Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t help but think there’s something wrong with this story and there’s nothing to be found here.

Although I believe a person would have to be totally nuts to bury a body at a place associated with him, I know it’s happened in a Colombo episode, so never say never. But the searchers at the property are no longer looking for a body. They’re sifting for pieces of bone/sinew/whatever. Surely if something gruesome had been done to her body, those remains would have been sprinkled around the countryside hundreds of miles away, not mixed in with fill dirt where, just for instance, the concrete contractor could have seen or smelled something.

I’m very curious to see what evidence brought them here. It just makes no sense to me that a functioning member of society (as opposed to some sort of sociopathic lunatic) would have done it this way.

Well, it could have been a good idea. Assumed body wrapped in plastic or something. Bury deep the day/night before concrete pour. How bad would it smell?

Chances are if body is buried out in the forest, mountain, woods, etc., wildlife could get it out. Throw in the water and it could come to surface. There’s not too many places/methods that are 100% foolproof. And assuming the killer thought the bike ride story would sound legit, he probably didn’t think LE would even be looking at him.

Does anyone know who gets stuck with the bill to fix the landscaping/foundation etc. that’s being destroyed? Looks expensive. Just curious!

Maybe they can get the money from the g f m (w/barrys mom as beneficiary:rolleyes:)

In all seriousness, I don't believe LE covers those cost so most likely insurance/*advertiser censored* out of luck.

I can’t help but think there’s something wrong with this story and there’s nothing to be found here.

Although I believe a person would have to be totally nuts to bury a body at a place associated with him, I know it’s happened in a Colombo episode, so never say never. But the searchers at the property are no longer looking for a body. They’re sifting for pieces of bone/sinew/whatever. Surely if something gruesome had been done to her body, those remains would have been sprinkled around the countryside hundreds of miles away, not mixed in with fill dirt where, just for instance, the concrete contractor could have seen or smelled something.

I’m very curious to see what evidence brought them here. It just makes no sense to me that a functioning member of society (as opposed to some sort of sociopathic lunatic) would have done it this way.

2 recent CO cases - Chris Watts & Patrick Frazee both used their places of work/home to secret away bodies...

Yeah but, whose insurance?
If it’s new construction the builder carries the insurance (that’s how it was when I was building) but I’m wondering if they can Make a claim With the FBI? When I worked for government we would get claims all the time for damage done during investigations - which we paid for the most part/ would be interesting to do a post investigation interview IMO as this kind of stuff interests me.
One other point- this is reminding me of Gannons’ search - all that sifting - IMO there must be strong indication that something very important is in that dirt/concrete
JMO

I think it is pretty clear what LE is thinking. Looking for evidence in a place with connections to someone who knows Suzanne. Looking for video before the date she was reported missing. Even though it is MOO I think the bike was definitely staged.

When you look up the actual address of the property they are searching, google maps shows a house and another structure on it. From the current photos in the DM I don't see a house...just cement.

Right. An older model double wide modular home with an attached awning.
I'm not sure what that is in the yard by the decorative well.

When you look up the actual address of the property they are searching, google maps shows a house and another structure on it. From the current photos in the DM I don't see a house...just cement.
Is it a tear down and new build? That happens in my area as certain land has become incredibly expensive - normal houses torn down for mansions
JMO

Last edited:
Yeah that’s why I was wondering. If the homeowners had to file a claim & pay a deductible, that sucks for them. But then who else would pay? I just don’t know.
I wondered that myself last night.
I have fire, flood, other natural disasters, but I'm pretty sure my homeowners insurance doesn't cover claims for
"the local police suspect a human body was buried under your foundation and so they tore it apart in an effort to locate it".

I haven’t looked at all the pictures so forgive me if this is a stupid question but is it a finished house someone is living in or is it in the process of being built?

You may want to click on these two posts to see photos. Entire home under construction, only concrete laid so far. These posts are from the "Media Only Thread"

Search for missing Chaffee County woman focuses on residential property in Salida 9:24 PM MDT May 22, 2020

Article with video and drone shot of cut out concrete - all screen shots from link

View attachment 248166

and map of 10 miles from house, search area per article and video

View attachment 248167

and looks like the media has found a new vantage point for today

View attachment 248168

News4drone.JPG OnArkansasRiver.JPG

It seems odd to me BM was hired to do anything yet.
Late hubby used to work construction, and landscapers never did anything on site at this stage of the build.
It looks to me like the site was very recently leveled for the concrete foundation pour.
If memory serves, after the foundation is done framing lumber & tresses would be delivered next, drywall, siding, insulation, roofing, electricians, plumbers...
and a landscaper's part comes WAY after all of that.

Maybe they do things differently there.
Or maybe riverfront land is different?
I dunno, it just seems odd to me.

As posted above... he was hired to move dirt. To level a foundation near a river... makes perfect sense he came in with fill dirt to level for pouring of the foundation. That is their job MOO

Right. An older model double wide modular home with an attached awning.
I'm not sure what that is in the yard by the decorative well.
The owners of the property are in the process of building their dream home. It’s still under construction. Barry laid the dirt for the yard before the concrete was poured. Owners said they have known him three weeks. Now this is actually MSM. I’ve read so much let me see if I can find it. The way they are sifting the dirt, maybe they are looking for a weapon? Only a guess.

I see that Dixie girl1035 already covered this with the articles. Whew! I was going to delete. Don’t want today to Be a repeat of last night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members