Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been following the Maya Millete case and Alexis Sharkey case. The latter has been very slow.
I read this morning about Maya making an appt with a divorce attorney on the day she disappeared (sorry, don’t want to hijack this thread).
My point is that the attorney is the person who made that public. LE did not provide that information to anyone. I wonder what LE knows about Suzanne’s life, that they are not sharing.

Same here, just WS for me. I appreciate the content restrictions here so very much. Keeps the discussions rational.

(Sorry to be off-topic, but what other cases are you following here on WS? I need to be occupied while we wait for justice in this case. Thanks!)
Hi @JosieMae, as I stated in my previous post I’m obsessed with Suzanne’s case, and while it’s been slow/not much new info to dissect here, I read a lot of cases/threads on WS in between, and following a few other cases closely you might find interesting:
*Maya Millette (39), missing wife & Mother of 3 small children reported missing in January.
*Orson (3) & Orrin West (4), toddler brothers reported missing in December.
*Gannon Stauch (11), reported missing January, 2020, located deceased March, 2020. Murderess Step-monster going to trial soon.

The Maya Millette case reminds me of Suzanne’s. Maya is beautiful person, loving, good Mom, went missing under suspicious circumstances and suspicious husband who doesn’t search or attend vigils, and per her family, has lawyered up and stopped cooperating. When I’m on Maya’s thread it’s like deja-vu, as many of the circumstances and details surrounding Maya’s disappearance are strikingly similar to Suzanne’s.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I read this morning about Maya making an appt with a divorce attorney on the day she disappeared (sorry, don’t want to hijack this thread).
My point is that the attorney is the person who made that public. LE did not provide that information to anyone. I wonder what LE knows about Suzanne’s life, that they are not sharing.

Loads. Literally.
Not only do they know loads about her life (that have not been made public yet), but loads about BM's life as well, and several others named along the way. It's always quite interesting to learn later, what LE knew, when they knew it and how it played into the course of the investigation.

jmo

Earliest Criminal Case using DNA Evidence?
@Love Never Fails sbm bbm Thx for your post. Not gonna debate about prosecution or defense strategies in ^ trial or the outcomes either. You're right: OJ case* in which victims were killed in 1994, and trial started in 1994, was a fairly early case using DNA evd, but not the first.

The distinction of first person convicted of murder based on DNA fingerprinting evidence belongs to Colin Pitchfork, an Englishman** who raped & murdered two girls, one in 1983, the second in 1986. After his 1987 arrest & 1988 life sentence, imo it's safe to say the DNA testing & analysis for that case was done in 1988 or before. That UK conviction pre-dated OJ's trial by six years.

"In 1987, genetic fingerprinting was used in a US criminal court for the first time in the trial of a man accused of unlawful intercourse with a mentally handicapped 14-year-old female who gave birth to a baby."***

Also: HISTORY AND SCIENCE OF FORENSIC DNA TESTING BY: Paul Couenhoven
http://www.sdap.org/downloads/research/criminal/pc15.pdf
*** DNA profiling - Wikipedia.

Refers to: Joseph Wambaugh, The Blooding (New York, New York: A Perigord Press Book, 1989), 316.
Thanks. I didn’t know this. In OJ’s case I was specifically thinking of the dna provided by blood evidence, not fingerprints. But even so, I could be wrong about who or what came first. That was always what I had read.

Thanks. I didn’t know this. In OJ’s case I was specifically thinking of the dna provided by blood evidence, not fingerprints. But even so, I could be wrong about who or what came first. That was always what I had read.
That case hinged on a botched chain of custody of evidence.
It does bother me yhat the deputies pulled the bike up the embankment.
They were called for a missing woman, not a missing bike. It is was unprofessional.

That case hinged on a botched chain of custody of evidence.
It does bother me yhat the deputies pulled the bike up the embankment.
They were called for a missing woman, not a missing bike. It is was unprofessional.
RBBM
But Boxer we only have BM’s word that “10 people touched the bike/LE messed up all the evidence”. He claims his buddy told him that, but LE has never commented/confirmed finding a bike, let alone that 10 Deputies pulled a bike up an embankment. Why was his friend even there?? Did BM call him and order him to the scene? If so, why?? BM knew 911 had already been called/dispatched as he’d asked his neighbor to do, so was it cuz he wanted his friend to show up to make sure the LE were doing their jobs, or...something?
Reminds me of BM in the TD encounter, “let me show you what happened....”. Huh?
He wasn’t even there, so how does he know what happened? :rolleyes:

I wonder if BM tried calling Suzanne on his way home from Broomfield. I’d think he’d be frantically trying to get in touch with the love of his life who’d just been reported missing. It would be interesting to find out if after he received the emergency phone call, his phone records show multiple calls to Suzanne’s phone. If not, whoops......

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
RBBM
But Boxer we only have BM’s word that “10 people touched the bike/LE messed up all the evidence”. He claims his buddy told him that, but LE has never commented on finding the bike, let alone that 10 Deputies pulled the bike up the embankment. Why was his friend even there?? Did BM call him and order him to the scene? If so, why?? BM knew 911 had already been called/dispatched as he’d asked his neighbor to do, so did he want his friend to show up to make sure the LE were doing their jobs??? It reminds me of the BM quote in TD video, “let me show you what happened”..... huh?
He wasn’t even there so how does he know what happened? :rolleyes:

I wonder if BM tried calling Suzanne on his way home from Broomfield. I’d think he’d be frantically trying to get in touch with the love of his life who’d just been reported missing. It would be interesting to find out if his phone records show multiple calls to Suzanne’s phone after he got the family emergency call. If not, whoops......

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
I would bet he called Suzanne several times on his way home. He was obviously in cover up mode.
moo

RBBM
But Boxer we only have BM’s word that “10 people touched the bike/LE messed up all the evidence”.

I wonder if BM tried calling Suzanne on his way home from Broomfield. I’d think he’d be frantically trying to get in touch with the love of his life who’d just been reported missing. It would be interesting to find out if his phone records show multiple calls to Suzanne’s phone after he got the family emergency call. If not, whoops......

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

RSBM

As if Suzanne's bike (was it hers (?), or the one Barry recently purchased) and even if it was her known bike, I would think her cell phone a much more reliable source for her last known location. The bike wouldn't be the only evidence. Where is Barry expressing his worries/concerns over that topic?

I would bet he called Suzanne several times on his way home. He was obviously in cover up mode.
moo
Right. It’s just that sometimes people don’t think of everything/cover all bases and it’s been known to trip them up down the road. But you’re probably right, especially considering BM is allegedly a TC fan lol.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
RBBM
But Boxer we only have BM’s word that “10 people touched the bike/LE messed up all the evidence”. He claims his buddy told him that, but LE has never commented/confirmed finding a bike, let alone that 10 Deputies pulled a bike up an embankment. Why was his friend even there?? Did BM call him and order him to the scene? If so, why?? BM knew 911 had already been called/dispatched as he’d asked his neighbor to do, so was it cuz he wanted his friend to show up to make sure the LE were doing their jobs, or...something?
Reminds me of BM in the TD encounter, “let me show you what happened....”. Huh?
He wasn’t even there, so how does he know what happened? :rolleyes:

I wonder if BM tried calling Suzanne on his way home from Broomfield. I’d think he’d be frantically trying to get in touch with the love of his life who’d just been reported missing. It would be interesting to find out if after he received the emergency phone call, his phone records show multiple calls to Suzanne’s phone. If not, whoops......

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
You are right it's BMs observation on the bike. So no way to really know.

I think we are all still here, impatiently awaiting some type of movement, any type of movement. I am in just about every Suzanne Morphew group one can be in on FB, and every morning I go straight there (and here, of course) to check and see if there's anything new, even a tiny little bit of gossip. Anyone else doing that? It is so very frustrating.
no swedeheart just here...
thank you though for doing the hard lifting of enduring and wading through the weeds of social media x

Hmmm...

Maya’s family are freaking out about her disappearance. Vanessa’s family moved heaven and earth to find her!

How have Suzanne’s husband and daughters been reacting to Suzanne’s mysterious disappearance?
The politically correct answer would be - there is a wide range of normal reactions. In Suzanne's case, we got that reaction (move heaven & earth) from out of state family members. But those she lived with, did not even attend the vigil held for her in their own city o_O

May 10th and the one year anniversary are approaching. Will we hear from Suzanne's loved ones? Will they arrange a vigil to honor her and keep the media engaged?
I sure hope so!

According to MG, that happened last minute, on Sunday - not Saturday:

"The original plan for the Broomfield job – a retaining wall – included only Gentile and Barry, she said. We were originally supposed to go out there at the end of April, Gentile explained. She said, the plans changed, pushing the project to the first of May, then changed again to the weekend of May 10. Gentile said she was surprised when Barry called her asking her to assemble a crew for the job. Last minute he changed everything. In fact, he called me that Sunday – Mother’s Day – and was really frantic, really didn’t sound like himself, Gentile said. I hung up the phone and I thought he just had the worst night of his life. Still, Gentile agreed to pick up Jeffrey Puckett and head to Broomfield." ‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

Which really does beg the question why so last minute to notify MG and assemble a crew when he'd been planning it for at least a few days prior.
Unless, that wasn't the only thing he was planning for that weekend, but maybe gave himself an out by purposely not putting a crew together, in case he didn't go through with it?
Then once he did, knew he needed to pull together a crew real quick?

Entirely speculation of course.
The whole entirely-non-urgent-suddenly-5am-Mother's Day-urgent Broomfield job just screams "alibi".

jmo
Hmm... he was sitting outside of MG house talking with her on the phone at 4am on Sunday morning. MG assembled the crew. ‘Work talk’.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793