Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a strange case and I’m afraid of it going cold. When others went missing in the past family and good friends were coming forward giving interviews to media. It’s been very quiet with this case. I wonder if BM could be the controlling type and kept her isolated from making close friendships. I’ve only seen an interview from a fireman and a few people that saw her around town Church and at the gym with Barry but not close friendships like in the Shannan Watts case and others. If any of my family, girlfriends or male friends went missing I would give interviews to help find them. MOO

It's also telling, imo, that there's no description of the clothing she was wearing .
By the time she was reported missing, the husband had plenty of time to look through her clothing and shoes and see what was gone.
[Respectfully snipped.]
Good point.
I'm also wondering big time now what item LE discovered on that search when they closed the major road going over Monarch Pass and had all those agencies participating. That's a really big deal to close a major highway like that. And it seems like most highway searches are on the verges and brush; you wouldn't need to shut down traffic in both directions or maybe even at all.
Maybe they were concerned an unwanted "party" could insert him/herself into the mix and remove evidence? Add more "evidence"?
Also, if BM drove up there to throw something out of his truck, there might be highway or business cameras that recorded him driving by? We did hear LE ask people to keep their camera footage, but maybe significantly, we haven't heard if they've used any of it. I'll bet they very well might have, but, as with everything else, have managed to keep that info out of the public eye.

It's also telling, imo, that there's no description of the clothing she was wearing .
By the time she was reported missing, the husband had plenty of time to look through her clothing and shoes and see what was gone.

Imo.
Whoa, you think all husbands have in their minds a catalogue of their wife's clothing and will remember what's not there? I couldn't do that with my own clothes! (honestly, I left a whole box of clothes under the bed for a year and never missed them). Would that mean I was guilty of something?

I'm sure it's been discussed but I am pretty surprised that there has been no mention of a security system or cameras at their house. As big and remote as that house is I would think they would have some sort of something if even just a ring doorbell. On the other hand it was mentioned how "safe" it is there so who knows. All imo

Whoa, you think all husbands have in their minds a catalogue of their wife's clothing and will remember what's not there? I couldn't do that with my own clothes! (honestly, I left a whole box of clothes under the bed for a year and never missed them). Would that mean I was guilty of something?

The family asserts she was on a bike ride. That would narrow it down a lot. I think they could at least deduce the missing gear she uses, even if she has multiple helmets. gloves, shoes, etc.

For sure my husband would have no idea!

@LietKynes -
RSBM
WRT to SM's cancer, not all cancer treatments cause illness, weight loss, and/or hair loss... A friend was diagnosed with breast cancer late last year. Shes underwent six weeks of daily (weekdays) radiation therapy. She never missed a day of work, she still watched her grandson on weekends, and she continued to golf and go to bingo. Etc., etc., etc. The stress alone would have killed me, but my friend only complained that she was a bit extra tired toward the end of the series of radiation treatments. She has gone back for a few checkups and was found to be cancer free (for now). She is now scheduled for annual checkups.

All this is just to say, like everything else in this case, we don't know really much of anything related to SM's cancer/treatments. She could have been very sick, or this could have been a blip on the radar, healthwise. We don't know.

Thank you I agree. I was diagnosed with breast cancer and less than a year later I was diagnosed with bladder cancer. In total, I missed two days of work, and no one that didn’t know could tell by looking at me that I was undergoing treatment for both. I am fine now you just never know what other people are experiencing in private. I imagine that if her appearance had changed dramatically, it would have been noted by the Missing FB page of the the nephew, at the very least.

This is a strange case and I’m afraid of it going cold. When others went missing in the past family and good friends were coming forward giving interviews to media. It’s been very quiet with this case. I wonder if BM could be the controlling type and kept her isolated from making close friendships. I’ve only seen an interview from a fireman and a few people that saw her around town Church and at the gym with Barry but not close friendships like in the Shannan Watts case and others. If any of my family, girlfriends or male friends went missing I would give interviews to help find them. MOO
I agree with the weirdness of the silence of friends and family (and that if it were me, I would be shouting from the rooftops and every media outlet that will take me that my friend/loved one was a wonderful human and everyone needs to be looking for her!), and like you, I find it concerning that we don't know know of any close personal girlfriends of Suzanne's. As a DV researcher and longtime true crime follower, I look for patterns--sometimes they mean something, sometimes they don't--but the appearance of few or none close confidants is concerning. I am also concerned that family silence, with the exception of one "sanctioned" spokesperson, could be motivated by fear of a person perceived as a family authority whom no one wants to cross or upset.

However, count me in with @Knox and @insearchoflight, I am deeply hopeful that this case is not going cold, because I believe LE would be begging for leads and getting as much publicity for the case as possible as we saw with Abby & Libby if that were the case. No, I think @insearchoflight may just be right when they said:

The calm before the storm?

I think this silence is LE gathering their evidence for an arrest... at least I hope.

I don't quite understand the significance of knowing precisely what she was wearing when she went missing is. What she was was wearing would be of no consequence if she committed suicide, left voluntarily (which she can do as an adult), had an accident or even if she was abducted, for that matter. About the only time I can think of that knowing what she was wearing would help would be if she had some sort of incident and was wandering the streets confused or dazed or if cameras at bus/train stations were being looked at. Or, if it was known she had been abducted and was in a vehicle that was caught on camera. But even that would only need to be know by LE. MOO MOO MOO MOO

I read a news article that stated SM only worked as a teacher for 4 years, from 1995 to 1999 which might suggest she decided to be a stay at home mom when she was pregnant with her first child. So it's possible she would not have a pension.

I've not read any article that suggests she worked outside the home.

It was The Times dated May 16 saying she worked at Hamilton Heights Middle School.

Here's the link: Former Heights Teacher Missing in Colorado

I’m interpreting this mention as a small local paper reporting on when Suzanne worked as a teacher in that particular area / district and that she may have went on to work at other areas after leaving HHMS.

jmo

No, I didn't say anyone was guilty.^^^
If I did, it would be putting words into someone else's mouth.

We don't know if there was a crime.
Although LE did say from the beginning that it was a criminal investigation, and that they haven't at this time ruled out foul play.

LE seem to be pursuing leads, though !
MOO

I personally do not think this case is going to ever be a real “cold case”. I think it is possible that they may choose not to go to prosecution for a long time, and instead choose to wait until her body is found. No body murder trials are much more difficult to prosecute. So, it may be a long time until we see a prosecution, but I firmly believe they have enough evidence to conclude they know what happened and who did it.

I don't quite understand the significance of knowing precisely what she was wearing when she went missing is. What she was was wearing would be of no consequence if she committed suicide, left voluntarily (which she can do as an adult), had an accident or even if she was abducted, for that matter. About the only time I can think of that knowing what she was wearing would help would be if she had some sort of incident and was wandering the streets confused or dazed or if cameras at bus/train stations were being looked at. Or, if it was known she had been abducted and was in a vehicle that was caught on camera. But even that would only need to be know by LE. MOO MOO MOO MOO

I would think clothing and personal items would be important in a stranger abduction scenario. Someone might find an item of clothing on a hike, or along the water. It might help locate a missing person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez