Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're almost to 6 months.

I'm sad and angry.

Those poor girls not only lost their mom, and under the cruelest of circumstances, they've been robbed of the support that should be theirs. No funeral, no facebook tributes, no place to post photos and memories, all eclipsed by the monster that did this. How they must suffer. In silence and isolation.

I wish we could give them a safe place to tell the world about the mother they adored....

A place for their pain...

JMO

Last edited:
There was a little movement on the Find Suzanne Morphew FB page this evening. Wonder who's up at 3 am changing things?

Find Suzanne Morphew

Thanks for pointing this out. I don't see the link to the on there anymore but it is still up. The new link doesn't go anywere? I think Trevor runs/ran that page. That's the only name I could find on it.

We're almost to 6 months.

I'm sad and angry.

Those poor girls not only lost their mom, and under the cruelest of circumstances, they've been robbed of the support than should be theirs. No funeral, no facebook tributes, no place to post photos and memories, all eclipsed by the monster that did this. How they must suffer. In silence and isolation.

I wish we could give them a safe place to tell the world about the mother they adored....

A place for their pain...

JMO
Wonderfully said, Megnut !

"Monster" is correct.

Thanks for pointing this out. I don't see the link to the *** on there anymore but it is still up. The new link doesn't go anywere? I think Trevor runs/ran that page. That's the only name I could find on it.
Are you talking about the original *** that TN set up or the Suzanne Morphew Hope Foundation ***? Is that new? It says it is a tribute/memorial fund and it appears you can make a one time donation or a recurring monthly donation. But it doesn’t seem to have the normal information such as who runs it, team members, goals, balance etc. WTH?!

I think that, when LE elected to drop any illusion of searching for SM on Monarch Pass and concentrated all of the efforts on the slab search / beach comb in Salida, all of the bridges to the immediate family were burned. Allegations were made of the most serious nature possible, even if they weren't specifically spelled out. There is no turning back now. IMO

I'm unclear on a few things you've said here. I've followed this case from day 1 but it seems like you're mentioning things I've never seen before (and maybe I've missed posts - entirely possible).

In what way did local LE drop any "illusion" (not sure why you've worded it this way?) of searching for SM on Monarch Pass?
How is it that you seem to know they did or didn't search for her there?
Has LE made a statement in regards to this?
How is it that you seem to know due this decision on where to search, this burned bridges with the immediately family?
What allegations, exactly, were made, and by whom, and directed towards whom?

You've made a lot of claims here without any links to verify anything so, can you please make it a little more clear exactly what you're referring to? Much appreciated.

Last edited:
<rsbm>

Can't find it right now, but IIRC, there was discussion that the neighbor lady said Barry told her to call 911, and members speculated it could have been because he was in Denver so it was more appropriate that she call as she was local in Salida.

JMO

This was BM’s first version of the events as told to TD. Notice he jumps around from I to We to They and back again. There was no mention in this interview that the neighbor was asked to go back and look for the bike. It was like he was being purposely vague.

Attachments

• 1F644B2A-0512-4F0B-96B0-5496B49B906A.jpeg
    1F644B2A-0512-4F0B-96B0-5496B49B906A.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 23
Thanks for pointing this out. I don't see the link to the *** on there anymore but it is still up. The new link doesn't go anywere? I think Trevor runs/ran that page. That's the only name I could find on it.

If you go to the "Community" section of the page, there are many complaints about the transparency of the ***. I'm assuming TN took the link down to quiet the noise. *eye roll.

imo.

Could we take a look at Sunday, Mother’s Day, daytime again? We think BM left Maysville sometime around 4::00 - 5:00 am.
We don’t know what time he arrived In Broomfield. LE likely does.
I just rewatched the TD video with BM again. He repeats a couple of times that he was in Denver. Subsequent interviews and articles state that he was in Denver that day. The thing is, Broomfield is almost 20 miles from Denver. If you told LE you were in Denver when you were actually in Broomfield, you would be lying about your whereabouts.
It seems he was trying to distance himself from Broomfield right from the beginning. Why?
Going back to Sunday day. MG said it looked like he did about 30 minutes work on the wall which was less than 5 minutes from the HIE. We know he took a shower, brought in some tools, left some mail in the trash, maybe laid down on the bed, and possibly used copious amounts of bleach or chlorine for something. All of this might have taken a couple of hours. If he arrived between 8:00 and 9:00 am, he would be finished by noontime. What if he didn’t show up until 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon? He has established his alibi. He made sure to point out that there all kinds of cameras around the hotel. He was conveniently gone when his workers showed up. If he did leave around noon, he actually had up to nine hours before he arrived back in Maysville.
So what did he do all day? He could have been anywhere. All he had to do was wait for the alarm call and then wait for 3 hours before he showed up at home.
MOO

Last edited:
Could we take a look at Sunday, Mother’s Day, daytime again? We think BM left Maysville sometime around 4::00 - 5:00 am.
I just rewatched the TD video with BM again. He repeats a couple of times that he was in Denver. Subsequent interviews and articles state that he was in Denver that day. The thing is, Broomfield is almost 20 miles from Denver. If you told LE you were in Denver when you were actually in Broomfield, you would be lying about your whereabouts.
It seems he was trying to distance himself from Broomfield right from the beginning. Why?
Going back to Sunday day. MG said it looked like he did about 30 minutes work on the wall which was less than 5 minutes from the HIE. We know he took a shower, brought in some tools, left some mail in the trash, maybe laid down on the bed, and possibly used copious amounts of bleach or chlorine for something. All of this might have taken a couple of hours. If he arrived between 8:00 and 9:00 am, he would be finished by noontime. What if he didn’t show up until 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon? He has established his alibi. He made sure to point out that there all kinds of cameras around the hotel. He was conveniently gone when his workers showed up. If he did leave around noon, he actually had up to nine hours before he arrived back in Maysville.
So what did he do all day? He could have been anywhere. All he had to do was wait for the alarm call and then wait for 3 hours before he showed up at home.
MOO

Re: Broomfield/Denver - it's possible he wasn't intentionally lying about where he was. I grew up and lived many years of my adult life in a small town. Almost no one, that isn't Navy or from the area, knows where my hometown is, so whenever folks ask I just say "the greater Seattle area" (and my hometown is actually an hour away from Seattle). It was one of the first things I thought of when I realized Broomfield (that I'd never heard of before) is not Denver, but close enough. I wondered if he just said Denver because most people know where Denver is, but someone not from the area wouldn't know Broomfield? Just a guess, and totally speculation.

As for what he did all day that he didn't even need to be there for, and didn't even do a full day's work, and legally wasn't even supposed to be working and then conveniently had to leave before the crew got there?

Anyone's guess until or unless he's arrested and the phone pings/phone data are included in the PC statement. His phone records will tell exactly where he was all day long.

jmo

This was BM’s first version of the events as told to TD. Notice he jumps around from I to We to They and back again. There was no mention in this interview that the neighbor was asked to go back and look for the bike. It was like he was being purposely vague.

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
On May 10, 2020 at 1746 hours the Chaffee County Communications Center received a report of a missing female in the area on County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.
Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

So the neighbor goes over, opens the garage,
04:01
the cars are all home.
04:02
She returns to her phone, calls Barry,
04:05
cars are home.
04:06
Barry says, "What about her bicycle?"
04:09
The lady says, "I'll have to go back over."
04:10
So she runs back over,
04:12
looks, no bicycle.

Last edited:
@Sillybilly - I agree, from the information we have this is true. I was not questioning such. Perhaps I didn’t explain well to not go into old stuff again. I think I find it odd that at some point when any of the three did get into range or closer - or whatever reason given for not being the original callers to 911, that none of them made their own calls to LE/911 to follow up, provide information, anything. My gut instinct tells me this is what I would instinctually do in such situation. I would need to become involved as soon as I was able- and to me in our tech world would be long before pulling into the driveway- I feel I would be taking action, not just chilling thinking it’s all good, the neighbor lady’s got this, it’s just my mom missing. But again, many unknowns here. Always, IMOO.

I would speculate that BM didn’t make the call to 911 himself, because he didn’t want to be recorded answering pertinent questions.

I would speculate that BM didn’t make the call to 911 himself, because he didn’t want to be recorded answering pertinent questions.

It would appear he has an issue with having his voice recorded or his face shown on camera.
Other than that ridiculous 26 second video on FB, he has acted like someone who was trying hard not to be recognized.

jmo

The murder of an innocent mother destroyed lives, not the efforts of law enforcement to bring her killer to justice.

You’re literally repeating Barry’s talking point. Of course, he has a vested interest in criticizing law enforcement.

Agree. Admittedly there are many on this thread who have followed the case more closely than I and in better positions to weigh in, but nothing I've seen in my months of following have suggested that LE has homed in on BM at the expense of more plausible suspects or theories; like, say, in the Heather Bogle case or others we've seen over the years.

SM disappears. BM behaves suspiciously before, during and after, all but refuses to search, offers oddly competing theories and accounts of his own timeline, does a series of oddball interviews and an amateurish video in which he seems to be more focused on defining their marriage from his perspective and defending himself preemptively against accusations.

Then he devotes time and legal effort to securing guardianship over shared assets via a sequence of financial moves that seem ostentatiously designed to benefit him over SM or funded efforts to find or recover her, may or may not have warned MG off and then makes questionable character claims about her and other employees present and past, disses SM's brother, searchers and search efforts in general -- all whilst recusing himself from any serious program of searching and questioning (and actively impugning) the motives of those who do.

LE in this case seems to have followed where the evidence led them. I doubt they're losing sleep over getting BM's buy-in, and I expect that they understand the hellish position that the daughters are in.

Maybe they've botched it, but I guess only time will tell. IMO.

Re: Broomfield/Denver - it's possible he wasn't intentionally lying about where he was. I grew up and lived many years of my adult life in a small town. Almost no one, that isn't Navy or from the area, knows where my hometown is, so whenever folks ask I just say "the greater Seattle area" (and my hometown is actually an hour away from Seattle). It was one of the first things I thought of when I realized Broomfield (that I'd never heard of before) is not Denver, but close enough. I wondered if he just said Denver because most people know where Denver is, but someone not from the area wouldn't know Broomfield? Just a guess, and totally speculation.

jmo

I agree here, Broomfield is considered part of the Greater Denver Area. As are Westminster, Arvada, Golden, Lakewood, Highlands Ranch, Aurora, etc. We all say we’re “from Denver” to anyone out of state. Seeing as BM didn’t live in Denver area, it’s possible he thought Broomfield is a suburb/extension of Denver and not its own municipalities and in a different county.

It doesn’t change or clarify his totally off timeline. Waiting and watching...

I agree here, Broomfield is considered part of the Greater Denver Area. As are Westminster, Arvada, Golden, Lakewood, Highlands Ranch, Aurora, etc. We all say we’re “from Denver” to anyone out of state. Seeing as BM didn’t live in Denver area, it’s possible he thought Broomfield is a suburb/extension of Denver and not its own municipalities and in a different county.

It doesn’t change or clarify his totally off timeline. Waiting and watching...

The City and County of Denver is "downtown" where the high rise buildings are, and geographically small original neighborhoods like LoDo. Everything else of a suburb in the Denver metroplex. IMO

MOO...If Colorado is like my area, 911 calls go to the dispatch in the area you are calling from...he was 3 hours away and his call would not have gone to the dispatch near his home. The 911 dispatch he would have spoken to would have probably had to look up the number to his home 911 area and transfer his call.

MOO
RBBM
Hmmm.....tempting :). I’d love to speculate but then I’d lose my privileges here ;).

It would appear he has an issue with having his voice recorded or his face shown on camera....
jmo
RSBM

MOO...If Colorado is like my area, 911 calls go to the dispatch in the area you are calling from...he was 3 hours away and his call would not have gone to the dispatch near his home......

This discussion comes up every thread....and every time my response is, the 3 hours away is an excuse.

Here's the deal in 2020, better than 80% of all 911 calls do come from cell phones and have for several years now. It’s nothing new to 911 or to TRAINED FIRST RESPONDERS. The first words out of your mouth should be an address, followed by the purpose of the call. Seems most 911 calls route to main dispatch centers and are disbursed from there, I would guess because of the high rate of cell calls. So, when the neighbor called it was her address that popped up, not Morphews, what time was saved?

I’ve posted before going full circle here, someone writes words to the effect “If he was in Denver, he could not call 911 and talk to the 911 for his home. He would have gotten Denver's 911 center.”

Barry is a trained first responder, he knows the drill and how to make the call. He didn't want to. He had his buddies (other first responders on speed dial) I suspect. Why didn't he call one of them to call 911...because he certainly did eventually as we know. It was all about distancing...

We are talking a trained first responder, whose own beloved is missing, not heard from all day, and he’s 3 hours away.

Talk about time and critical information…. We have a missing person, as a 911 responder, would you prefer to talk to a spouse/family member who knew her height, weight, age, habits,... the house, the door combo lock, camera and alarms possibilities/locations, possible other access points(garage) if they existed, the color of the bike, when she was last heard from, her usual morning habits, her recent medical issues, meds she may be on, if there are pets in the house, thinking guard dogs, possibly know what she may be wearing. Any strangers spotted around the house recently?

Or an older neighbor, who really didn't live that close, we are speaking a rural community of large lots (not your typical neighborhood housing environment) a neighbor of two years who could at most only share the family is all out of town but “thinks" she may have gone on a bike ride.

I would think a lot more than that was asked....but nothing that could be answered.

Last edited:
MOO...If Colorado is like my area, 911 calls go to the dispatch in the area you are calling from...he was 3 hours away and his call would not have gone to the dispatch near his home. The 911 dispatch he would have spoken to would have probably had to look up the number to his home 911 area and transfer his call.

BM, being a fire fighter , should know the direct number to the police station in Salida. He could have called himself. He chose not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr