Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The house was searched twice and reeked of bleach. So, I have to assume that the house was the crime scene. As far as premeditation, I don't know. All I know is it sure was convenient that the kids were out of town when their mother went missing.

I can believe that BM went to MG's apartment at 4 a.m. What if he often went to her home to pick her up for work and she recognized the sound of his truck?

What if they often flirted with one another on the job, and he thought that she might help him cover up the crime? Then, he thought better of it and left?

There is some reason that she fears for her safety and left town. I think that she has told everything to the police that she knows and will be testifying for the prosecution if and when BM is arrested.

JMO.

The house was searched twice and reeked of bleach. So, I have to assume that the house was the crime scene. As far as premeditation, I don't know. All I know is it sure was convenient that the kids were out of town when their mother went missing.

I can believe that BM went to MG's apartment at 4 a.m. What if he often went to her home to pick her up for work and she recognized the sound of his truck?

What if they often flirted with one another on the job, and he thought that she might help him cover up the crime? Then, he thought better of it and left?

There is some reason that she fears for her safety and left town. I think that she has told everything to the police that she knows and will be testifying for the prosecution if and when BM is arrested.

JMO.
The home was possibly the first point of area of interest with bleach smell. I think the river that runs through it hides a lot. In fact so much that LE can’t pinpoint the exact situation. That’s a really hard thing to prove. Maybe that is why LE is struggling.. Rivers run far and fast .. maybe too fast to gather important evidence? Jmo

The home was possibly the first point of area of interest with bleach smell. I think the river that runs through it hides a lot. In fact so much that LE can’t pinpoint the exact situation. That’s a really hard thing to prove. Maybe that is why LE is struggling.. Rivers run far and fast .. maybe too fast to gather important evidence? Jmo
I’m interested to know the proximity of the PP home river area and the Salida beach house river area especially with regard to the pathway of flow and varying water levels at each during May 8 through June 1. MOO

Here's what I can't quite wrap my head around re: MG's 4 am account vs. BM's 5 am account.

Assuming MG is correct, if you are BM - why lie? There has to be a reason. I think it's reasonable to assume every person knows LE can track your phone. I'm not sure every person would know that LE can track your car.

• If we assume that BM did know both, then maybe a vehicle switch makes sense. He leaves his phone at home (or with him and turned off), drives to MGs house, switches vehicles and does his nefarious acts. What doesn't make sense with that is the report he was texting co-workers before 5 am from the road. Clearly, if that's true, it conflicts with his leaving at 5 am story and wrecks his entire carefully planned alibi.
  • Maybe BM was simply panicking and coming up with an alibi on the fly. Maybe he drove to MG's house to pick her up, got there and thought better of it. The problem with this is - given the chlorine smell in the hotel room, would he really have MG ride in his truck if he's going to "clean up" at the hotel? Also, it doesn't explain why he would lie about what time he left the house (wouldn't it just be easier to say you left at 4, drove to MGs house and decided against picking her up), knowing that LE would be able to track his phone and detect the lie?
I just think we're missing an important piece or pieces of info related to this. It doesn't make any sense, IMO.

I still think there's a possibility the time discrepancy could be as simple as BM reading the time in his truck where he'd failed to adjust the clock forward for DST in March. There are people who are very lax in changing them in their vehicles. I know I've done it and miscalculated how much time I have to do something. Sure, we have our phones with us that automatically change but if someone has turned their phone off, then they may forget the time hasn't been changed in the vehicle, especially if they are under stress.

Do vehicle computers adjust the time to take into consideration DST which is causing a discrepancy in the timeline

ETA Nevermind! I think I have that round backwards!

Today’s fire in Boulder County is quite a bit further than the town of Boulder itself. To get to the fire by road, you’d usually drive to Lyons and head into the valley that way. I’d give that at least 45min to an hour from Broomfield. It’s a stretch. It’s not impossible but it’s a stretch.
Is Lyons, by any chance, between the M house, and Broomfield?

I’m interested to know the proximity of the PP home river area and the Salida beach house river area especially with regard to the pathway of flow and varying water levels at each during May 8 through June 1. MOO

I believe there's a dam downstream of the PP house, such that no evidence or bodies could easily find their way past. I believe the reservoir behind the dam was searched (it's not large - but I could be misremembering, perhaps a local will weigh in).

On May 17, the flow of the river was termed "moderate" to "moderately high" by the website that publishes such things. I think it's a fork of the South Arkansas River, rafting hadn't started yet, water was cold.

So many inconsistencies.
It just looks like BM never expected LE to doubt the bike ride.
If only they had bought that and not looked closely at him...he thought he could get away with it.
Moo
What, if he had hired an abductor/killer? He isn't the one, who did something to Suzanne himself. But he is the one, who had to prepare an alibi (being at Broomfield, girls away out of state), and he is the one, who has to come clear with the investigation now, not knowing, what Suzanne's fate exactly is. He publicly vacillates between abduction and murder, Suzanne still alive or Suzanne deceased, he doesn't know for 100%. What he knows for sure, is: he got rid of her forever, and he is now Single. Whether he should grieve a little bit, he also doesn't know; it's too soon probably. Apart from this, he has no time left for grief, has to be busy with dispelling the suspions around him.
Would that be possible at all? Idk.

I still think there's a possibility the time discrepancy could be as simple as BM reading the time in his truck where he'd failed to adjust the clock forward for DST in March. There are people who are very lax in changing them in their vehicles. I know I've done it and miscalculated how much time I have to do something. Sure, we have our phones with us that automatically change but if someone has turned their phone off, then they may forget the time hasn't been changed in the vehicle, especially if they are under stress.

Do vehicle computers adjust the time to take into consideration DST which is causing a discrepancy in the timeline

ETA Nevermind! I think I have that round backwards!
MOO I think the time that he would use would be on his phone.
Think the internal truck GPS would be Universal Time due to being tied to a satellite.

Last edited:
Think the internal truck GPS would be Universal Time due to being tied to a satellite.
This is an interesting question. I think the internal GPS would use the time set in the main computer of the car. Which I think would be tied to the clock as it shows on the dashboard.
But even if that isn’t the case and the data would be logged in UT, that wouldn’t be a problem either.
Because despite what BM would have us believe, I don’t believe LE to be bungling idiots, and I also don’t believe this would be the first time EVS data would have been read. I’m confident that LE knows the real time of the data exactly. Especially because FBI and CBI too was helping with the case from early on.

IMHO

In most cases these days, all time events are stored as UTC. In the case of databases, if the current time is desired for display etc. , there are two columns, one is the UTC time that is actually stored (on an insert), and a computed column that is the UTC time, plus the current local offset. All date math and comparisons are done with the UTC column.

House Donated?
Just watched this one, wow!
Local Salida attorney’s added a cherry on top
House donated to foundation brought up in the hypothetical highly interesting
Watching the facial expressions of Chris is fine entertainment
I'm days behind, trying to catch up including this 53 min podcast.
The Puma Path house?
Can someone pls give an approx timestamp for stmt in above post? TiA.

ETA: Profiling Evil: `

Last edited:

For the United States, GPS time is copied from Universal Time (UTC) but is coordinated, not calibrated, to agree. There are some issues with the system that Ford uses, but errors are easily reset. IMO

OT: GPS Time vs NIST "Atomic Clock" Time

Time May Be Running Out for Millions of Clocks

Does anyone else have time zone issues with their clock?

What, if he had hired an abductor/killer? He isn't the one, who did something to Suzanne himself. But he is the one, who had to prepare an alibi (being at Broomfield, girls away out of state), and he is the one, who has to come clear with the investigation now, not knowing, what Suzanne's fate exactly is. He publicly vacillates between abduction and murder, Suzanne still alive or Suzanne deceased, he doesn't know for 100%. What he knows for sure, is: he got rid of her forever, and he is now Single. Whether he should grieve a little bit, he also doesn't know; it's too soon probably. Apart from this, he has no time left for grief, has to be busy with dispelling the suspions around him.
Would that be possible at all? Idk.
I agree. I posted a few pages back . Denver Hitman, ex-con meeting Sat.-possible middleman for payoff, phony motel for phony job uses bleach for diversion- casts eyes on usual suspect on purpose- he's clean-deed done by Denver pro- but.....most believe the "tale" and his actions dictate guilt...can't exclude this theory ...I beg someone to disprove a possible hitman...IMO Motown

Title Ins for PP property?
In my state, we would accept certified Letters of Guardianship to write the title policy and convey the Deed. I don't know what CO will require. It appears there will need to be an action to transfer the guardianship to CO - I think I will check out the IN docket and see if there is anything new in Chaffee County. JMO
@oviedo
IIRC, IN gdnship statutes require Gdn/BM to file an inventory/accounting of prop's, accts, assets, within 60 days (or 90?) of apptmt. If BM has not filed that yet, should be filed soon.

Does anyone know whether IN court order contains a list of the various Gdnship properties (which presumably would include or be derived from the Gdn's ct-filed inventory/accounting -- say, for ex, PP home in CO., to which the G'dnship applies, and is therefore subject to BM's authority to act, sell, etc.

Would title ins co. require that before 1. commitment to issue title policy, or 2. actually issuing title ins policy itself?
Or perhaps list (in Schedule B, IIRC) in Exclusions, SM's ownership interest in PP?

Still a few days behind on this thread, sorry if already covered.

I agree. I posted a few pages back . Denver Hitman, ex-con meeting Sat.-possible middleman for payoff, phony motel for phony job uses bleach for diversion- casts eyes on usual suspect on purpose- he's clean-deed done by Denver pro- but.....most believe the "tale" and his actions dictate guilt...can't exclude this theory ...I beg someone to disprove a possible hitman...IMO Motown

Sure, it's a possibility...........but anyone could have hired a hitman, and to charge anyone the hitman would probably have to be identified and linked to the suspect.
In the 2019 trial of Patrick Frazee, the prosecution attempted to introduce, to show premeditation, a witness who would have testified that PF told the witness he was going to travel to Breckenridge or Frisco to hire a hitman. It was not allowed.
IMO

Sure, it's a possibility...........but anyone could have hired a hitman, and to charge anyone the hitman would probably have to be identified and linked to the suspect.
In the 2019 trial of Patrick Frazee, the prosecution attempted to introduce, to show premeditation, a witness who would have testified that PF told the witness he was going to travel to Breckenridge or Frisco to hire a hitman. It was not allowed.
IMO
But "anyone" did not rent a motel to establish a alibi. Why else was the room rented? There was no job as per everyone. IMO Why the ex con? Of course it could be a accomplice after the fact to dispose of everything-maybe that was what was bought instead of the deed itself. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SidewardsDog