Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the person would have to first be named by LE, before anyone can clear them.

Not necessarily. LE may have suspicions, investigate behind the scenes, rule out the individual’s involvement and move on in their investigation. They could feasibly clear someone not officially named as a POI or suspect. Hypothetically speaking.

Where’d they get the money to buy a $1.5 million home? You need to put 20% down these days and they bought this house before selling their old one, right?

These are rhetorical questions since I know we can’t research the family but I’m scratching my head. And I know people live beyond their means but you still need $300k cash for a down payment.

Could you maybe pull that off with $300k equity in the previous home?

Finances have gotta be tricky right now, however they did it. Construction has ground to a halt (at least 'til recently) or at least the weather hasn't been summer-y enough yet to do a whole lot of landscaping. Then there's a move and starting all over again with your business. Gosh knows what the state of the real estate market is, and people are shifting ideas about what they need in a house; e.g. private spaces have suddenly become more of a thing than "open concept." The stock market tanked for a while, and investors must have been getting margin calls up the ying yang... All of these items could be factors in this case.

Where’d they get the money to buy a $1.5 million home? You need to put 20% down these days and they bought this house before selling their old one, right?

These are rhetorical questions since I know we can’t research the family but I’m scratching my head. And I know people live beyond their means but you still need $300k cash for a down payment.

Inheritance?

I didn’t even think about her ring, even though it has been glaring at me from every photo! Good point. If that ring is found, it will be very telling. IMO JMO MOO
That has been on my mind since the start, whomever harmed,kidnapped or murderd her would not leave that ring behind if in fact she is deceased. If it shows up that will be a big red flag, because she appears in most pics to have it on.

BBM:

Like Solomon, I'm going to split the difference here.
Wait...he split the kid, not the difference, didn't he?
Well, anyway. You get the point.

The fact that LE dug up a property SM's husband worked on might not say everything.

But it says a lot.

A whole lot.

JMO.
Agreed.
I'm very interested in what led LE there.
Doubtful it was a disgruntled employee or close friend.

A large amount of damage for what reason ?
My initial thought was HRD dogs.
Not going to discount that avenue just yet.

I also want to know what LE found at that house.
It looked like items were being carried out.

If there's a confession; my guess is that it could be the employee or close friend.
Because the perp will never confess; imo.

Last edited:
No. A reporter covering this case did a Facebook Live last night. She said that she thought they must have known something early on that caused them to act the way they did. She thought they might have found something in the house that told them she wasn’t abducted.

That's a bit silly, isn't it? Someone saw something on Facebook and then broadcast that someone made investigators "act the way they did" and call S&R to find a missing cyclist?

Maybe not. Maybe the big question is why the family assumed that Suzanne vanished during a short cycling trip rather than she fell down the stairs, or tumbled down a ravine during a hike. Falling down the stairs dizzy spell seems more likely for a cancer survivor, not marathon cycling.

BBM:

The financial picture has always been of great interest to me, because I think it's highly relevant to this case.

I'm convinced monetary/financial motives lie at the root of SM's disappearance.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

JMO.

It’s also strange because they moved to a new state. Starting a new business. It’s harder to get a mortgage in that situation. How do you know your new business in your new state is going to do well enough to support your new mortgage? I’d understand more if they moved for a salaried job - you know what you’re making. But this seems weird?

Maybe they have family money so this is all moot!

Please correct me if I am wrong. Have police ever mentioned that there may be someone in the area abducting women? If not, why not?
"Asked if he was concerned about the possibility that Suzanne was abducted, Bertram said, “I think the family thinks that’s what happened to her.”"

Bertram says he has not spoken directly with BM, but that he has spoken with firefighters who have spoken with BM.

So it seems clear to me where the abduction theory may have originated, IMO.

‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

Barry should have some proof that he was actually in Denver. Receipts for incidentals such as gas, hotel, food etc. LE would have been able to trace all this within days of SM first missing. What is Barry’s phone showing?

It’s also strange because they moved to a new state. Starting a new business. It’s harder to get a mortgage in that situation. How do you know your new business in your new state is going to do well enough to support your new mortgage? I’d understand more if they moved for a salaried job - you know what you’re making. But this seems weird?

I know a 50s something couple who struggled to buy a shabby house, and did not bring in much as far as salary, then his father died. They then bought a 900K place.

That's a bit silly, isn't it? Someone saw something on Facebook and then broadcast that someone made investigators "act the way they did" and call S&R to find a missing cyclist?

Maybe not. Maybe the big question is why the family assumed that Suzanne vanished during a short cycling trip rather than she fell down the stairs, or tumbled down a ravine during a hike. Falling down the stairs dizzy spell seems more likely for a cancer survivor, not marathon cycling.
This reporter said she had covered a lot of missing person’s cases, but this wasn’t following the usual patterns. She had a long list of things that she took as signs that they didn’t think she had been abducted. She’s covering the case, she didn’t get this from Facebook.

MOO
List of what we know definitively:
Suzanne Morphew is missing
Suzanne is married although she referred to as Ms. Morphew in all PR by the Chaffee County Sheriff
Suzanne has two daughters
A 911 call was placed by JR (a neighbor) reporting her missing after “checking” on her. Reported May 10th at 5:46 p.m.
Bike was found
personal item or item(s) located in an undisclosed location

@BoatyMcboatface is the best username I’ve read thus far.
What we do not know for sure:
Everything else
According to DM map the personal item was found at 225/50 which is turnoff to road that leads to her house.

Attachments

• 0A47B0EC-F267-4363-BBA8-02F1A5425209.jpeg
    0A47B0EC-F267-4363-BBA8-02F1A5425209.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 60

I think you misunderstood. The reporter did a live video ON Facebook. She did not report info FROM a Fakebook video :)

Not sure it’s the same in the US, but here in Canada any member of the public can do a title search on a property at the Land Registry Office, identifying the owner and also the mortgage holder and the mortgage amount and any line of credit that is secured on the property. $20 CDN :)

ETA: And, you can also do a Personal Property search which will tell you if there’s a lien against a car and other registered liens.

I haven't seen that information from the owner.

However on Friday, one of the media stations was filming live on facebook near the search site. The mic was live, and there was discussion going on about a neighbor who stated BM was at the job site on Mother's Day weekend.

That's how I remember it, I think there were others here who heard the same thing.
You’re right. I added this to my post. It was on the hot mic convo.

Barry should have some proof that he was actually in Denver. Receipts for incidentals such as gas, hotel, food etc. LE would have been able to trace all this within days of SM first missing. What is Barry’s phone showing?
I don’t think we even have reliable confirmation he’s told anyone he was in Denver/at training.

I have read two different things regarding husband being out of town. Was he gone because of fire fighting conference or because of landscaping business? Have not seen much information on conflicting alibi.

There seems to be confusion in the media about where he was. Even in the same article - clips below. Probably just sloppy reporting. I’m sure someone knows where BM was. Well, at least BM would know. o_O

“Barry, 52, was not home the day Suzanne disappeared and relatives said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver.”

“Bertam says that there was no training the weekend Suzanne went missing and believes Barry had been in Denver for a landscaping job.”

Husband of Suzanne Morphew is having a 'difficult time' as diggers continue construction site search | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100