Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been a "no body" case with no physical evidence and a "wild goose chase" search? What if the perp thought all of this out - disposed of body so that it will never be found, and left no physical evidence - and then "acted guilty," by doing things like working with dirt and cement at the time the victim disappeared? Can you imagine what a defense attorney would do with that?

BBM:

I'm not even close to having reached the "tearing my hair out" stage yet…it's still early days in the investigation.

If we find ourselves here a month from now without SM having been located, though, I'll be sporting this look:

6310.gif

My biggest concern is that this may very well end up being a no-body case.

Even if it does, though, no-body cases can be prosecuted.
And not just prosecuted, but won.
And not just won, but won in overwhelming fashion.

"No body, no crime" is a fallacy.

Just ask DA Dan May.

(I was going to say, "Ask Frazee," but he's actually too stupid to realize that, the fact that he was sentenced to LWOP + 156 years, notwithstanding).

JMO.

Ask Fotis, too. Oh wait, we can't!

It took a year and a half to find Cheryl Coker.

Sandra Crispo and Abbie Flynn are missing without a trace.

Yes, I am ready to pull my hair out. Especially since BM is a landscaper and like Patrick and Fotis, has means to make those poor women disappear forever, without a trace of their bodies. Sick jerks.

At least with Fotis, you knew for sure from the get-go. If the chickens do come home to roost, I’ve already picked out what photo they should run of their POI. It just struck me.

I don’t think it’s ever been HOT... I’m still waiting for that ...
I think it’s been red hot since day one. State and federal law enforcement arrived almost immediately, and they appear laser focused on both a scenario and suspect.

The quieter law enforcement is, the less help they typically need. If we saw daily press conferences, and civilian searches directed by law enforcement, then I definitely wouldn’t feel that way.

I’m seeing exactly what I hope to see.

More random thoughts.

What someone was wearing when they disappeared (in addition to their physical description of course) is important for the public to know if they're to know if they might have seen the person. Sometimes knowing what they were wearing jogs a memory. "I remember seeing someone fitting that description!" or "I saw a woman on a bike, but they were weren't dressed anything like the description." "I saw someone like that, but she was with two big burly men who said they were taking her to the hospital." I think I'm stuck in a rut here. :/

If it's an accurate statement that the girls are 'under protection' - it again might point towards someone with a beef with BM who took SM. The girls could be at risk from that person, too. That brings me back to what the neighbor saw or what LE discovered that prompted them to call in the FBI and why BM made a plea to someone who may have his wife.

I can't see them needing protection from their father now unless he's been determined to be a danger to them. A family annihilator would have just killed his wife and not covered it up, then waited for his children to come and kill them, too. Or, maybe he had plans to travel to the children and kill them where they live. I don't believe all that, just explaining that I don't believe they would need protecting from their father. OTOH, if a mother discovered evidence of sexual abuse of her children and confronted the abuser...the girls might need protection from whoever the abuser is.

Although, none of that would explain the theory of her going on a ride unless it was just that the girls assumed she did because it was SM's habit on Sunday mornings and that story expanded. LE has neither confirmed or denied involvement of a bicycle.

Who has access to release pictures to LE, for posters, etc....?

The family, right?

Who didn't want any recent pictures released....?

Who wanted SM to look how she 'used to'...?

JMO
Maybe there aren't any "recent" photos. If speculation about cancer treatments and its implications are accurate (not saying this is the truth, just bringing up a reasonable possibility), it wouldn't necessarily be unreasonable that there aren't recent photos.

I am not exactly on Team BM, and I do know that, statistically speaking, if SM was killed he would likely be implicated. But would LE's actions have been much different if, for example, someone who knows BM (for example, someone who helped with jobs) knew BM was going to be out of town on Mother's Day and perhaps killed SM at the house that weekend, leaving some subtle evidence of a crime but no body and perhaps staging the personal items? Is there anything in the thin file of evidence that we have that would exclude this possibility? The whole scene last weekend when they dug up the cement might be hard to explain, but if they suspected someone involved with the job (besides BM), maybe?

Not that I think this is what likely happened at all, but just trying to think outside the box a little. I greatly respect the tight-lipped investigation that LE is conducting here.

JMO.

This might seem like a stupid question so forgive me. Does anyone know who actually takes the photos for the Daily Mail? Does the reporters take them or are can they be taken and submitted by anyone? I realize this post seems O/T but there are 2 particular photos of BM in a DM article and I would be very curious to see where those photos came from. They are not from any social media accounts. They are from after the search starting.

FWIW, with some things I personally researched and see with my own eyes, I very well think SM had a personal stalker who was obsessed with her and madly in love. ETA: MOO / IMO
The Daily Mail's hallmark is having lots of photos with all of their stories. I assume most of their photos are purchased.

On their website they advertise "We will Pay" for photos and video's. I take this as an appeal for professional photos as well as amateurs. They have also been known to pay for interviews and/or exclusives.

Your thoughts on SM having an unstable admirer or stalker are interesting.

I would also add to that thought, that BM might have had an unstable admirer and SM was in the way.

After eight threads, I am getting dizzy from going around in circles.

Last edited:
True emergency suits but at first the go fund me was for the volunteers that where searching for suzanne. So it still makes me wonder. Imo

But were any volunteers ever organized and did they actually search? I wonder how such websites account for the expenditure of any monies collected.

At any rate, there were 90-100 searchers organized by the Sheriff, most of them trained and some of them volunteers. No need for the family to pay for that.

If they now think it's an abduction...not sure how the fund is supposed to help with that.

Part of the answer would be the spot where the bike was found (if in fact the bike has been found). Bike tire prints, Suzanne's foot prints, actors foot prints, drag marks and tire prints. If that was all found and documented, if I were the actor, I would be very worried. Vehicle tire prints, bike tire prints and foot prints have something in common, "accidental indicators" that can tie the prints directly to a particular person, bike or vehicle as accurately as finger prints or DNA. These have been the downfall of many an actor who thought they were slick and had pulled off the perfect crime.
Thus why LE was able to make a statement that they do not believe an animal attack was involved. IMO

That is what I have also been looking for, recent photos. Curious. IMO
I keep wondering WHY don’t we have ANY details about SM?? Are there posters being placed around town??? Besides what she was wearing, what about height, weight, identifying birthmarks, etc ...
IF home security/video was working “what she was wearing” would be obvious as she left for the “bike ride” ... that kind of screams at me that it really wasn’t working for some reason. Which seems way too suspicious and/or coincidental IMO.
IF it was an ABDUCTION why wasn’t ANY info “immediately” put out to public? Not just by Sheriff but by family???
And IF she was abducted as BM insinuates, shouldn’t he be raising h*ll about these descriptives NOT being given to the public to help find SM?
We seem more interested in finding her, a stranger to most of us, than he does... why is that?
Would anyone really just be sitting at a friend’s house hoping and waiting for 3 weeks? He’s supposed to be the protector of family, why isn’t he doing anything?
Can authorities legally keep you from searching for your loved one? I think most of us would try to move heaven and earth to find our loved one. JMO
My only conclusion is that he is sticking to his “story” that someone he knows has abducted her for ransom or retribution... and he is afraid to speak out because they might kill her. It’s why he has “her” girls in a safe, “protected” place, right?
But, then why go driving around trying to remember if you’ve seen any strange vehicles in the area?
Speculating because I actually know almost nothing in this case.

Part of the answer would be the spot where the bike was found (if in fact the bike has been found). Bike tire prints, Suzanne's foot prints, actors foot prints, drag marks and tire prints. If that was all found and documented, if I were the actor, I would be very worried. Vehicle tire prints, bike tire prints and foot prints have something in common, "accidental indicators" that can tie the prints directly to a particular person, bike or vehicle as accurately as finger prints or DNA. These have been the downfall of many an actor who thought they were slick and had pulled off the perfect crime.
Great post ... glad you're not the "actor", lol. :)

As far as fingerprints, if Suzanne had handled the bike at some point, and another person touched afterwards -- the second set of prints would be on top of -- or over -- Suzanne's prints.
Which could indicate another person holding or moving her bike.
If there's anyone with print expertise maybe they can weigh in ?
MOO

“Protecting beautiful young girls who have suddenly become world famous (and motherless?) sounds like a sensible move IMO.” (Melrose)

But strange that neither teenager lived at home with parents ... I don’t get the impression that BM is the “protective” sort, not my definition of it anyway. I agree though that the girls need to be protected, without question.

If your partner was missing and LE said about you “ is cooperating and we hope he continues to do so” how would you take that, did he sense he was changing or was it a veiled threat, hidden message.
I thought it quite a strange statement.
Indeed. That statement IMO tells us that LE had a very good idea of what they were dealing with very early on. And I strongly believe it was no accident that they added "... and we hope he continues to do so" to their statement, and that was a message for BM, specifically.

Do we know how long the girls were at camp? Was it a weekend camp or perhaps it was a week long wilderness type of camp?

Maybe it was the type of camp with no cell coverage. Maybe the girls were gone a week and BM had a whole week to put his plan in motion.

Perhaps SM had already been missing for days before any one even knew. She could have been missing for days before Mother's Day and the girls called.

Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members