Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has a kitchen. There is an image of the counter looking toward the dining area and then from the fridge to the desk area. Personally my guess is the kitchen is dated so not a strong selling point.
At this link at the previous owner's photos, which includes a nice kitchen photo. These photos are more of what I would expect the seller to show when trying to sell a home.

I suspect, like some others, that there is a reason some photos have been omitted. IMO, BM is paranoid that someone may see something missed by the investigators.

Previous seller's photos:
19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201 | Zillow

I'd like to add that it seems that BM selected photos that might be more of interest to a man rather than a woman. In most cases, I would think the wife makes the final decision. You know the old saying of "Happy wife. Happy life."

I can't remember how many seconds that our realtor told us that we had to grab a potential buyer's attention before they moved on; however, it's an extremely small window. Kitchen photos are important.

JMO.

Last edited:
And it will go many more. So what?

I'm sure @Dave F. is mentioning the elapsed time because there's a negative correlation between the passage of time and the closure of homicide cases, in general. An increase in the passage of time = decrease in chance of case closure.

To put it another way, if more time passes, then the investigation may be in trouble. As you observed on Aug-30, "if we don’t get [an arrest] before the end of the year, then I’ll be worried." IMO, your estimate is about right.

What is that weird looking thing on the bench by the crystal rock? Is that wood? Just curious. Also the hang out type room with the high narrow window that used to have the sofas now has two beds crammed in it. It reminds me of beach condos for rent where they try and make it able to sleep as many guests as possible. Maybe they are appealing to a buyer who wants to do vacation rentals? I wonder if the decorative plaque sitting in the bathroom window over the bathtub was Suzanne’s? She had such faith and this made me sad...”In all ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.” I hope He is directing LE’s path to find Suzanne and bring her home. Not to THIS home where she was betrayed by evil.

The bench in the hall with the Himalayan salt lamp, looks like drift wood next to it.
The sign in the bathroom with the Bible verse, that was in the last round of bath tub pics as well, the one that had family pics next to the tub.
I thought the same thing about the two double beds crammed into what might have been previously called a rec room or family room.
I also notice those comforters are brand new - they're wrinkled the way they always are when you take them out of the package. ( it's a flannel comforter set, sold at Kohls Cuddl Duds Red Ivory Plaid Heavyweight Flannel Comforter Set the pillow caught my eye immediately, very popular style right now) So, that room was a total re-do, likely with plans to sell all a long.

The bench in the hall with the Himalayan salt lamp, looks like drift wood next to it.
The sign in the bathroom with the Bible verse, that was in the last round of bath tub pics as well, the one that had family pics next to the tub.
I thought the same thing about the two double beds crammed into what might have been previously called a rec room or family room.
I also notice those comforters are brand new - they're wrinkled the way they always are when you take them out of the package. ( it's a flannel comforter set, sold at Kohls Cuddl Duds Red Ivory Plaid Heavyweight Flannel Comforter Set the pillow caught my eye immediately, very popular style right now) So, that room was a total re-do, likely with plans to sell all a long.

I guess it will become one of the AirBnBs so popular in the area. It’s a lot of extra land, though-no real benefit to a rental. Many of the trophies are missing, the Christmas morning pic had tons more. I wonder if the listing broker came in and at least staged the bedding.

At this link at the previous owner's photos, which includes a nice kitchen photo. These photos are more of what I would expect the seller to show when trying to sell a home.

I suspect, like some others, that there is a reason some photos have been omitted. IMO, BM is paranoid that someone may see something missed by the investigators.

I'd like to add that it seems that BM selected photos that might be more of interest to a man rather than a woman. In most cases, I would think the wife makes the final decision. You know the old saying of "Happy wife. Happy life."

I can't remember how many seconds that our realtor told us that we had to grab a potential buyer's attention before they moved on; however, it's an extremely small window. Kitchen photos are important.

JMO.

or in BM’s case a new saying:
“Disappeared wife. New life.“

jmo

I’d like to point out that the spelling error on the real estate listing was corrected within minutes of me calling it out on Websleuths.

I think we’ve got company. JMO.

I am glad you pointed that out.... We have all scene reel estate agents misspell listings but by the time I looked at it, they're was nothing wrong with the listing. It has been quiet some time sense I have had to research an add like that.

JMO.

In my first marriage, I learned to let my ex make all our decisions regarding housing. Otherwise, it was endless complaining/anger about the choice. The last house we purchased together was basically the opposite of the house I wanted (which was nearby and cheaper). Every house always had serious problems, according to the ex, but if it was his decision, at least he couldn't come back at me and say the house decision was my fault - I could point out that he chose it.

If BM is like that, then he doesn't understand a world in which the man doesn't make those decisions. I can remember my own parents painstakingly coming to consensus about the one and only house they bought during my lifetime (second house they ever purchased).

The Puma Path house, just like the last house my ex and I bought together, seems to have a really small breakfast no0k/casual dining area. As in, it's hard to picture a family of four gathering there when the elder daughter visits. Huge great room, so with only 3200 sf, I wonder just how big the kitchen is. The aisle that goes past the counter looks really small, no way two people could pass each other in it (the cul-de-sac nature of that little dining area would drive me crazy).

I predict he will not be able to get $1.75M for that property at this point in time. I wonder how eager he is to sell. I also wonder if he'll try to sell the recently purchased lot and get the heck out of Dodge.

I am glad you pointed that out.... We have all scene reel estate agents misspell listings but by the time I looked at it, they're was nothing wrong with the listing. It has been quiet some time sense I have had to research an add like that.
LOL, that hurt my head. Also! You forgot! The exclamation points!

It's pretty clear to me that the listing and the photos are geared to the Airbnb market. Remote buyer, impersonal.

I don't know what to make of the Longhorn purchase.

If he has friends who can get him work, I bet he's living and working as far away from Maysville as he can get, unless the pull to control things closer to home is too strong.

JMO

Rhetorical pondering, not sleuthing, follows:

The mind ponders... what has a certain someone explained to a certain someone's children why the certain someone didn't participate in a certain significant search event, why the certain someone isn't pleading on media outlets for the public to be on the lookout for possible remains and/or clothing, why the certain someone has almost appeared as being married to a certain Bobcat for days on end and why the certain someone wants them to believe their mother had been abducted and why he believes that?

No need to respond to this bunching of rhetorical constructs... but it's more than alright to wonder about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991