time the store manager talked to him. However, we sure didn't learn about the dumpster story from the store manager when she was interviewed by Fox21's LS. Fortunately, Chris wasn't able to embellish the story as much on NG as he does his own show! MOO

These look like the professional photos. Staged. While he may be familiar with stagING, I'm thinking this was professionally done. I'm going to guess further that, whine photos exist, someone insisted certain photos be omitted.

Coincidentally, the missing photos are the only photos I WANT TO SEE.

JMO
Are these the new listing photo's? What the heck? Now there are NO pictures of the kitchen at all? The whole right side of the master is missing with that carefully angled photo? What is going on here?

For point of reference, the Berreth townhouse showed no obvious signs of a struggle, following TWO visits from LE. But there'd been a MASSIVE clean up effort. By the the time JQ Public saw the interior, the wood floors were torn up.... kitchen, staircase, walls had all been spattered with blood.

The original visit and subsequent search of Puma Path could well have shown no obvious sign of struggle. And not so, after the second search warrant. Methinks something's been dismantled in that house, not unlike a certain alibi.

JMO

Unless it is determined that she was murdered in that home it isn’t a “murder home” and the legal necessity to disclose she went missing from that home was discussed the last couple days.

Technically correct. But I would imagine that anybody spending over a million on a house will find out the background on the house fairly quickly. I can’t imagine closing without an attorney. Somewhere someone will start to fill out a document with an address or something and you know what happens when you type 19057 Puma into Google. Not to mention the seller’s name ringing a bell. I think most people do a quick search to see what’s up with a property, past sale, etc.

If it was where I lived, even if there was no disclosure, I think everybody from miles around would know it’s a murder house. Or “unproven but so called” murder house. I would be nervous about a confession or investigation and LE coming back to dig up my brand new 7+ acres. Or tearing up my house.

The House That Has No Kitchen, The House That Has No Heart.

The heart of that home is missing.

Well, actually that's not entirely true. Someone knows where she is. And if HE has a heart, it's time to tell.

And since it didn't look like he's going to, I hope good, old-fashioned police work will eventually tell for him.

JMO

Has there been any complaint by BM that LE tore up his home?
Ironically that's the one thing he hasn't complained about. Why? That would make him look guiltier than all get out, people would want to know WHY there were blood spatters in the kitchen and the plumbing in the downstairs bathroom is missing (just my example, not factual).

Barry has never said one word in public about that house or referenced Suzanne being in it. This speaks to the need to stage the bike and point fingers at mountain lions.
Suzanne died in that house, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member