Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question.
When was Suzanne last seen? Not heard if she spoke with the friend, no, seen? Even on FT?
Lots of people use texts. No text is the indicator that the person is alive, esp if there is a long string of previous text messages between the two.
What I want to say, perhaps BM had more time to get rid of the body and plan than we think.

Very nice, thank you!

Also, as I believe that in this case, we are dealing with the most mundane motive, avarice:

Supposedly, the perp knew how to count and did not want to divide the property in divorce.

But now, after all of it has been read, he obviously lost his business; god knows if the house will sell, probably, at a loss, if ever...his name is known, and not in a good way, his children's lives are never going to be the same...
wouldn't it have been cheaper to merely divide the assets?

Indeed. Dividing the assets, etc., etc., maybe...
We've said this many, many times: It's cheaper to keep her.
But you just want out.
So now we're looking at -- divorce, alimony, child support until they are 18 and sometimes beyond -- undergraduate college expenses are usually thrown in there. It's a big, big ouchie. That just costs too damm much. My hard-earned money... No-o-o-o-o-o. You want it all...

Phone's Location, Then & Now?
About that cell phone- Andy said:
58:46
suzanne always carried her cell phone
58:49
she tucked it into her shirt by her
58:51
chest every time she rode her bike
58:53
and they cannot find a cell phone
He got that information from someone, who told him that, BM?
@Knox Thx for direct quote & link.:):)
Yes, the above gives us two puzzle pieces, and either, both, or neither may be true.
1. SM always took phone on bike rides.
2. LE cannot find phone (Even if true, when person told AM, phone may have been found since).

And as you posted @Knox --- who told AM? Conceivably two different sources. BM? LE? Other?

Why are so many people thinking he disposed of her close to home? We know he drove to Broomfield in the wee small hours when all but highways and main feeder roads close to them would likely be all but deserted. There are plenty of deserted small lanes where he could have pulled off the road and dumped her remains. Some with sharp drop offs ending in ditches that may never be seen by the human eye.

Yes, it might be dicey to drive around with a corpse in the car but the likelihood of getting stopped AND having your vehicle searched is very low in these parts. IMO much less risky than disposing of your victim close to home.

I think she's close to home bc he knew that he would get caught on camera with her in his truck. I also think he had more time for burial, and it wouldn't look out of place, if he was seen tinkering around his land (or land adjacent to his). He would also have all of his tools at hand on his own property, so he had x amount of days to do it, and do it right.

If she's not close to home, she's somewhere he would hunt or work, again, so he wouldn't look out of place in that area. I just feel like if he had her in his truck at any point in his admitted departures/arrivals at the house, he would have been caught on camera somewhere, and would have been arrested by now. We know he is camera-aware, bc he admitted that he knew there were cameras in Broomfield.

The only thing that trips me up about her being on his property is lack of evidence found to arrest him immediately. But who knows how many days he actually had to clean up. There is a reason the cops were immediately suspicious, though, and this was never a missing persons case.

Then again, Fotis was caught on camera literally disposing of Jennifer, and he wasn't arrested immediately, so who really knows.

(Sorry if my reasoning is disjointed. I am fully aware that I cannot make up my mind what I think in this bizarre case. Lol.)

Good thinking -- the phone, the phone, the phone... it's been bothering me and all of us... we've seen this before.

Going alone for a bike ride and not taking your phone?
Somebody in your family is injured -- someone will call you about it -- you need your phone; your house is on fire -- a neighbor will call you -- you need your phone; you fall and break your ankle and cannot walk, or you have some type of breathing or heart or brain episode (it happens to healthy people) -- you need your phone. You're expecting an important call -- you need your phone.
SMH.

A mom, on Mother's Day, takes her phone. This is not the day you leave it home, intentionally or accidentally. She would be expecting to hear from her daughters!

I think she's close to home bc he knew that he would get caught on camera with her in his truck. I also think he had more time for burial, and it wouldn't look out of place, if he was seen tinkering around his land (or land adjacent to his). He would also have all of his tools at hand on his own property, so he had x amount of days to do it, and do it right.

If she's not close to home, she's somewhere he would hunt or work, again, so he wouldn't look out of place in that area. I just feel like if he had her in his truck at any point in his admitted departures/arrivals at the house, he would have been caught on camera somewhere, and would have been arrested by now. We know he is camera-aware, bc he admitted that he knew there were cameras in Broomfield.

The only thing that trips me up about her being on his property is lack of evidence found to arrest him immediately. But who knows how many days he actually had to clean up. There is a reason the cops were immediately suspicious, though, and this was never a missing persons case.

Then again, Fotis was caught on camera literally disposing of Jennifer, and he wasn't arrested immediately, so who really knows.

(Sorry if my reasoning is disjointed. I am fully aware that I cannot make up my mind what I think in this bizarre case. Lol.)
If there aren’t cameras that would capture his activity on the property he could easily load her body and drive away. Cameras are few and far between on those roads except where they run through a town.

The bigger concern would be a GPS system that would record him stopping anywhere along the way. Do we know if his vehicle was equipped w/one that’s on all the time?

That's 1100 miles away in Polson, Montana. A bit too far, no?

Yes that seems way too far away...but not if someone else took her there??? It’s most likely not Suzanne but still...a partially decomposed and skeletonized female body does fit so it’s hard to just write it off completely. I wonder if BM has ever been to that area for hunting? It looks like a beautiful place to visit.

Edit: Another possibility is Suzanne was moved far, far away prior to AM’s search.

Last edited:
Phone's Location, Then & Now?
@Knox Thx for direct quote & link.:):)
Yes, the above gives us two puzzle pieces, and either, both, or neither may be true.
1. SM always took phone on bike rides.
2. LE cannot find phone (Even if true, when person told AM, phone may have been found since).

And as you posted @Knox --- who told AM? Conceivably two different sources. BM? LE? Other?
IMO, the person who said “Suzanne went on a bike ride every day, Lauren. She was an avid biker. If she did not bike around the subdivision, she biked on trails". Is the same person who told Andy she had her phone with her when she rode.
Search for Suzanne Morphew pushes on despite silence from Chaffee County Sheriff | FOX21 News Colorado

BM had the perfect plan. He was 160 miles away when Suzanne was reported missing, the alarm bell was raised and reported to LE by someone else, the bike was staged. There's no way he could have the finger pointed at himself. Until ...

Yes that seems way too far away...but not if someone else took her there??? It’s most likely not Suzanne but still...a partially decomposed and skeletonized female body does fit so it’s hard to just write it off completely. I wonder if BM has ever been to that area for hunting? It looks like a beautiful place to visit.

Edit: Another possibility is Suzanne was moved far, far away prior to AM’s search.

I just hope the person is identified. So many people are missing.

Indeed. Dividing the assets, etc., etc., maybe...
We've said this many, many times: It's cheaper to keep her.
But you just want out.
So now we're looking at -- divorce, alimony, child support until they are 18 and sometimes beyond -- undergraduate college expenses are usually thrown in there. It's a big, big ouchie. That just costs too damm much. My hard-earned money... No-o-o-o-o-o. You want it all...

So let us hope he gets it - all that he deserves...but I do feel sorry for the children.

My point is that I doubt that SM had a LinkedIn account. I should have been more clear and apologize.

By their own definition, LinkedIn is a professional network that's mainly focused on careers.

We know she had fb, Instagram, and had not posted on Twitter since April 2017.

What is LinkedIn and How Can I Use It? | LinkedIn Help

Well, the profile registered to Suzanne of Salida, CO (and I am not the only one who saw it last May), shows a woman who is thinking about starting a career as a life and fitness coach.

Are you saying that Suzanne could not have had any professional aspirations?

This Suzanne is listed as employed by Sunset Farms, an LLC registered to Barry Morphew. I find it difficult to believe it's not our Suzanne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where in Idaho was the camping trip with family member?

We do not know and cannot sleuth family members.

A mom, on Mother's Day, takes her phone. This is not the day you leave it home, intentionally or accidentally. She would be expecting to hear from her daughters!

Although we've been told by locals that cell service is quite sketchy up that way. I don't take my phone on hikes or long walks, I have an Apple watch (and there's one picture where I believe I can see Suzanne wearing an apple watch). That, of course, would make it even weirder if the phone wasn't at the house, though. And the watch would provide another pathway of digital data. LE have to know where both last pinged.

I have a question.
When was Suzanne last seen? Not heard if she spoke with the friend, no, seen? Even on FT?
Lots of people use texts. No text is the indicator that the person is alive, esp if there is a long string of previous text messages between the two.
What I want to say, perhaps BM had more time to get rid of the body and plan than we think.

This is a good question. Supposedly, Suzanne and BM were seen at a sandwich shop in Salida at around 4 pm on Saturday. IIRC, this information came from AM? LE has not confirmed it, but must surely know if this was an actual sighting or not (if the source was one of BM's buddies speaking to AM, well then, I'll wait till LE weighs in).

If we take that information as fact (and I think AM does), then Suzanne was last seen around 4 pm on Saturday.

So what i understand, he can easily get all the components. However, the time... the time he might not have had?

Unless it was ... not whole?

Here - sulfuric acid. It was done in history, and not once.
How Hard Is it to Dissolve a Body?.

However, this product might be the strongest. I think it would smell of chlorine, and easy to make as no one would suspect either hydrochloric, or nitrous, acid, per se

Aqua regia - Wikipedia

Question:

Would BM's job - naturally - put him in contact with any strong corrosive substance that could be used to dissolve parts of the body?

What would it most likely be?

How much time would he have to do it? I'd assume, from the moment SM was last seen (not heard)?

Would the bleach be used to clean the bathroom afterwards?

Where was the smell of the bleach the strongest?

Alternatively (forget dissolving the body) - would bleach smell confuse cadaver dogs?

BM cleaning up elk racks means he had likely had chemicals on hand that get rid of soft organic material one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow