Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/2020/05/15/suzanne-morphew-missing-chaffee-county-maysville-2/May 15, 2020 at 7:29 p.m
"Dozens of Chaffee County sheriff’s deputies and agents from the FBI and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation combed an area near Maysville on Friday where investigators found a personal item they believe belonged to a missing female bicyclist.
Morphew2-e1589255197479.jpg

Suzanne Morphew
About 90 local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain Friday in an effort to find additional items of Morphew’s or clues to her whereabouts."

Gorgeous ring!

There's another possibility.

I may have missed it, but I didn't hear LE say that SM was seen by the neighbor on Sunday.

Did he verify that there were sightings of SM on Sunday in that presser?
Did he address the last known time that anyone spoke directly to SM via phone or in person?

Barring that verification from LE that she was seen alive and well on Sunday, I don't think we can rule out the possibility that SM may have been the victim of foul play before the husband went "out of town" 2 hours and 40 minutes away for the weekend.

JMO.
Unfortunately we are thinking along the same lines- unfortunately for Suzanne's sake, I mean.

This is what worries me, focusing on the husband and not other investigating. This happened in Colorado coincidently with Jon Benet, they focused only on the parents and never found the perp. IMO it was because they were wealthy and same thing here. Like it's a Colorado thing. Someone abducted this woman, look for that person before it's too late.
I didn't get the sense Sheriff Spezze was hyper-focused at all. As a matter of fact, he repeatedly emphasized it was an open-investigation. In terms of looking for the responsible party in Suzanne's disappearance. He has brought in all the resources he could muster to help with the investigation.

Strangely enough, yours truly thought he was innocent all along. I don't know why, but I just had a vibe he had nothing to do with Heidi's disappearance, and let's be honest, there was plenty of reasons for everyone to feel that he was responsible. From appearances and his past actions, he certainly would have been the number one suspect in my eyes, but why, I don't know, I just didn't feel he did it. That still boggles me, as I respectfully argued with folks, but all I had was my gut instinct.

Of course, never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect her best friend to do such a heinous and evil act.

I just find the sheriff's comment all telling- so far, husband is cooperating. Yet, they have not stated that his alibi has been checked out- why? I mean, I think everyone would feel a lot better hearing that he was where he said he was- in Denver for firefighting training. This would have been the perfect time for the sheriff to clear him, know what I mean (I almost wrote "clean him")?
From an earlier article. It was stated by family he was out of town:
On Wednesday, Sheriff John Spezze told CBS4 while it’s an open investigation, he would not rule out a criminal investigation. He adds the probability of an animal attack is not very high.

The FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation is now involved.

Family says her husband was out of town on a trip to Denver at the time of the neighbor reporting her missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro