Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heat my house with a wood burning fireplace insert that is the same set-up as theirs and I am pretty sure that you aren't going to be burning a human body in it. Just the dimensions of the stove itself makes it pretty unlikely not to mention you would need a really really hot fire to perform such a feat. Not totally impossible but not an easy task.
Most of us know how PF did it to KB ... and to my knowledge not one tiny fragment was ever found - so there is a way to do it, but WHERE could he do it, is my question?

Regarding the FB page for SM,
If the family or atleast some of them also suspect BM
which IMO is more than likely considering what we can see happening with the searches ect,
and I'm sure the family know a lot more than we do right now such as BM's whereabouts around her dissapearance, when SM was last actually seen and I'm guessing many more facts we are not yet privvy too.
If this is the case it would be awfully difficult to update the FB page, asking for the publics help or even a general update!!
The silence here speaks volumes MOO
I agree about the silence. I still can't get past the fact that the police acted so quickly after a call saying someone is missing at 5:45 pm. No 24 hr wait time for a missing person, no description etc. They found or heard something upsetting enough to get multiple agencies involved immediately.

Welcome to Websleuths Water12567!

I’ve been rolling a similar scenario around in my head. But I have also been binge watching the Ozarks. So there’s that.
Yep. That show pretty much fits. :)

there are a lot of pieces that could point to that direction though. Family all staying quiet. And LE staying quiet for the most part. Maybe could mean that there is a bigger story out there

QUOTE="303gmf, post: 16095184, member: 239868"]While looking into friend named in msm where BM is staying for now...looks like it’s off 240 in Maysville

Interesting. Could it be that they are securing that road in case someone tries to leave the area ? MOO[/QUOTE]

As the old adage goes, actions speak louder than words!

Part of your comment BBM. In spite of your great map, I'm still having trouble visualizing everything you've described. Are you saying in the bolded area in your comment that the 3d bridge is in a ravine and would be near the end of a bike ride that could have begun at a higher altitude on the trail? Is it possible that SM was not separated from her bike at the bridge but was separated from her bike much higher up the trail? If that's so... then couldn't SM have been separated from her bike way up on that trail and somebody other than SM rode the bike down to the bridge and left it there? If the bike was found under the bridge or even just placed on the bridge... that might explain why the bike was found there... as someone might have wanted to leave the area immediately if they had attacked SM before taking her bike from her and did not want to be seen riding her bike.
I suspect that where the bike was found was within feet of the road, whether it was abandoned after abduction or planted. MOO either way someone would have been in a hurry, needing to leave asap.

Buuuut.... we don't know the time frame. Coulda been a "long" time, who knows?
And how many times have I heard about the terrible cell reception in that area? (Lauren Scharf just mentioned it in her last video.)
One thing I’ve learned from living in BFE myself is that I can always send TEXTS but I can’t make calls or FT ... so my family texts me rather than call. If I know a call is coming I often have to go outside to receive it. So I’m going to assume that this is what actually set off the major alarm ... girls planned a FT with Mom for Mothers Day and she didn’t respond. She could have been “missing” since daughters left on trip, with someone else texting for her. MOO and not really opinions but rather speculations.

Part of your comment BBM. In spite of your great map, I'm still having trouble visualizing everything you've described. Are you saying in the bolded area in your comment that the 3d bridge is in a ravine and would be near the end of a bike ride that could have begun at a higher altitude on the trail? Is it possible that SM was not separated from her bike at the bridge but was separated from her bike much higher up the trail? If that's so... then couldn't SM have been separated from her bike way up on that trail and somebody other than SM rode the bike down to the bridge and left it there? If the bike was found under the bridge or even just placed on the bridge... that might explain why the bike was found there... as someone might have wanted to leave the area immediately if they had attacked SM before taking her bike from her and did not want to be seen riding her bike.

I am saying that if the bike was found at, under or beside the Fooses Lake Bridge, the logical conclusion would be that she was separated from her bike there, on a return descent from the top of Monarch Pass toward her own house. It is highly unlikely that staging would have taken place there.
One example might be that she was descending at high speed, came around the bend and at first sight of the bridge saw that it was blocked by a person, took the only high speed escape route to the right of the bridge, slammed on her brakes so hard that they locked, throwing her forward and rendering her incapable of defending herself. Backing that imaginary vision up to start, we have heard that a biker called LE to report a car parked on CR 225 with a man in it, who looked suspicious. CR225 is entirely below Fooses Lake Dam, so It would have been possible to observe SM starting her bike ride from that road, but not possible to observe her descending to Fooses Lake Bridge from CR 225. In plain English, the could have seen her going up, and waited for her to come down at the one bottleneck where she could be stopped.
Did it happen that way? I don't know.
IMO

I agree about the silence. I still can't get past the fact that the police acted so quickly after a call saying someone is missing at 5:45 pm. No 24 hr wait time for a missing person, no description etc. They found or heard something upsetting enough to get multiple agencies involved immediately.

Infrequent poster here, but following along...I agree about the fast action of the police, and am wondering if it is typical for the FBI to be as involved as they seem to be. It seems like there is much more than meets the eye going on here.

Construction companies have incinerators. Could he have access to one through his construction contacts? We had a person missing case in our hometown (never found). The cops put 2 sheep into the husband's construction company's incinerator to see if there would be any evidence left afterwards. No evidence remained. ps: She was conducting a long term affair. Her lover was recently arrested more than forty years after she and her 3 yr old son went missing. The 3 yr old was the son of the lover.

Two live sheep? I hope they were already dead from something else. That’s so cruel. But that’s a good point and I wonder if his company/business has that kind of big, expensive equipment? Woodchippers, incinerators and such. Is it that big of a business? Surely LE has or is checking that out. I wonder where the home base is for his business. I don’t know why I was assuming it was just a small business run out of his home. But that is a very expensive house so maybe it’s much bigger and more successful than that. Do we know a name for his landscaping or construction business so that we could look up the location? Forgive me if this has already been played out. I’m just catching up. Good morning from the South! Have they started digging yet today???

IMO, the 24 hour wait period before LE will start an investigation into a missing person is a myth. I guess some departments might make it a policy but don’t believe many do. While it’s true that many people who are reported missing show up within 24 hours and there was miscommunication, all is good. Family might be told this by LE.

The myth about the 24 hour waiting period is a big one and has prevented some from reporting their loved one missing until that countdown is over. IMO

My point, if ever told that, push back.

That sentence struck me as odd too. "too soon" for what? For the dirt to settle, for the money to be available, for the body to float away, for the concrete to harden...jmo
I agree! But, I’m not sure money is an issue or body would have been more easily recovered, wouldn’t it? And recovery is dangerous in that it might reveal evidence and convict you. Isn’t 7 years the required time for DC of missing person?

:eek:
Two live sheep? I hope they were already dead from something else. That’s so cruel. But that’s a good point and I wonder if his company/business has that kind of big, expensive equipment? Woodchippers, incinerators and such. Is it that big of a business? Surely LE has or is checking that out. I wonder where the home base is for his business. I don’t know why I was assuming it was just a small business run out of his home. But that is a very expensive house so maybe it’s much bigger and more successful than that. Do we know a name for his landscaping or construction business so that we could look up the location? Forgive me if this has already been played out. I’m just catching up. Good morning from the South! Have they started digging yet today???
This made me think of the Netflix series “Ozark” ... :eek:

Yep. That show pretty much fits. :)

there are a lot of pieces that could point to that direction though. Family all staying quiet. And LE staying quiet for the most part. Maybe could mean that there is a bigger story out there
Welcome to Websleuths . You seem to have the prerequisite, an inquiring mind.

Most of us know how PF did it to KB ... and to my knowledge not one tiny fragment was ever found - so there is a way to do it, but WHERE could he do it, is my question?
MOO
With all the excavation equipment a dirt moving business would have, it wouldn't be unfathomable that someone could dig a pit very quickly, ignite a body with accelerants and probably have not much left by noon the next day. The family home is on 7-8 acres so no real close neighbors and the pit in the ground would help to hide flames. The accelerant would make it burn hot and fast ala Frazee.

Because they're sifting the dirt at the search site, this leads me to think LE believes her body
was either shredded or burned and only small pieces remain to be found.

There's a body detection method used to find
human remains even if under concrete. Initially they just have to drill a small hole through concrete, insert a probe that captures
gas emitted from remains and a lab can then detect any nitrogen type gasses from body parts under concrete. Reports say it's more accurate than cadaver dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member