Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, there was a lot of discussions about that word “reportedly.”

There was, and I believe it was reported to the neighbor, by SM's daughter(s) that she might have been out on a bike ride.
And that's what the neighbor reported to 911.
I mean, since no one actually saw her, there's really no where else that information could have come from.
There was a convo between the daughters and the neighbor, then the neighbor called 911.

jmo

Is that photo from yesterday? I’m curious how much they dug up today.

Sorry, yes, it was from yesterday’s article. Hopefully someone has a more recent photo (today) from MSM.

ETA from this report:

6797800B-5D38-469C-B192-3799C0AA9241.jpeg

https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/missing-woman-salida-search-ends-suzanne-morphew-colorado/73-a7a44cc7-1dd2-4b88-9c9c-3cc7c45bd316

Last edited:
Is that photo from yesterday? I’m curious how much they dug up today.
Search For Suzanne Morphew In Salida Concludes With No New Clues
The only photo I found and it doesn’t look much different from the one on the 23rd ... maybe a few more vehicles out front. It appears they remained in that one spot unless this reporter just used a photo from the 23rd. Odd isn’t it they never broke up concrete anywhere else - as if they were certain that only that one spot needed to be searched.

Attachments

• 5847A0C3-B755-4B0B-90F7-A423EBEC7DBE.jpeg
    5847A0C3-B755-4B0B-90F7-A423EBEC7DBE.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 62
THIS!!! Yes, this is not his first rodeo. LE is doing things the way they are doing them for a reason....We may not know the reason yet, but we should NOT accuse them of incompetence... We do not know what they know!

Agree! This comes up in most cases I follow -- there's usually a phase when frustrated case followers lash out, insisting LE doesn't really know what they're doing, and LE and the FBI are doing it all wrong. Perhaps some think investigators should be taking direction from armchair sleuths. But whatever it is, it seems to be fairly common to see an escalation of anger at LE for not keeping case followers up to date with all the details and not solving the case within several days or within a few weeks. If only life were as simple as an episode of CSI that's solved in 42 min, not counting commercials.

The source of the story that SM went for a bike ride originated with the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. This is the wording of the original press bulletin for this case, dated May 11, 2020:
"On May 10, 2020 at 1746 hours the Chaffee County Communications Center received a report of a missing female in the area on County Road 225 and West Highway 50.
Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home."
Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

I find this statement that the story originated with the Chaffee CSO misleading. To be clear, the CCSO in-fact reported what the reporting party claimed when she contacted the communications center.

I recall when others were stating how El Paso CSO said GS was a runaway and LE also had to make it clear that it was the reporting party that said GS was a runaway.

MOO

ETA: Add May 12, 2020 Newslink

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned, sparking a search involving more than 100 emergency personnel.

The Chaffee County Communications Center received a report on Sunday at 5:46 p.m. regarding a missing woman in the area of County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and talked with the person who had reported the woman missing. The person said a neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, 49, from the Maysville area, had gone for a bike ride in the area and hadn’t returned, according to the sheriff’s office. Maysville is about 3.2 miles east of County Road 225 along West Highway 50.

Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Last edited:
This photo of the search site was tweeted 4 hours ago by 9News.

Marc Sallinger on Twitter
Yeah so they tore the entire back of that foundation up it looks like. I can’t even imagine how frustrating it is for LE. If they don’t already have anything I’d be really surprised if they don’t tear up the rest. This is all so sad. I pray they have some answers. As much as it drives us crazy not knowing they sure are doing a great job keeping stuff under wraps.

Marc Sallinger‏Verified account @MarcSallinger
NEW: After 3 days of searching for Suzanne Morphew at this property outside Salida, @CBI_Colorado says the missing woman has NOT been found. The search at this location has concluded without any connection made to the case. There are no searches planned for Monday #9News

EY0TN3hWoAUBWll.jpg

3:42 PM - 24 May 2020

Lauren Scharf‏Verified account @LaurenScharfTV
UPDATE: The 3-day search ended at the property on the east side of Salida. Law enforcement say they were unable to make any connection to #MissingPerson #suzannemorphew case. More details about the search are not being disclosed at this time. @FOX21News Tipline: (719)312-7530

EY0KOhNU0AAFNfq.jpg

3:03 PM - 24 May 2020

Do we know when was the last time anyone spoke to or texted with her? Ie do we know she wasn't already gone the night before?

When did husband leave for Denver? He was at firefighters' training on the weekend?
Nope.... We do not know anything.......For real, nothing..... Strange case, but still very interesting......moo

There was, and I believe it was reported to the neighbor, by SM's daughter(s) that she might have been out on a bike ride.
I mean, since no one actually saw her, there's really no where else that information could have come from.
There was a convo between the daughters and the neighbor, then the neighbor called 911.

jmo
I would ask, how did the daughter know that SM went on a bike ride? Did they contact another family member that suggested or “planted” the idea that she may have gone on a bike ride or did SM religiously go on a bike ride every Sunday morning and the girls just assumed that’s where she would have gone?

If I were a betting gal, I know where I’d put my money.
ed:sp

Last edited:
So much of this discussion is just rumor. Rumors come from whispers, and maybe some things that people were privy to, but LE has said almost nothing.
Missing person, “reportedly” did not return from a bike ride. Neighbor made the call. Personal item recovered. Home was “held”, then search warrant was issued for home. A construction site was excavated looking for Suzanne. Those are just about the only true facts.

jmo

It does sound like the neighbor relayed information from the daughter that Suzanne disappeared during a bike ride.

No one could reach her on May 10 and no one saw her cycling. Why would anyone assume that she disappeared cycling without checking the house? Maybe she fell down the stairs. Maybe she went for a walk. Is it known that she didn't leave the house on foot? How was that known?

It was convenient that her bicycle and another personal item were found near the house, but that doesn't explain why it was known in advance that she disappeared while cycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields