Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And 4:00 am Sunday morning? That is the million dollar question.
Actually, I see this as going toward BM creating a rushed, sloppy last minute alibi for Sunday for needing to be out of Dodge when his wife is reported “missing”, as well as needing add’l unsuspecting people to involve and be able to throw under the bus (and alas, he in fact did try & throw them under the bus as we heard for ourselves in one of his conversations w/ LS), after some sort of impulsive rage incident happening on Friday(?)-Saturday after Suzanne took advantage of the Daughters not being home that weekend and confronted him about something she found out about, most likely some sketchy, possibly illegal/nefarious financial dealings BM was involved in, and she could have also mentioned the “D” word = financial devastation for BM. It all came to a head, he was exposed/called out by SM, the mask came off, he flipped out and fatally harmed her.

The Daughters being out of town and the wall job could be timing coincidences (albeit convenient and although I’m not a huge believer in coincidences, they do happen), that worked out in his favor. With the wall job having been scheduled to be worked on on the 11th, he simply moved up a day & made up a phony story about having to go up a day earlier to get the site ready for his “workers“ (patsies) who were coming in the next day to do the work. If I remember correctly, MG stated that the wall job was originally scheduled to be worked on on April 30 by *JUST* she & BM, and that the job got rescheduled to work on May 11. I know, this whole wall re-do job sounds completely convoluted and ill planned with materials not being available to do the job on Monday the 11th etc., but it could be because of Covid and orders were delayed, maybe that’s why the original date of April 30 got moved up to May, 11 and perhaps nobody followed up including BM that the supplies would be delivered & available on May 11, totally unprofessional I know, but stranger things have been known to happen.

This may not be what happened at all, but it makes sense to me.

I do believe BM is a shady, sketchy character looking out for #1 at all times, who will use anything and anyone to get what he wants, and that we will find out that finances are at the bottom of this/the motive.

The above is IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
ITA

Jumping off your post...JMO...but during this time due to Covid, supplies including building supplies were starting to get low and things were not readily available as usual (remember the toilet paper shortage?) and businesses were shut down. Maybe there were delays in getting block and construction supplies ordered for jobs. It was definitely like that here in my state and businesses are just now getting back on track in some areas.

MOO If he tried to order and couldn't get blocks to raise the wall and other supplies, would he not cancel May 11th till supplies were available?

IMO, there's a lot of smoke and mirrors in this case. Some of it due to rumors and lack of information, and some of it likely intentional by some individual(s). While frustrating for folks like us, it only "works" for non-LE people. It maybe leaving the average population confused, but LE has cards (probably a lot of them). They are not the least swayed by any type of PR campaign - intentional or not.

The perp(s), do not know what LE knows. If any of them are reading here - sucks for you :) It's obvious LE hasn't and won't buy any narrative that conflicts with the evidence they have. Even if general interest goes away, the evidence won't. IMO, the die is cast and the perp(s) will be brought to justice. All my own opinion.

Thx for asking this question. I hope you get an informed answer. I also wonder if BM's company delinquent status at the time he was working on the wall will cause any trouble for Miller.
I'm thinking that before this is over, a lot of people will regret having any dealings with BM.
Moo
Without naming any specifics, it looks like Colorado has a problem with a lot of businesses in "Delinquent" status. After noticing some businesses connected with this case were in "Delinquent Status" on the Colorado Secretary of State website (using "business search" and either business name or registered agent name), I started searching random businesses in the general area and noticed quite a few register with Sec of State and later go delinquent. Some, including some associated with this case, later file an online form and pay a fee to correct the status.

I don't know, but it is possible that businesses are keeping filings current with the Dept of Revenue so they are paying taxes as required, but neglect to also remain current with the Secretary of State so that information like business mailing address and registered agent name and address and contact information are kept current.

And 4:00 am Sunday morning? That is the million dollar question.

If that IN company worker's statement to LS is accurate re: being notified on Thursday, May 7th that BM's crew would be working on that retaining wall on Monday the 11th, then our timeline is completely buggered.

I think the claim that SM was texting with her friend on that Saturday may prove to be completely wrong.

JMO.

Actually, I see this as going toward BM creating a rushed, sloppy last minute alibi for Sunday for needing to be out of Dodge when his wife is reported “missing”, as well as needing add’l unsuspecting people to involve and be able to throw under the bus (and alas, he in fact did try & throw them under the bus as we heard for ourselves in one of his conversations w/ LS), after some sort of impulsive rage incident happening on Saturday after Suzanne took advantage of the Daughters not being home that weekend and confronted him about something she found out about, most likely some sketchy, possibly illegal/nefarious financial dealings BM was involved in, and she could have also mentioned the “D” word = financial devastation for BM. It all came to a head, he flipped out, fatally harming her.

The Daughters being out of town and the wall job could be timing coincidences (albeit convenient and although I’m not a huge believer in coincidences, they do happen), that worked out in his favor. With the wall job having been scheduled to be worked on on the 11th, he simply moved up a day & made up a phony story about having to go up a day earlier to get the site ready for his “workers“ (patsies) who were coming in the next day to do the work. If I remember correctly, MG stated that the wall job was originally scheduled to be worked on on April 30, but got rescheduled to May 11th and was just supposed to be she & Barry working on it the 30th and the 11th after it got rescheduled. I know, this whole wall re-do job sounds completely ill planned with materials not being available to do the job on Monday etc., but it could be because of Covid and orders were delayed, maybe that’s why the original date of April 30 got moved up to May, 11 and perhaps nobody followed up including BM that the supplies would be delivered & available on May 11, totally unprofessional I know, but stranger things have happened.

This may not be what happened at all, but it makes sense to me.

I do believe BM is a shady, sketchy character looking out for #1 at all times, who will use anything and anyone to get what he wants, and that we will find out that finances are at the bottom of this/the motive.

The above is IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

From the LS/MG interview:

The original plan for the Broomfield job – a retaining wall – included only Gentile and Barry, she said.

“We were originally supposed to go out there at the end of April,” Gentile explained.

She said, the plans changed, pushing the project to the first of May, then changed again to the weekend of May 10. Gentile said she was surprised when Barry called her asking her to assemble a crew for the job.

“Last minute he changed everything. In fact, he called me that Sunday – Mother’s Day – and was really frantic, really didn’t sound like himself,” Gentile said. “I hung up the phone and I thought he just had the worst night of his life.”

Still, Gentile agreed to pick up Jeffrey Puckett and head to Broomfield.

There are already over a thousand comments on LS latest video, but it's worthwhile to scroll through and click on the replies that are bolded in blue and read
"view replies from Lauren Scharf and others"

She's been responding, answering some interesting questions, with some interesting answers.

Yes. A comment made by LS to someone is:

"Morgan told me that Barry was pissed because he lost about $30,000 for that job"

Soil Compaction Tests?
@OldCop Thx for the links. My "inner auditor" is trying to judge significance of these dox.
Oct 5 "Letter of Completion" on Kumar & Assoc. letterhead refers to "daily reports" dox re "observation and testing" previously submitted to Garrett Co. Are those "daily reports" actually documentation of a Kumar employee/engineer bring at the worksite ea. working day and observing that approp procedures were followed, to conclude that the work was done in "general compliance" w the "project plans" and "corrective or remedial recommendations."
So presumably, receiving this letter of completion prompts the final payment for job?
On attached pages: 'Soil Compaction Tests (tests 36, 37, and 38) dated May 28 then test 39, conducted Aug. 26.
If BM's crew completed the "do-over" in early/mid May, then
--- did Kumar first run tests May 28, or before then?
--- did one sample of the three tests give a unsatisfactory/unacceptable result? If so, which one?
--- Why was test 39 not run until Aug 26? Or did Kumar run test in meantime and not report another bad result?
--- Or was test 39 not a repeat test, but a test in different part of wall/site, or done for a diff factor? Why a 2 mo. gap btwn tests?
--- If last test necessary (39?) for Kumar to issue letter of completion was run Aug 26, was that letter, dated Oct 5, sent in the usu/routine time? More than 5 week gap?
Posters who know soil compaction, we need help w interp, please.

IDK if these the contents of the dox per se are meaningful, but I wonder about communications/e-trail btwn BM & other ppl involved? Re these dates, who said what to whom? When? When? Esp'ly re RE-starting the job.
Just rambling, My2cts.

Last edited:
Actually segues nicely with this discussion, at least to me. Reported per Lauren's recent video in her conversation with the prime contractors unknow worker..at the 6 minute mark

This worker was asked on Tuesday May 12th to find out who was out there working on the wall, he was told maybe they had abducted Barry’s wife, he said quote Tony was convinced those workers did something

So, who had possibly planted that seed with Tony, to suspect any connection whatsoever with Barry’s workers, people Tony didn’t know from Adam? To suspect that they would have abducted Suzanne...that's pretty dramatic. Obviously he was getting a different story than the hungry Mountain Lion of Monday. I can only think of one person who would plant that seed. Within a day and a half of Suzanne missing, less than two days time, most likely before Morgan and JP were even back in Salida. IMO
ITA.
Your bolded text is pertainant and, I think, exposes another layer of intentional misdirection. More lying by a practiced liar.

While I do not think he would have been stupid enough to hide Suzanne or evidence in Broomfield, if he had planned ahead of time to accuse the workers of her murder, he may have.

Im leaning more towards the idea that accusing them was more of a muddying of the waters, tho. Sending LE on another wild goose chase. Especially when it became apparent to him that they weren't buying the bike ride. And by Tuesday, they had ruled out a cougar attack too.

What better way to explain away the chlorine smell at the HI, the workers did it.

I have to wonder how many times BM has blamed his mistakes on others, made others take the fall for him.

It looks like he was scrabbling to explain, and none of his stories are the truth. Just a very sloppy aftermath of a vile act. Moo

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

From the LS/MG interview:

The original plan for the Broomfield job – a retaining wall – included only Gentile and Barry, she said.

“We were originally supposed to go out there at the end of April,” Gentile explained.

She said, the plans changed, pushing the project to the first of May, then changed again to the weekend of May 10. Gentile said she was surprised when Barry called her asking her to assemble a crew for the job.

“Last minute he changed everything. In fact, he called me that Sunday – Mother’s Day – and was really frantic, really didn’t sound like himself,” Gentile said. “I hung up the phone and I thought he just had the worst night of his life.”

Still, Gentile agreed to pick up Jeffrey Puckett and head to Broomfield.

RBBM
Correct, she did. If it were me in that situation at 4am getting a frantic call, especially from my Boss, red flags and alarm bells would have been going off all over the place, and you better believe I’d be asking wth is this really all about?! But I get the sense MG did what was requested of her/what she was told to do, as when dealing with someone like “no questions asked” BM, most people learn sometimes it is best to just go along, comply and not question, whether it be to avoid the fallout, out of fear etc., whatever the reason is, and there could be many. Not saying it’s definitely the case here, but it certainly could be. Based on what I’ve seen and heard from BM, I can def see him as a blustering bully to anyone who dare question him and/or his motives, amongst all his other sketchy unbecoming behavioral/character traits.

IMHO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
"A Colorado LLC becomes delinquent when it fails to file a Periodic Report within 4 months after the Periodic Month. If your LLC is marked "Delinquent", you won't be able to do business in Colorado. To cure your LLC's "Delinquent" status, submit a Statement curing Deliquency with the CO Secretary of State. Filing this document can only be done online. The fee is $100. " Quoted material is from Matt Horowitz, founder and educator, LLC University.

One of the oddest things regarding this case, is something that Morgan Gentile said. She said was told something along the lines of "We would give you your paycheck, but we don't want it to look like hush-hush money...". In my opinion, that comment, in regards to her paycheck - is extremely telling.

Who didn't want it to look like "hush-hush" money, and what was being hushed up? I cannot get that statement out of my mind.
Wages are wages, that were agreed beforehand. Why should someone interpret her wage as silent money? Why did Barry fear this and send his "mafia"? Verrry telling, I agree.

Wages are wages, that were agreed beforehand. Why should someone interpret her wage as silent money? Why did Barry fear this and send his "mafia"? Verrry telling, I agree.
That makes me wonder...did she get her paycheck?

In addition, why the comment to her regarding her not having to turn over her cell phone to the authorities? They advised her that she "had rights". Why would anyone want to prevent her from turning her cell phone over to police, if there was nothing to hide? Who were the individuals who said that to her?

Was it not also interesting, that when Barry needed her, i.e., the 4:00 am phone call, she was deemed important to the job, and he did not have any issue working with her?

After that, at some point in time, she was fired --- discarded --- and there was an attempt to smear her with remarks about her alleged illegal drug usage. Does that not sound suspicious?

In addition, why the comment to her regarding her not having to turn over her cell phone to the authorities? They advised her that she "had rights". Why would anyone want to prevent her from turning her cell phone over to police, if there was nothing to hide? Who were the individuals who said that to her?

Was it not also interesting, that when Barry needed her, i.e., the 4:00 am phone call, she was deemed important to the job, and he did not have any issue working with her?

After that, at some point in time, she was fired --- discarded --- and there was an attempt to smear her with remarks about her alleged illegal drug usage. Does that not sound suspicious?
According to Lauren, those two individuals were TN and GD, Barry’s nephew and close friend respectively.

MG did exactly as she was asked that weekend, assembling a crew and traveling to Bloomfield. It appears that because she cooperated and didn’t follow the instructions that were clearly being delivered, she was fired.

What could she have told LE and what could her phone have told LE, that Barry would decide to cut ties?

Whatever it was, it has to be huge.

"A Colorado LLC becomes delinquent when it fails to file a Periodic Report within 4 months after the Periodic Month. If your LLC is marked "Delinquent", you won't be able to do business in Colorado. To cure your LLC's "Delinquent" status, submit a Statement curing Deliquency with the CO Secretary of State. Filing this document can only be done online. The fee is $100. " Quoted material is from Matt Horowitz, founder and educator, LLC University.

Per Colorado Secretary of State:
"A status of Delinquent or Expired only indicates that the appropriate documents to keep the record in statutory compliance were not filed; not necessarily that the business is no longer operating."
(See last sentence in response to Q1):
Business FAQs

According to Lauren, those two individuals were TN and GD, Barry’s nephew and close friend respectively.

MG did exactly as she was asked that weekend, assembling a crew and traveling to Bloomfield. It appears that because she cooperated and didn’t follow the instructions that were clearly being delivered, she was fired.

What could she have told LE and what could her phone have told LE, that Barry would decide to cut ties?

Whatever it was, it has to be huge.
ITA MassGuy. :)

IMO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

From LS latest yt:

" I (LS) was told that Barry never invoiced for the work, but paid Morgan and Jeffrey."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member