Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the house will not have good memories for anyone even Suzanne in the unlikely event she surfaces.
No doubt but in the unlikely event she surfaces...she would be very hurt & angry at many of her husband’s actions while she was missing. I can’t imagine being held captive for five months enduring God knows what and all you want to do is go home to your family and then you find out that your husband has sold the home you shared. IMO

No doubt but in the unlikely event she surfaces...she would be very hurt & angry at many of her husband’s actions while she was missing. I can’t imagine being held captive for five months enduring God knows what and all you want to do is go home to your family and then you find out that your husband has sold the home you shared. IMO
Ita.
Also took control of assets not belonging to him, and assumed guardianship over whatever you owned, and besides that had the temerity to have you declared 'incapacitated'.
Some nerve.
MOO

Ita.
Also took control of assets not belonging to him, and assumed guardianship over whatever you owned, and besides that had the temerity to have you declared 'incapacitated'.
Some nerve.
MOO
ITA with you and also if I were Suzanne I’d be hurt that he didn’t seem to be searching very hard for me and my brother did more than my husband who wouldn’t even give any on camera interviews! I might think he really didn’t care if I was found. :confused: IMO

FEB 7, 2020
'We never wanted to let her down': Meet the investigators who helped solve Kelsey Berreth's murder
[...]

9NEWS Reporter Jennifer Meckles was there for all 15 days of Frazee’s trial, and she sat down with Colorado Bureau of Investigation agents Gregg Slater and Chris Adams (formerly of the Woodland Park Police Department) to discuss Berreth’s disappearance and what they want the public to focus on in the aftermath of a crime that has drawn national attention.

[...]

Slater: For me, it was interesting as we started getting into the investigation, we were contacting people who knew Patrick, it was interesting how nobody had seen Kelsey, nobody had known Kelsey as an individual. They had seen her through Patrick.

That was a complete contrast to what Cheryl was telling us about Kelsey, so it was kind of a unique thing. It was really interesting, you really started to get a flavor for Patrick. We never got to talk to him.

Luckily, the first Woodland Park officer to take the call with Patrick had the wherewithal to record the conversation, memorialize it.

During that call, he’s not raising any concern whatsoever, even though he’s claiming this relationship was over. It’s just not sitting right with me that he’s not trying to find out where the mother of his child is. That was odd to me.

[...]

Slater: Despite what we think, everybody’s going to draw their own opinions on Krystal.

Krystal told us about how Kelsey had been beaten and burned and … in my mind I’m formulating ‘hopefully she knows where she’s at, how are we going to get search and rescue?’ I’m hoping we’re going to find the body, and when she tells us she’s burned I thought ‘how do I tell [Kelsey’s mother]?

How do you tell a mother and father that your daughter’s been burned? It’s hard to tell a parent, it’s hard to tell a loved one that their parent, or daughter or son had been murdered but to tell them this happened? I couldn’t do it.

I’m trying to be patient ... so will repost this again ...

AM told Dr. Phill he, BM, was rambling down the road texting at 4:00 am.
MG told LS she thought she heard his truck outside her apt at 4:00 AM, then received a phone call, no time given.

Reminds me of the thought I had when hearing MG say she heard his truck at 4 am

Perhaps he was throwing something away in her outside trash?
Wonder if CCSO looked ?

MOD NOTE

JUST A REMINDER:

Please stay on topic. SM is the topic of this thread, not whether anyone connected to the case is believable or not.

Please remember we're a victim/family friendly forum. While it is perfectly okay not to take every word as fact, it is never okay to bash or disrescpect a family member.

Lastly - better to scroll & roll than to take the thread off topic

Thanks everyone :)

MOD NOTE

JUST A REMINDER:

Please stay on topic. SM is the topic of this thread, not whether anyone connected to the case is believable or not.

Please remember we're a victim/family friendly forum. While it is perfectly okay not to take every word as fact, it is never okay to bash or disrescpect a family member.

Lastly - better to scroll & roll than to take the thread off topic

Thanks everyone :)

I don't know. Barry's probably over the acute shock of Suzanne's loss, but is he thinking clearly & able to strategize? I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in some state of depression.

I'm of two minds as to whether he should hire a spokesman. Part of me says that he should. That way, people will be unable to state that they suspect Barry for not speaking out publicly. OTOH, all that the internet will do is criticize Barry for hiring a spokesman & probably accuse him of using money from the guardianship estate to pay the spokesman.

If Barry asked me, I'd advise him to leave Colorado & always take the 5th whenever he's asked about Suzanne's disappearance.

Depression? While traveling amongst states, and executing various contracts and talking to the press? If so, it's not severe. Severe depression resembles what used to be called catatonia - lots of activity for a very depressed person.

Further, grief and depression are entirely different things. Grief is not depression. Unless BM has a tendency toward depression, he's grieving, not depressed (but then, that's consistent with "taking care of legal details" - grieving people do so, depressed people...not so much).

I agree he should leave CO and always take the 5th from a legal standpoint. From a mental health standpoint? not so much.

And from a "looks super guilty" standpoint, also not so much.

And here’s the thing, Barry now says that he believes Suzanne was kidnapped, and he’s holding out hope she is alive.

At least with the insane mountain lion scenario, he could explain the lack of public appeals, and overt efforts to find his missing wife.

Now he has absolutely no excuse for not speaking out and drawing attention to Suzanne’s disappearance.

He’s either the most heartless husband ever, or worse.

Im guessing his reason for now “believing” she is alive and was abducted is primarily financial. As long as she is presumed alive his massive reward for her “safe return” (no questions asked) is a reasonable position.

If he believes her to be deceased it would make more sense for the reward to be for any information leading to solving her disappearance. In this scenario, he might have to actually part with his moolah.

I don’t think he wants to do that at all!

Yes, one would think so. I know that if god forbid my spouse were missing, the last thing on my mind would be selling the Family home. But hey, that’s me. Meanwhile, BM claims to be selling their home because the Daughters are afraid to live there since SM was abducted, the implication being that she was abducted from the home?? Makes absolutely no sense- I thought she was abducted while out on a solo bike ride??? So which is it BM? (insert eye roll)

Every time he speaks he does himself no favors, and to me it’s quite apparent he’s having trouble keeping up with the lies. Sketchy. He can’t remember/keep them all straight- “Oh what a tangled web we weave.....“

Nothing to remember if you’re telling the truth, and the truth doesn’t change.

I’m sure LE is taking note of all these inconsistencies and I have faith that some day we will learn the truth about what happened to SM.

Sadly, I fear the truth may be more shocking than anyone imagined.

All of the above is JMVHO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
If he starts delivering hamburger meat like Frazee just slam the door to the pokey.

Depression? While traveling amongst states, and executing various contracts and talking to the press? If so, it's not severe. Severe depression resembles what used to be called catatonia - lots of activity for a very depressed person.

Further, grief and depression are entirely different things. Grief is not depression. Unless BM has a tendency toward depression, he's grieving, not depressed (but then, that's consistent with "taking care of legal details" - grieving people do so, depressed people...not so much).

I agree he should leave CO and always take the 5th from a legal standpoint. From a mental health standpoint? not so much.

And from a "looks super guilty" standpoint, also not so much.

Again, I have no idea what
Whenever the spokesman thoughts come up, I chuckle. BM had a spokesman in the beginning. That spokesman was a family member.

He quit ...

Yeah, and I still have no idea why he quit.

Agree. Not to difficult to get an equity loan these days if they needed cash.
My understanding is that mortgage and home equity loans are on a backlog somewhat due to Covid and the lower interest rates unfortunately. I have several friends in the process of selling and they say because of the current circumstances there is a wait even for prequalified people. Great for the economy but difficult for immediate money and closings. Courts have been inundated with so much! IMO

Reminds me of the thought I had when hearing MG say she heard his truck at 4 am

Perhaps he was throwing something away in her outside trash?
Wonder if CCSO looked ?
This is very bothersome to me and has been since the LS interview. The report that he sat in her driveway and waited but did nothing at 4 am. The fact MG reported this to the public and LS is something that really needs to be looked at. IMO it is a very important piece of evidence..She wants the public to know he was there. I believe it may in fact be one of the most important pieces of evidence LE has. I don’t think she would just throw this out there. He was there for some reason or another at 4:00 am. Now what the he** was he doing there and why?

Im guessing his reason for now “believing” she is alive and was abducted is primarily financial. As long as she is presumed alive his massive reward for her “safe return” (no questions asked) is a reasonable position.

If he believes her to be deceased it would make more sense for the reward to be for any information leading to solving her disappearance. In this scenario, he might have to actually part with his moolah.

I don’t think he wants to do that at all!

Pretty sure he needs her to be "alive" for him to maintain guardianship. IMO she'll stop being "alive" when he no longer needs guardianship at which time he'll move to have her declared unceremoniously dead, all for his own purpo$e$.

I'd like to be wrong.

JMO

This is very bothersome to me and has been since the LS interview. The report that he sat in her driveway and waited but did nothing at 4 am. The fact MG reported this to the public and LS is something that really needs to be looked at. IMO it is a very important piece of evidence..She wants the public to know he was there. I believe it may in fact be one of the most important pieces of evidence LE has. I don’t think she would just throw this out there. He was there for some reason or another at 4:00 am. Now what the he** was he doing there and why?
BBM
Thank you for expounding on this interesting detail. You have given me something new to think about, and I much appreciate this, as we are in a lull.

What was he doing? Did he try to set her up? Did he intend to drop in and changed his mind? Would he have needed her help for something, but decide that it would be too risky? Any ideas???

BM says he left at 5am. This appears to be a lie. Is this the vehicle data that doesn't match his story? If he lied about it to LE, there has to be a good reason.

It will be so nice when we have more answers that questions!
Moo

Perhaps he left his vehicle there and borrowed hers either with or without her knowledge. She may have been a scapegoat IMO. I don’t believe she factors into anything criminal but I certainly imagine MG could have been taken advantage of and maybe even thrown under the bus. Again MOO! She left town for a reason and I do believe she is not the other woman as she stated. My thoughts only.
I could even further believe that he showed up at her place as an alibi. Stating that Suzanne had kicked him out and he had nowhere to go. I wouldn’t put anything past BM at that particular point. Also IMO.
Edited for pronoun and general confusion!
Edited for more pronoun mistakes ugh

Last edited:
BBM
Thank you for expounding on this interesting detail. You have given me something new to think about, and I much appreciate this, as we are in a lull.

What was he doing? Did he try to set her up? Did he intend to drop in and changed his mind? Would he have needed her help for something, but decide that it would be too risky? Any ideas???

BM says he left at 5am. This appears to be a lie. Is this the vehicle data that doesn't match his story? If he lied about it to LE, there has to be a good reason.

It will be so nice when we have more answers that questions!
Moo
I do have some thoughts after following a few different cases over the years all of the following are hypothetical situations.
1. Perp has a close relationship with someone and they are covering for them.
2. A perp is setting someone up
3. Perp is covering for someone
4. Perp did it alone and looks really guilty because he is guilty and did it
The end

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors