Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more solid immediately. jmo. It took awhile to realize the timeline didn't add up. The claim LE destroyed evidence could have been BM's take, because he's a fireman so he has more knowledge than most, don'tcha know?
Maybe the obviousness of a staged scene is it!
But they went for BM immediately. There's something there. I wonder if he was all scratched up?
ITA. Either a huge mistake by BM right out of the gate, or possible prior knowledge of something regrading BM and/or his relationship with SM. MOO.

I would really love to know what it was that made them so sure so quickly. There has to be some evidence that they knew from the start that this was a criminal investigation.

IMO, it might have been the bike and location it was found that gave them their very first feeling something was not right. IIRC, the bike was found on the day she was reported missing. Of course more red flags were to come quickly...

Between roughly 6 pm and 9 pm on Mother's Day, LE had cause to lock down the house. And enough cause to hold it in lockdown until a full search warrant could be obtained and executed.

What DID the neighbor or LE see/smell? Sting your eyes bleach? Open windows? Bothersome staging or attempted repairs?

If LE noticed something suspicious, they'd back out and lock 'er down. Imagine if THAT happened BEFORE the bike was discovered!

The bike might distract temporarily but IMO only if it was found first!

JMO

Between roughly 6 pm and 9 pm on Mother's Day, LE had cause to lock down the house. And enough cause to hold it in lockdown until a full search warrant could be obtained and executed.

What DID the neighbor or LE see/smell? Sting your eyes bleach? Open windows? Bothersome staging or attempted repairs?

If LE noticed something suspicious, they'd back out and lock 'er down. Imagine if THAT happened BEFORE the bike was discovered!

JMO
Excellently! I wonder if BM got news that the house had been locked down and the bike not found. Was he listening in over a radio?

Would he have panicked and sent a friend to help the bungling sheriff find the bike. Cause it had to be found! And before he got there! He could not face LE until they had taken the bait.

Would he have given his friend hints about where the bike might be? If so, he gave himself away.
Speculation, moo.

Excellently! I wonder if BM got news that the house had been locked down and the bike not found. Was he listening in over a radio?

Would he have panicked and sent a friend to help the bungling sheriff find the bike. Cause it had to be found! And before he got there! He could not face LE until they had taken the bait.

Would he have given his friend hints about where the bike might be? If so, he gave himself away.
Speculation, moo.

I'm reminded of a man who murdered his wife on his lunch hour, at the kitchen table. He then threw her body down the basement stairs, carefully staging her shoes askance on the stairwell.

When LE questioned him, he feigned outrage and grief, how he hated those shoes, how many times he'd told her not to wear them, you know, for safety.

Clearly something inside the PP house didn't check out. Lockdown, SW1, SW2.

And when you can't leave the house.... you.... sell... it.

JMO

BM: 'if one person is saved.....then it's ok'

Saved how? From what?

The abductor or the cat?

That is one confusing declaration.
It struck me as evidence of a soul writhing in existential
torment, making a desperate stretch to justify an unforgivably evil act.

I'd think he was feeling better now. The soul can be cauterized by a determined effort to justify, rather than admit, the crime.

But that's just me. Speculation, moo.

I'm reminded of a man who murdered his wife on his lunch hour, at the kitchen table. He then threw her body down the basement stairs, carefully staging her shoes askance on the stairwell.

When LE questioned him, he feigned outrage and grief, how he hated those shoes, how many times he'd told her not to wear them, you know, for safety.

Clearly something inside the PP house didn't check out. Lockdown, SW1, SW2.

And when you can't leave the house.... you.... sell... it.

JMO
I remember that case.

He insisted that the shoes were responsible for her death, that he had warned her not to wear them, but she wouldn't listen. Victim blaming.

His machinations compare to the story being pushed that Suzanne's friendly personality was her downfall. Victim blaming.

The shoe salesman was convicted.
Speculation, moo.

I remember that case.

He insisted that the shoes were responsible for her death, that he had warned her not to wear them, but she wouldn't listen. Victim blaming.

His machinations compare to the story being pushed that Suzanne's friendly personality was her downfall. Victim blaming.

The shoe salesman was convicted.
Speculation, moo.
bbm
Ita.
Also reminds me of the woman who was "...drinking a beer and wearing a bikini out in the desert....".
Kidnapped of course.
But --on with one's life !
And it's not like someone had a fifth wheel or an airplane to sell to get some reward money together for her safe return.
Smh.
MOO

bbm
Ita.
Also reminds me of the woman who was "...drinking a beer and wearing a bikini out in the desert....".
Kidnapped of course.
But --on with one's life !
And it's not like someone had a fifth wheel or an airplane to sell to get some reward money together for her safe return.
Smh.
MOO
Examples of literally adding insult to injury. Moo

I think it's more solid immediately. jmo. It took awhile to realize the timeline didn't add up. The claim LE destroyed evidence could have been BM's take, because he's a fireman so he has more knowledge than most, don'tcha know?
Maybe the obviousness of a staged scene is it!
But they went for BM immediately. There's something there. I wonder if he was all scratched up?

I wonder about that too. Maybe he had fresh cuts on his hands, scratch marks, chemical burns or swollen knuckles and he told LE it was from his job in Broomfield? Maybe that’s another reason BM moved up the wall job because he needed an “alibi” that he could also use to explain his injuries?

I also think Suzanne’s friend might have contacted LE when she couldn’t reach her on Mother’s Day because she told her friend something that caused concern for her safety.

No Vent Hood?
No vent over the stove - it could get smokey in there
@CzarinaR Yes, certainly could get smoky, IF stove is not a downdraft* or self ventilated model, w hot air vented to exterior or pulled thru filtration system in cabinets & recirculated.
I suspect it is downdraft stove, like Jenn-Air brand or similar, introduced the then-$$$pricey$$$ home appliances to US consumer market in 1960's. jm2cts.
"Downdraft ranges have built-in vents between the burners, and suck smoke and steam through an exhaust pipe or filtration system. That means they don't need an external vent hood—a trait that makes them popular in open kitchens, and kitchens with cathedral ceilings. Jan 14, 2019

Last edited:
It had to be more than bleach. Even more than, say, every window open. Because Covid. One could surmise that Suzanne had been sanitizing all day....

I've studied the photos from the previous listing and compared them on large screen. Try though I may, nothing jumps out.

Because we don't have local reporters camped out, we don't know whether repair vehicles have been parked at the house. Carpet cleaners, carpet installers, cabinet installers, granite installers...

Something was off.

More than bleach.

JMO

JMO
Yes indeed, Sherlock! I think you’ve nailed it! :)

Where did the story that BM was at a firefighting training come from?
I cannot find who stated that at the first of this case.
This was the first, I believe, that we heard he was away at a firefighting training course.

Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

BM: 'if one person is saved.....then it's ok'

Saved how? From what?

The abductor or the cat?

That is one confusing declaration.
I took this statement as BM cynically playing the religious card -- SM, as a devout Christian, wouldn't mind dying if someone was 'saved' -- converted to Christianity, IOW. BM, hardly a model for Jesus, introduced that whole trope in order to sound like he himself was devout. It didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025