Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting the thread discussion but this is critical.
Because of COVID-19 Websleuths ad revenue was cut almost by two thirds.
If at all possible if you can afford to donate to help keep Websleuths up and running I would greatly appreciate it.
Let me stress that in no way do I want anyone to donate one penny unless they can truly afford to do so.
Because of the generosity of members so far we have been able to meet due dates and keep the forum from going dark. However, once again it has reached a critical point where we have to turn to our members to make sure Websleuths does not go dark.
Please CLICK THIS PAYPAL LINK to make a donation.
If you do not want to use PayPal you can click here and join our Patreon channel.
If you would rather use another way please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com and let me know.
Please do not discuss fund raising on this thread. Continue discussing Suzanne's case. If you would like to say something about the fundraising please go to this thread.
Websleuths Needs Your Help To Stay Up and Running
Thank you so very much.
Tricia Griffith.

Last edited by a moderator:
What possible reasons might LE/anyone have not to include her on these lists?
Typically are these lists updated at the beginning of all investigations or used more often when active investigations go cold?
TIA

She likely isn't there because it's not an FBI case, they're just assisting with the ERT team.
Just a guess, of course.

Well alrighty then.

Eta : The bike was found on the bridge ?
Because under the bridge is where the gnomes are.... but I digress. ;)

As far as the general public being in danger, it's highly probable that the sheriff would have warned the general public.

The fact that no warning and no description leads us to think that LE have a good idea of the "who", and maybe the "why", but not the "where".

So we wait and that's difficult.

Has to be so traumatic for her daughters.
:(
It's good that Suzanne's family said they're safe and apart from BM as this investigation is continuing and no one knows what is going to happen.

Imo -- I wonder if there was any life insurance on Suzanne ?

And if she's never found and no answers are forthcoming (hopefully not !), will the insurance cover the house and any outstanding debt ?
For some reason my mind keeps going back to financial issues.
As if a clue can be discovered there.
MOO
Gannon...
As always, follow the money! Moo the money flows thru SM, unless there is big insurance policy. JMO...

Nobody has been able to answer questions about any significant income from BM, or did I miss that?

I am certainly glad things turned out well for you and that you are here to help. Thank you for sharing something so personal for the benefit of elucidating us on the possible DV situation. You’re right, you never know.

Thanks for enlightening me!
You're welcome! Just a general comment...when I was in graduate school, I had a required epidemiology class. The state veterinarian gave a presentation to our class about zoonotic diseases, etc., and I'll never forget a fact she mentioned. When asked, most people would assume that the animal responsible for the most human deaths and injuries would be a bear, or maybe a snake. However, wildlife attacks are not that common, even out here in the Western U.S...statistics show that the most dangerous animal is a horse, followed by a cow.

You're welcome! Just a general comment...when I was in graduate school, I had a required epidemiology class. The state veterinarian gave a presentation to our class about zoonotic diseases, etc., and I'll never forget a fact she mentioned. When asked, most people would assume that the animal responsible for the most human deaths and injuries would be a bear, or maybe a snake. However, wildlife attacks are not that common, even out here in the Western U.S...statistics show that the most dangerous animal is a horse, followed by a cow.
Who knew?
MOO

I learn so many facinating facts on Websleuths !

Yes, LE has probably requested no interviews with the media. But also, going to media to talk isn't everyone's thing. Here in Canada, people rarely do it, except those who are really starved for attention. It's not that people don't care about their loved one, in fact the opposite. The media feeds off these cases for the ratings, IMO, not to mention the insanity of sm (websleuths excepted of course).
I can understand that but what about having a family spokesperson? Let us see Suzanne as a real person who is loved and needs to be found. Maybe someone who has hesitated to speak out would speak out if they saw family expressing their concerns and fear about her being missing. If cases are not kept in the public eye, people forget. JMO. Sorry I got carried away.

Welcome to the forum....moo
Welcome! I am sorry you have a connection to this case as well as the Delphi murders. I follow that case and so truly believe that justice will prevail for those young girls! I also hope that the family of Suzanne Morphew may find peace as well! Facts are still being gathered and seem to be in short supply! May this site continue to help gather facts and not rumors to bring this family peace.

On May 19 the spokeswoman for CBI won’t confirm the bike has been found.
On May 19, Susan Medina, spokeswoman with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, told Denver7 that they could not confirm that the Morphew’s house was being searched, but said it is being held as part of the active investigation. The search warrant has been sealed by the court. Medina also said that despite online rumors, authorities are not confirming if Morphew's bicycle has been found or not.

CBI says home of Suzanne Morphew released back to family

And yet...

"CrimeOnline has viewed a message that was sent to members of the Morphew’s former church in Indiana, requesting prayers following the news of her disappearance. The message notes that Morphew’s bike was found “crashed,” and mentions that a mountain lion had been seen in the area where the bike was discovered. “Barry is just beside himself and so are the rest of us because they can’t find her,” the message, sent on May 11, reads in part." ‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

CCSO saying "no comment" essentially, and mystery message sender saying something alltogether different.
I'd sure love to know who sent that message, and how they knew the condition of the bike.

What do we know about Suzanne?

Height?
Weight?
Hair color/length?
Current picture?
Health issues?
Quarantine life?
Bike description/picture?
Usual bike route?
Favorite trail?
Clothing?
Other activities she enjoyed/participated?

I haven’t seen any of the above.
How do you look for someone (or pound the keyboard) when you don’t know who you’re looking for?
JMO

Height?
Weight?
Hair color/length?
Current picture?
Health issues?
Quarantine life?
Usual bike route?
Favorite trail?
Clothing?

How do you look for someone (or pound the keyboard) when you don’t know who you’re looking for?
JMO

You don't, and that's the way they (CCSO) want it.
For reasons they're also not sharing.

Height?
Weight?
Hair color/length?
Current picture?
Health issues?
Quarantine life?
Usual bike route?
Favorite trail?
Clothing?

JMO
You can't.

Height?
Weight?
Hair color/length?
Current picture?
Health issues?
Quarantine life?
Usual bike route?
Favorite trail?
Clothing?

JMO
Sadly your post reminds me that sometimes victims are invisible in more ways than one. We will not let let this rest regardless! IMO

I guess what I'm saying, in this case, is if it turns out like it seems, there will be a buddy, somewhere, who will paint a picture that no one else wanted to see.

Not all domestic murderers are miserable in their marriage. There’s another, possibly more common scenario where the man kills the woman who is trying to leave him.

Interesting. I’ve been thinking all day, just how often do women in their 50’s get abducted? murdered? I know there have been “abduction” scenarios suggested but is it even realistic statistic-wise to consider that a 50 year old would get abducted? SM was an exceptionally beautiful woman but what’s the likelihood that a predator took a 50 year old? Isn’t it more likely than a 50 year gets murdered by someone they know? Just wondering what y’all think?

IMO, predators abduct and assault women of all ages. I don’t think any correlations or inferences can be made by the victim’s age, but perhaps there are studies on this which say otherwise.

ETA: I’ve seen enough home invasions and rapes of seniors to know this, sadly.

Last edited:

Height?
Weight?
Hair color/length?
Current picture?
Health issues?
Quarantine life?
Usual bike route?
Favorite trail?
Clothing?

JMO

If LE believed she is alive and missing, her clothing description would be really important. Hikers might find a shoe, a glove, a helmet. These should be relatively easy for the family to describe.

The fact that LE isn’t putting out these details seems bleak....

Hey Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting the thread discussion but this is critical.
Because of COVID-19 Websleuths ad revenue was cut almost by two thirds.
If at all possible if you can afford to donate to help keep Websleuths up and running I would greatly appreciate it.
Let me stress that in no way do I want anyone to donate one penny unless they can truly afford to do so.
Because of the generosity of members so far we have been able to meet due dates and keep the forum from going dark. However, once again it has reached a critical point where we have to turn to our members to make sure Websleuths does not go dark.
Please CLICK THIS PAYPAL LINK to make a donation.
If you do not want to use PayPal you can click here and join our Patreon channel.
If you would rather use another way please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com and let me know.
Please do not discuss fund raising on this thread. Continue discussing Suzanne's case. If you would like to say something about the fundraising please go to this thread.
Websleuths Needs Your Help To Stay Up and Running
Thank you so very much.
Tricia Griffith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads