Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent thought . Wonder how legal that would be though.

I don't think it would be outside the laws of evidence collection, but I'm neither a lawyer nor a dog handler. Seems to me that if a dog thought he smelled something on the ground near the bike and followed that scent, that would be a clue in and of itself, which LE would be permitted to follow.

If the scent went back to the Morphew home, but not to anything owned by Suzanne - but instead by someone else, I think they could use that as part of the investigation, even though it might not be admissible in court.

I think that BM's lack of a valid alibi combined with any evidence of this nature (any aspect of staging) would put him front and center. I'm guessing a judge might issue a broad search warrant just based on the lack of a valid alibi or a changing alibi.

I do wonder where BM really was that day (and the day before). It's entirely possible that the daughters used one family car for their trip, BM had his truck and Suzanne had only a bicycle at her disposal. Would love to know for sure.

No vigils, no particular place where candles, flowers, etc. have been assembled. I can only think that the daughters are devastated and have little hope of seeing their mom again. I hope they get all kinds of support - but they're now living away from family in Indiana, and their mom's mom is already deceased. Too bad the fund raising effort is for BM's mother and not for the daughters.

Lauren Scharf
33 minutes ago

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office told me today that they are following up on the 400 tips received. As for targeted searched there hasn't been any (this entire week) that they are informing me about. I have reached out to family members on Suzanne's side and they tell me that they've been told not to comment. I will continue to ask questions to Law Enforcement and search for the truth.

(Lauren’s post ^is in the comments at the link)
Lauren Scharf

BBM: well, that’s news! Suzanne’s family has been told not to comment to the media - presumably by LE.

If I were the spouse and LE stated that they “hoped I continued” to cooperate, I would probably have a lot to say. Like why are they worrying about me when my wife is still out there missing. If I want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, he sure isn’t helping. Unless it’s a kidnaping.

If my spouse was missing, I truly don’t know what I’d do with my life or my time or my energy. I’d not only cooperate, but I’m sure I’d be the annoying lawyer wife they’d start calling Karen because I’d sit in the station offering to help or review evidence or talk to the DA. I really can’t imagine not being as cooperative as possible!

If they said they hoped I’d continue cooperating I know I would - against my lawyer’s advice - be broadcasting live on YouTube proclaiming my innocence and asking for tips to find the real killer.

Do we know how long the girls were at camp? Was it a weekend camp or perhaps it was a week long wilderness type of camp?

Maybe it was the type of camp with no cell coverage. Maybe the girls were gone a week and BM had a whole week to put his plan in motion.

Perhaps SM had already been missing for days before any one even knew. She could have been missing for days before Mother's Day and the girls called.

Is this possible?
All good points ^^^

Remember LE said they wanted any ring doorbell camera footage or recordings from home security from May 8th.
Wonder if they'd want any from even before that ?
If LE knew she'd been seen on camera at a convenience store, say, then they'd have a better idea who saw her last.
Or at least talked to her.
Texts do not count as they can be faked ala P.Frazee.
Imo.

Absolutely. LE is not shy. They may be quiet at the moment, but they are making clear who is in control.
bbm
Ita.

Wonder if that's causing someone undue stress ??
Loss of sleep ?
Nervousness ?
Like a random abductor or someone kidnapping people in remote areas ?

Re. the footage in msm from the helicopter of the Morphew home ... you'd have to know where it was to access and kidnap someone.
As her family is not sure that she was out biking, something may have happened within the house.
So who knew they lived there ?

Most likely not a random person.

Caveat : surprising crimes have happened where people didn't think it possible, so who knows.
Imo.

Last edited:
BBM:

I'm not even close to having reached the "tearing my hair out" stage yet…it's still early days in the investigation.

If we find ourselves here a month from now without SM having been located and/or an arrest being made, though, I'll be sporting this look:

6310.gif

My biggest concern is that this may very well end up being a no-body case.

Even if it does, though, no-body cases can be prosecuted.
And not just prosecuted, but won.
And not just won, but won in overwhelming fashion.

"No body, no crime" is a fallacy.

Just ask DA Dan May.

(I was going to say, "Ask Frazee," but he's actually too stupid to realize that, the fact that he was sentenced to LWOP + 156 years, notwithstanding. PF is still probably sitting stewing in his cell, trying to figure out how the jury managed to find him guilty).

JMO.
Thank you :p you are RIGHT, of course. I’m not sure why I’m more impatient with this one, I’ve been through many of these and I know how it goes ...
The truth is I just wanted to see you make him ;) they are so dang cute!

I think it’s been red hot since day one. State and federal law enforcement arrived almost immediately, and they appear laser focused on both a scenario and suspect.

The quieter law enforcement is, the less help they typically need. If we saw daily press conferences, and civilian searches directed by law enforcement, then I definitely wouldn’t feel that way.

I’m seeing exactly what I hope to see.
Let me clarify ... I meant HOT as in WE had lots of information to discuss and things to sleuth, without rumors ... we are kind of repeating ourselves at this point, going in circles ... or I feel like I am anyway.

If LE thought the bike placement was staged, could they have used tracking dogs in reverse? That is, give them something of BM's and see if the dogs note it there and can follow it in essence backwards? So instead of searching for Suzanne, tracking a potential POI being involved? Does this even make sense?
I wondered, too

If my spouse was missing, I truly don’t know what I’d do with my life or my time or my energy. I’d not only cooperate, but I’m sure I’d be the annoying lawyer wife they’d start calling Karen because I’d sit in the station offering to help or review evidence or talk to the DA. I really can’t imagine not being as cooperative as possible!

If they said they hoped I’d continue cooperating I know I would - against my lawyer’s advice - be broadcasting live on YouTube proclaiming my innocence and asking for tips to find the real killer.

BBM:

What do you reckon the odds are that LE has asked BM to take a polygraph?

I put them at somewhere between 99.9% and 100%.

I wonder how he responded to that request.

JMO.

Do we know how long the girls were at camp? Was it a weekend camp or perhaps it was a week long wilderness type of camp?

Maybe it was the type of camp with no cell coverage. Maybe the girls were gone a week and BM had a whole week to put his plan in motion.

Perhaps SM had already been missing for days before any one even knew. She could have been missing for days before Mother's Day and the girls called.

Is this possible?
Nancy Grace mentioned this briefly on one of her podcasts on this case - that the camping trip could have been more like "glamping" or staying at a friend's family's nice home in the mountains, etc. Keep in mind, she was speculating with guests on the show as well, so nothing verified or confirmed. If that's the case, it's possible that there would have been cell phone signals. But like everything else with this case - who knows.

I really do feel for the nephew, as well as all those close to Suzanne. They can’t do anything and I am guessing they know very little, other than what they were told in the beginning. It must be so hard for them to wait and hope and wonder if things are not what they seemed.

I’d think it’s related to CoVid and quarantining. Two young women who may have wanted to have some ability to come and go and/ or not stay in that remote home with a medically fragile mom. JMO

I remember when all this was beginning, Gov Cuomo, I think it was, stated we all should pick where we want to be isolating and also with whom.

Maybe its just me but I can't imagine having a medically fragile mother and a working father who lives in the sticks and not wanting to be there with her, if for no other reason than to make sure she has groceries, meals to eat and any medication she may need not to mention if god forbid she need a ride to the hospital or someone to call 911 if she got sick with Covid. I am in no way trying to blame the girls but you would think if your wife was in this kind of situation you would want your children there..if all you are worried about having the girls out of the house that is a huge red flag.
I have also been bothered that in the 25 second video he said the girls need you, nothing about me and the girls. Very weird to me.

Appears theories and spec. are recycling, with no new case info or news. Cases like this can sometime have long investigative horizons and lots of silence, and the public's restlessness and demand for information can turn to anger at LE and all agencies involved for not solving the crime and finding the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia