Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is clearly off here. I’ve never seen a missing person case where, despite regular updates, we still don’t have any information about what we should be looking for (i.e., what was she wearing, any idea of her planned route or ETA, not even whether she was on a road or mountain bike...?). Just the continued assurance that they’ve got the investigation under control, and call this number with any information. IMO, they’re not looking for information from the public.
Agree. Not a like missing person case. More like not located.

It is a pretty small, close knit area, where she went missing. The sheriff could have easily asked the locals for any videos, and for any potential witnesses, in person, back at the start of the investigation.

As to the comment---"...hope he continues to cooperate..."----

That is an odd thing to say, unless there was reason to believe he would possibly stop cooperating. JMO

When I heard him say that I immediately wondered if he was drawing on his own experience in cases with witnesses or family/friends who cooperated at first, then called in a lawyer. I mean, I guess it's possible that's all he meant, is that he genuinely hopes the hubby remains cooperative.

"The Go Fund Me is raising money to support search and rescue efforts in the form of meals, lodging and equipment, Noel said. He created the page. As of Thursday morning, almost 150 people had raised close to $20,000.

"We have a lot of people out here working and taking care of everything so were trying to cover all their expenses and make sure they’re well taken care of and that we have everything we need to be well-equipped to go out and find her," Noel said."

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office, CBI, FBI now investigating disappearance of Maysville area woman
Thank you so much for quoting this article. That’s what I thought the blurb about the online fundraiser said, but when I looked at the site again just a few minutes ago, it looked so different that it was ... what’s the right word ... confusing ...?

So it appears that the donated funds will now be used differently than previously stated.

Perhaps some new information has come to light, prompting the update.

This is what worries me, focusing on the husband and not other investigating. This happened in Colorado coincidently with Jon Benet, they focused only on the parents and never found the perp. IMO it was because they were wealthy and same thing here. Like it's a Colorado thing. Someone abducted this woman, look for that person before it's too late.

JonBenet's family was never 'officially' exonerated to the best of my knowledge. If anyone knows differently, I would love to know. They are presumed innocent, of course, but "of Lacy's exoneration letter, he said, "This letter is not legally binding. It's a good-faith opinion and has no legal importance but the opinion of the person who had the job before I did, whom I respect."

Something is clearly off here. I’ve never seen a missing person case where, despite regular updates, we still don’t have any information about what we should be looking for (i.e., what was she wearing, any idea of her planned route or ETA, not even whether she was on a road or mountain bike...?). Just the continued assurance that they’ve got the investigation under control, and call this number with any information. IMO, they’re not looking for information from the public.
Yup. Something is going on
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking out loud, if this was a random assault on a trail/sexually motivated crime, then why is she nowhere to be found? IMO, when random SAs occur in these locations they are left there, not removed from the scene.

When I heard him say that I immediately wondered if he was drawing on his own experience in cases with witnesses or family/friends who cooperated at first, then called in a lawyer. I mean, I guess it's possible that's all he meant, is that he genuinely hopes the hubby remains cooperative.
Quite possibly, husband has heard some gossip in the form of accusations. Suspicions directed toward him..Plus he's likely been questioned by LE in their elimination of family members as potential suspects. Too much of that could lead him to hire and attorney and then he'd be advised not to cooperate. JMO

Still wondering, how they've now found multiple items of hers in at least TWO different locations.

From today's presser, the previous search yielded item(s) plural.
Then today's, another item in a different location.

What scenarios make this possible?

Did they found something today?

JMO
Im relieved to learn in the PC that the Sheriff down played any thought of an animal attack. He said there were no signs of that and so at this point I am ruling that out.

Which sadly only leaves that another person could be involved in her disappearance. None of the other options seem as likely unfortunately. :(

I gotta' be honest:

One of the first things I did when I head about this case was to consult my Colorado map to determine whether or not Chaffee County fell within Colorado's 4th Judicial District.

I swear, what is it with all these Colorado cases, anyway?
Such a gorgeous state, too!

JMO.
LOL I did the same thing! And yeah IDK what is up. Are we just noticing CO cases more or are there more of them?
Yes, super beautiful.

Today's presser:

WATCH: Chaffee County Sheriff gives update about missing woman

Just watching I realized the "live" stream I watched earlier, actually cut off the first three minutes and fifty seconds, and a REALLY important detail:

The "previous" items he said they found, were YESTERDAY.

So, aside from the bike they already found on Sunday, according to the nephew, they found more item(s) plural, yesterday, and something else, again today.

This is rather unsettling.
Really good post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members