Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she will be “missing” until they can prove she is deceased but I don’t know exactly how they will get there unless they have quite abit more information that isn’t public yet. We will know if an arrest warrant gets signed by a judge.

Is there anyone out there who has familiarized themselves with this case, that believes SM may still be alive? I’m ‘comfortable’ that SM is dead. Why would a jury be different than anyone else on this forum. Unless LE knows something that we don’t, she’s gone, gone, gone. If there is something out there to suggest that she isn’t dead, well that just opens a whole can of worms.
JMO
yeah but we’re familiar with the case.

Well you won’t be convicted but you will be the first one looked at , just like I would be if my husband came up missing. They always go to those closest to you first , Rule you out and then go from there. From my understanding mr. Barry is not ruled out!!!
Moo
No, if there's one fact it's that LE have not ruled Suzanne's husband out.
They have never told the public to be on the alert for an abductor and have ruled out a mountain lion attack.
MOO

RBBM
We both know THAT isn’t ever going to happen :). Why? Because it’s been so painfully obvious right from the beginning that he is their ONLY suspect. There will be no surprises here. We just need to exercise patience. So hard.

Although this case is similar to the case against Donthe Lucas, the difference is, there wasn’t any doubt in LE’s mind who was responsible for Suzanne’s disappearance. Very regretfully, that was not the case when Kelsie turned up missing. Thank goodness for her mother’s dogged determination in keeping her case alive. JMO
bbm
Exactly.
Actually I backtrack from my other comment.
LE did rule out an abduction.

The 26-second offer of a pricey reward to the contrary.
If my spouse went missing--- I'd use that money for searches until it was all gone, and then I'd borrow or take out a loan.
Anything.
But that's just me and I love my spouse.
Imo.

I agree totally with sticking to the facts. We know they found her bike and undisclosed personal items near the bike. The trail she frequented was near another trail known for backpackers coming through on a regular basis. The dogs picking up the scent of a dead body doesn't really mean anything. Dogs are wrong, often, its a fact no matter what anyone tells you. They are a tool, and something like that isn't sufficient evidence of a crime. The police closed both properties and treated them as crime scenes. Sounds like they did their job. They haven't mentioned a person of interest and honestly in my opinion, unless they find a smoking gun, I wouldn't waste my time looking at the husband. It would have to be a bomb shell of evidence. The fact that the FBI are involved tells us, they believe its an abduction. They have to have pretty significant evidence of an abduction to get the FBI involved. Its a fact that sexual predators patrol areas like that for victims, and the woman was very attractive, and athletic, and she was out there alone, near a backpacking trail. Its like the perfect opportunity. I'm guessing the personal items were clothing, like her shoes or a shirt, hell, maybe all her clothes. I know they searched the water and that would have been my next guess. In my opinion this guy is an experienced predator. It takes guts to attack someone in broad daylight. So I would look next at the sexual offender registry in the area. Considering the backpacking trail he might not be from the area. The man who people are speculating may have killed the two girls in Delphi Indiana lived in another state. But he dad, I listen to true crime and fight with my boyfriend all the time. If he ends up murdered, will I be convicted of it? I sure hope not. But this is all just my opinion based on the facts.
Where are your facts from? If you're sticking with facts.

Are you saying I would murder him? I don't get it. I think I implied I wouldn't. He is the love of my life.
KRDO news did an interview with a former Pueblo County Sheriff Dan Corsentino speaking on what a sheriff said I believe, ""The sheriff of Chaffee County would say that he has information that is pertinent to something beyond Chaffee County and they want the FBI to search outside Chaffee County,"

"This case is going to be something more than I think a family-related case. That's just my gut instinct," Corsentino said.
He's a seasoned detective and he thinks its more than a family related murder.
I agree people are ugly. There are people who do horrible things to people they love. I have had horrible things done to me as a child that took away my innocence about the innate goodness of people a long time ago. I just haven't seen anything yet that convinces me the husband did it. There is a man living in downtown Salidas named Richard Wallen. He was convicted of first degree sexual assault in 1997, and sentenced to 32 years. Was eligible for parole in 2006. He's a repeat offender. Chief Deputy District attorney Mary Keenan pushed legislation to allow previous sexual assault convictions to be allowed into evidence because of him. Here is the article.
The Final Exam
Does anyone know anything about this guy. If he did this, it might be his third strike. They'd put him away for good. Sounds like a powerful motive to make someone disappear.
And he is just one of many.
The investigators know more than we do so it's hard to say. I was watching a you tuber who mentioned the personal item was a t-shirt, like I suspected, but I don't know if it's true, just something I heard.

The Delphi Case. Check out a man named Thomas Bruce. He committed some horrible sexual assaults and a murder at a catholic store. His size is the same, he even sounds like the guy who said down the hill. And he also wore a pageboy cap and coat just like the phone video when he committed the catholic church crimes. There are a few you tube videos talking about the Thomas Bruce Theory.
Regarding Cosentino, he gave that interview at the beginning of the investigation without having seen or heard any of its facts or evidence. So I just disregard that as a baseless opinion which was unprofessional at that point in time.

Regarding the t-shirt, it was found by a diving team looking for YouTube fame months later and never proven to be Suzanne’s.

Regarding the last two suggestions if she was raped she would have surfaced not stayed missing. Lastly, the Delphi Murders suspect, that’s a stretch.

We have to look at some of the facts in this case. Smell of bleach at house and hotel. BM leaving the hotel due to a family emergency way before SM was missing and 911 call was placed. BM not wanting to be named or be in front of cameras during the first week. BM’s 27 second plea to SM offering reward only for a safe return. BM not looking for SM. The strange Baby Blue Bike Helmet note story and looking through the trash at market. Then finding SM’s bike helmet days later on same road. BM not attending SM’s vigil or planned searches. AM mentioning SM was a victim of domestic violence, also mentioning she was deceased. LE/FBI conducting 3 search warrants 2 at the Morphew house and 1 at BM’s work site. LE not ruling out BM as a suspect. LE interviewing and collecting cell phone data from at least one of his employees, MG. BM sending TN and GD to scare MG into not cooperating with LE. Collected vehicle and bobcat data not aligning with BM’s testimony. BM declaring SM incapacitated and becoming her Legal Guardian so he could sell the IN property, her car, purchase the Longhorn Ranch property, to then sell it and finally selling their joint Colorado home. BM disposing of SM’s clothing months after she disappeared. BM dating again less than a year after SM’s disappearance.

There are many more I am forgetting but they all point to BM not a stranger or Internet conspiracies.

Are you saying I would murder him? I don't get it. I think I implied I wouldn't. He is the love of my life.
KRDO news did an interview with a former Pueblo County Sheriff Dan Corsentino speaking on what a sheriff said I believe, ""The sheriff of Chaffee County would say that he has information that is pertinent to something beyond Chaffee County and they want the FBI to search outside Chaffee County,"

"This case is going to be something more than I think a family-related case. That's just my gut instinct," Corsentino said.
I agree people are ugly. There are people who do horrible things to people they love. I have had horrible things done to me as a child that took away my innocence about the innate goodness of people a long time ago. I just haven't seen anything yet that convinces me the husband did it. There is a man living in downtown Salidas named Richard Wallen. He was convicted of first degree sexual assault in 1997, and sentenced to 32 years. Was eligible for parole in 2006. He's a repeat offender. Chief Deputy District attorney Mary Keenan pushed legislation to allow previous sexual assault convictions to be allowed into evidence because of him. Here is the article.
The Final Exam
Does anyone know anything about this guy. If he did this, it might be his third strike. They'd put him away for good. Sounds like a powerful motive to make someone disappear.
The investigators know more than we do so it's hard to say. I was watching a you tuber who mentioned the personal item was a t-shirt, like I suspected, but I don't know if it's true, just something I heard.

The Delphi Case. Check out a man named Thomas Bruce. He committed some horrible sexual assaults and a murder at a catholic store. His size is the same, he even sounds like the guy who said down the hill. And he also wore a pageboy cap and coat just like the phone video when he committed the catholic church crimes. There are a few you tube videos talking about the Thomas Bruce Theory.

I’m not sure what your question is. In your example, you stated that you and your boyfriend fight all the time and asked if your boyfriend was murdered, should you be convicted? If he ended up murdered, there would be an investigation, and whoever murdered him should be convicted.

If you have a tip on a suspect in the Morphew case, you should call it in to LE.

In the case of the Delphi murders, LE believes the killer is likely local.
• Location of suspect: At the same April 2019 press conference, Doug Carter, superintendent of the State Police, said new information leads investigators to believe that the killer is from Delphi, and they believe he either still lives or works in Delphi, or frequently visits the area.
Delphi murders: 4 years later, what we know in deaths of Abby and Libby

The Final Exam

This whole article is all speculation, it’s a PI that knows as much about the case as we do. Which is not much. We’ve beat most of these articles into the ground and there doesn’t seem to be many that thinks it’s an abduction.

As of right now everything seems to be slowing down a bit for the public, although probably not for LE who hold most, if not all, of the cards.
We just need to find Suzanne for her brother, siblings, and friends who have made an effort in this investigation.
Those who have shown concern and not reacted angrily.

Her brother Andy's frustration and grief in his interviews were palpable. :(
He has done so much to raise awareness for his sister.
Imo.

Last edited:
As of right now everything seems to be slowing down a bit for the public, although probably not for LE who hold most, if not all, of the cards.
We just need to find Suzanne for her brother, siblings, and friends who have made an effort in this investigation.
Those who have shown concern and not reacted angrily.

Her brother Andy's frustration and grief in his interviews were palpable. :(
He has done so much to raise awareness for his sister.
Imo.
Yes, and keep talking , talking , talking . I’m sure this thread is being watched !

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member