Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDK if this is related to SM's disappearance or not, but that golden looking tile that sticks out would have driven me nuts to see as anything but a aesthetic flaw. Did someone try to replace that on the cheap? Or use bleach to try and clean it?

That one tile would drive me crazy. I like natural things-I have big terra cotta tile, and they are various shades. However, that one tile doesn’t even look in the same family as any of the others. I have an extra box of each type of tile in my house in case one cracks (and extra grout as well).

I’m not sure? Grout may look a bit darker in one area than the rest as if it was stained. I do think it strange that one picture in front of the kitchen sink has a throw rug and one does not. As if the pictures were taken at 2 different times on different dates. https://www.movoto.com/salida-co/19057-puma-path-salida-co-81201/pid_396sqi4s9g/for-sale/
I noticed that also when looking at tile floor in the kitchen.
The throw rug is in one picture but not the other.

Well CM on PE keeps saying code 33. In police radio it means clear the channel, emergency traffic only but in Healthcare means a pregnant mom is in need of immediate care. As he likes to talk in riddles, think of the rumors that could get started if someone interpreted that the wrong way.
BBM:

"Pink bike"
"Bruce Lee"
"Code 33"
"The number 5"

It reminds me of those creative writing exercises in junior high where the teacher would write a bunch of random objects on the board and we'd have to write a story that tied all of them in to the narrative.

"What does Bruce Lee have to do with Suzanne's disappearance? Stay tuned!"

I honestly can't be bothered chasing down all those rabbit holes the PE guys love to dig.

Having said that, I respect the technique.

I mean, who doesn't love a cliffhanger, right?
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what I'm seeing. It looks like the grout doesn't match in a few spot almost like tile was replaced and the color wasn't matched correctly for the new grout. And, it looks crooked in spots. Maybe it's just the angle the pic was taken from.
It’s ledger stacked stone. Very irregular in color and depth. Probably slate. Similar to this photo.
35770506-1213-4A1A-B867-4DCADD6C90A2.jpeg

The lighter colored tile is in this picture from when they bought the house
77ecf65c5e7f1d4e04ef86bc6f2c7ab3-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

Current listing

a027e9f67e652ca90b9328bece30dd86l-m3931655969od-w1024_h768.jpg

Hoping for a little luck in finding SM.
For months I have been noticing the title of this thread
Suzanne Morphew, 49 ..... and thinking surely something will happen before we get to thread #49, but looks like we will be there soon.

November 10 is 6 months she’s been missing. Does anyone think that LE will make a physical presence and hand out flyers or just do a press release?

Suzanne Morphew, 49 ..... and thinking surely something will happen before we get to thread #49, but looks like we will be there soon.

November 10 is 6 months she’s been missing. Does anyone think that LE will make a physical presence and hand out flyers or just do a press release?
Not until IMO there is an arrest made . Give him lots of rope.

They seem to put out a press release every month, and I think it’s likely that will continue.

I do not expect flyers or canvassing this time.

MOO I guess she was never really "missing."
That status of "missing" generates immediate sheriff, Nextdoor, FB outreach, with all the pertinent information: last seen, height, weight, hair color.
Sheriff has acted as "deceased not located" from the beginning.

MOO I guess she was never really "missing."
That status of "missing" generates immediate sheriff, Nextdoor, FB outreach, with all the pertinent information: last seen, height, weight, hair color.
Sheriff has acted as "deceased not located" from the beginning.
I would really love to know what it was that made them so sure so quickly. There has to be some evidence that they knew from the start that this was a criminal investigation.

BBM:

"Pink bike"
"Bruce Lee"
"Code 33"
"The number 5"

It reminds me of those creative writing exercises in junior high where the teacher would write a bunch of random objects on the board and we'd have to write a story that tied all of them in to the narrative.

"What does Bruce Lee have to do with Suzanne's disappearance? Stay tuned!"

I honestly can't be bothered chasing down all those rabbit holes the PE guys love to dig.

Having said that, I respect the technique.

I mean, who doesn't love a cliffhanger, right?
<modsnip>
Bruce Lee was Chinese I believe. Wasn't BM into a gaming thing with the Chinese? Importer or seller?

A staged scene with the bike, the claim LE destroyed evidence and a timeline that did not add up?
I think it's more solid immediately. jmo. It took awhile to realize the timeline didn't add up. The claim LE destroyed evidence could have been BM's take, because he's a fireman so he has more knowledge than most, don'tcha know?
Maybe the obviousness of a staged scene is it!
But they went for BM immediately. There's something there. I wonder if he was all scratched up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025