Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To close off such an important route without at least a 1-way lane passage, and also no media...
have they found her body and have to bring it up the mountain? Just speculation.

I mean, seriously it's not a cellphone or necklace...
Man, you make good sense....but I just think that with the time elapsed and drones and scent dogs immediately involved, she would have been found already imo.
a frenzied kill, crime of opportunity, bike and body hidden hurriedly, then a quick escape - those dogs are like friggin magic, idk

Man, you make good sense....but I just think that with the time elapsed and drones and scent dogs immediately involved, she would have been found already imo.
a frenzied kill, crime of opportunity, bike and body hidden hurriedly, then a quick escape - those dogs are like friggin magic, idk

BBM
Actually the success rate of tracking dogs is hit and miss

We see cases quite often where a body is later found very near where they had been searching previously.

I have no idea if that will be the case here, but there is a lot of rough terrain and vast wilderness, it likely has made searching difficult IMO

I think the family is not liking the direction of the investigation

I think many of them believe LE should be looking for a stranger or an accident, hence the statement they are doing their own search separate from the sheriffs office.

Me, I think investigators know exactly what they are doing. And they have a pretty good idea what happened here.

I don’t expect we will be given any information about her bike, where she was last seen, or a description of her clothing if they know it.

They aren’t looking for a stranger or an accident , they have their eyes focused much closer to home imo

Your post makes a lot of sense based on what info we have.

For the sake of discussion, I’m remembering the Amanda Eller case. Is it possible SM could have rode her bike with the intent to hike? Or maybe her bike got a flat and she attempted to cut through the woods to get home and got injured or lost?

So many possibilities when we have such little info...

To close off such an important route without at least a 1-way lane passage, and also no media...
have they found her body and have to bring it up the mountain? Just speculation.

I mean, seriously it's not a cellphone or necklace...
I wonder if they found clothing. Whatever it was it seems to be significant enough for LE to believe she will be found in that area somewhere. It doesn't sound like good news to me.

I’m a member but this is my first post on this thread. I’ve been intrigued by this story since it broke and I’ve just finished catching up on all the posts here. I honestly don’t know what to think since we have very little to go on but looking at the google street view map of where she lives and the area itself, there aren’t many homes around her. It’s very wooded and there are only three or four homes in that little area all very far spaced apart. It’s not like a typical suburban subdivision with homes right next to each other where you’d see someone coming and going. So as far as a theory that the neighbor noticed her not coming back is a big stretch. I don’t think they can even see each other’s homes although I could be wrong. Also, since the older daughter goes to college there maybe that could be why they moved there a couple years ago? Cheaper to pay for the school if you live in state versus out of state. Just a couple of thoughts. So many questions so little answers.

read this- nephew clearly says he knows the bikes shape and he asks us to push the county sheriff for info on it cause he can't say.
I am not caught up on the thread yet, so my apologies in advance if this has already been addressed: I just watched the video, and the nephew only confirms that the bike was found Sunday evening; if he says he knows the condition in which it was found, I must have missed it.

Upthread I noticed there were posts/media saying the Indiana house wasn’t sold. But public records and Zillow show this:

26040 Cal Carson Rd, Arcadia, IN 46030, ownership transfer on 3/14/2019 from Barry and Susanne Morphew to Becks Superior Hybrids Inc, Atlanta. Zillow shows the sale as 5/29/2019 for 750,000.

Zillow shows 19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201, sold 4/12/2018 for 1,575,000. Property taxes are 4497.47.

I am not caught up on the thread yet, so my apologies in advance if this has already been addressed: I just watched the video, and the nephew only confirms that the bike was found Sunday evening; if he says he knows the condition in which it was found, I must have missed it.
You are correct. He only said it was found. He didn’t say anything more than that except to encourage the public and press to question authorities as to what condition it was in. Not sure if that was his way of saying something wasn’t right without actually saying it because he can’t or if he is just trying to get more answers.

I am only caught up to page 45 but a couple thoughts --

Seeing how close she lives to that CO Trail and the intersection/area where they had previously been searching was on the way there and very close, it seems like she was headed to that trail and was interrupted. Could have been a hit and run, and the perp didn't have time/didn't have space in their vehicle to take her bike. It could have been an abduction. MOO

In terms of the police not putting out a warning to residents that there may be a criminal on the loose, etc., to me that doesn't mean it necessarily isn't true. The LE in Mollie Tibbetts' case never said that either; in fact, it made many of us here feel like she may have been harmed by someone known to her and/or took off on her own volition. When in fact it ended up that she WAS harmed by a stranger and it was an opportunistic crime. I personally am not reading too much into the fact that they haven't put that out to the public. They may just not know.

I wonder if they found clothing. Whatever it was it seems to be significant enough for LE to believe she will be found in that area somewhere. It doesn't sound like good news to me.
My guess is it is something very significant - closing the road for hours is a pretty big deal IMO. If it isn't criminal (like maybe a bike accident and is wandering?) why wouldn't they just say what the item is they found??? makes me think it's a body they are looking for
JMO

Upthread I noticed there were posts/media saying the Indiana house wasn’t sold. But public records and Zillow show this:

26040 Cal Carson Rd, Arcadia, IN 46030, ownership transfer on 3/14/2019 from Barry and Susanne Morphew to Becks Superior Hybrids Inc, Atlanta. Zillow shows the sale as 5/29/2019 for 750,000.

Zillow shows 19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201, sold 4/12/2018 for 1,575,000. Property taxes are 4497.47.
I was confused by this also. I saw this info early on (house selling for $750,000) but then people started saying the IN house wasn’t sold and was $900,000. I thought maybe I remembered wrong. Going from a $750,000 house to a $1.5 million house is a BIG upgrade and had us thinking. That’s why the $750,000 stuck in my mind.

My guess is it is something very significant - closing the road for hours is a pretty big deal IMO. If it isn't criminal (like maybe a bike accident and is wandering?) why wouldn't they just say what the item is they found??? makes me think it's a body they are looking for
JMO
I agree it must be very significant for them to completely close the main thoroughfare. In that area of CO it’s not like there are a lot of detour routes. Sometimes a detour route means several extra hours! My parents live in western CO mountains.

There was an article talked about here that did say that. I just looked at Zillow too. Looks like they listed the house originally back in March of 2018. They bought the Colorado house a month later so apparently they DID own two homes for a year since it didn’t sell until May of 2019. The listing price dropped over $200,000 as well. The originally wanted around $980,000 for it. Since they transferred ownership does that mean they didn’t get the money from the sale? Not sure how that works or if I’m even allowed to get into that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member