GUILTY CO - The Diol Family, 5 Killed in Arson Fire by Masked Suspects, Denver, 5 Aug 2020 *minors arrested* *1 minor guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most of unincorporated Jeffco is pretty wealthy (I grew up there, think Columbine etc.) and the house being shown in news reports.

Is there a reason Jefferson County is mentioned instead of the specific city?

Not seeing any inmates booked on the Jefferson County inmates website that matches out suspects ages/charges. Any ideas where else we can look?

Also whose house are you referencing being shown in news reports? If it's the suspects I'm not seeing that specific report.

Last edited:
Is there a reason Jefferson County is mentioned instead of the specific city?
Those arrested might have been living in a rural area. Thus, County level sheriff law enforcement made the arrests instead of police from a specific city within the County.

As a side note, some densely populated counties can have large rural areas, sparsely populated rural areas depending on the geography. For example, San Diego County has millions of people. But, the population starts to drop very fast away from the coast.

Woman connected to Green Valley Ranch murder suspect facing gun, drug charges

A woman arrested during the police investigation of an arson that killed five Senegalese immigrants in Green Valley ranch is facing gun and drug charges.

According to a criminal complaint, Tanya Bui was arrested on Jan. 27, the same day three teens were arrested as suspects in the deadly arson.

Bui is charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana and possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.

While Bui is not facing charges related to the deadly arson, investigators said she owns and pays for the cell phone used by one of the teenage suspects in that case.

Police searches of Bui’s social media indicate that she was selling large amounts of marijuana and other drugs and that the teen under investigation for the murders and arson in Green Valley Ranch was working for her.

During a search of Bui’s room on the day of her arrest, police say they found a Sig Sauer handgun, more than $6,000 in cash, approximately 500 pills believed to be fentanyl and about seven pounds of marijuana.

I was so happy to see that there is a thread for this crime. The motive is just as baffling now as before - why on earth would 3 teenagers do this? The house where the fire was set was clearly targeted - it is in an area where the houses are very close together. I'm also interested in the police work that solved this - it sounds like it was worked hard and the arson made it more difficult - the article I linked has some details on the investigation - cell data and lots of search warrants. Kudos on LE for the arrests. It was so awful and got so little news coverage. The masks made it more horrifying.

The house where at least one teen lived is huge and expensive and filled with drugs and guns.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...mily-arrested-on-federal-drug-weapons-charges
I think you are right about this house - note that in one of the interviews, a neighbor said that the residents moved in about 6 months ago. That home was sold for $945000 on Jul 31, 2020. From the article below: “Those neighbors, they just moved in probably six months ago,”
Here is a news report that shows video of the house where the arrests of a juvenile suspect and his sister took place:
Juvenile arrested in JeffCo in connection with Green Valley Ranch arson

Pretty sure it is this house:
10676 W Rockland Dr, Littleton, CO 80127 | Zillow

I know there was discussion on the thread about it being extended family, but the person arrested (related to one of the teens) has a vietnamese last name Bui. I'm off to find the 23 year old sister who was arrested Tanya Bui. ETA - the name is common and brings up too many people.

ETA - rereading articles - the fire was set in three places to make it difficult for residents to get out! I'm not usually a fan of charging juveniles as adults but this crime was so deliberate and brutal that it would be appropriate here.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted but I googled the address after seeing the house posted by @Dallas Volunteer and the arrest affidavit confirming that address popped right up: https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/a1/4a/bbaf919145a6a7a428702750d2d6/1-1.pdf

Wow. These were really well off people! I would call that house a mansion. These young people seemed to have every advantage. What went so terribly wrong?

ETA - rereading articles - the fire was set in three places to make it difficult for residents to get out! I'm not usually a fan of charging juveniles as adults but this crime was so deliberate and brutal that it would be appropriate here.
Awful!

Last edited:
I was so happy to see that there is a thread for this crime. The motive is just as baffling now as before - why on earth would 3 teenagers do this?
I strongly suspect that they were directed to do so by somebody "higher" than themselves.

Some of the suspects are involved in the drug trade. Could this have been a situation where the teenagers were ordered to burn the house of a drug rival, but then mistakenly burn the wrong house?
Wow. These were really well off people! I would call that house a mansion. These young people seemed to have advantage. What went so terribly wrong?
Though I doubt they are from a truly poor background, their individual circumstances might not be anywhere near what the house implies. Some immigrant groups have a tendency to buy homes collectively as an extended family.

As a result, there can be multiple generations of family members and several nuculear families living in one large home. This number can then be supplemented by other adult single relatives. The rent or mortgage is then paid collectively based on agreements amongst the extended family.

Last edited:
Some of the suspects are involved in the drug trade. Could this have been a situation where the teenagers were ordered to burn the house of a drug rival, but then mistakenly burn the wrong house?

In 9News reporter Jeremy Jojola's twitter thread about TB somebody posted this as though it were fact and when I asked for source they deleted their tweet. Seems like a very possible motive.

Last edited:
Following are the charges the suspects are currently being held for re: investigation. Wonder what the burglary counts are for?
  • 5 counts of first-degree murder
  • 5 counts of murder in the first degree with extreme indifference
  • 3 counts of criminal attempt murder in the first degree with extreme indifference
  • 2 counts of first-degree assault with extreme indifference
  • 1 count of first-degree burglary
  • 1 count of second-degree burglary
  • 3 counts of first-degree arson
  • 8 counts of fourth-degree arson

Last edited:
I had not seen that before, how awful. Being 15, 16 and 16 you have to wonder if they had very specific instructions and assistance in order to accomplish their goal(s.)
I think you have a very good observation.

The attack was not at the level of a drive by shooting or a drive by Molotov cocktail toss. Rather, the purpose of the attack was to systematically kill all the inhabitants, not simply to warn, frighten, or even kill an unlucky individual.

This reflects sophistication, and as you stated, strongly suggests higher level planning.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back