CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the last thread we were saying that being buried under leaves and twigs does not seem that unusual. That being said I am of the opinion it may not be one of the similarities.

That leaves the facts that it was on a trail and TW was shot to death. Do posters think the shooting is the only similarity or what other significant similarities can there be?

The very first breaking local news report after A & L were discovered (although the report said two bodies were found near the area where A & L had gone missing but identification was pending autopsy) stated that homicide was suspected due to the position of the bodies. This news absolutely stunned everyone, first, that they were found dead, and secondly, the mention of homicide. All the news reports had been stating all along that the girls were missing and foul play was not expected. Everyone assumed either runway or just simple miscommunication, like they had gone to spend the night at another friend’s home .

So after hearing over and over “foul play was not expected” the announcement that two bodies had been found was just gut- wrenchingly shocking. Not what anyone expected to hear in Central Indiana.

But after the announcement about similarities in the Delphi murders and TW my mind went back to that early mention about the position of the bodies, and I wonder what was meant, were the bodies posed somehow?

I think that there had to be more to the similarities than just being covered by leaves. MOO but I wonder about hatchet wounds along with other similarities.

Seems like some unique or unusual similarities that would send investigators from Indiana to Colorado, not just being covered with leaves. MOO.

IF buried is a similarity, I think half buried maybe the point. Though I don't know if A/L and/or TW were half buried.
To me it seems to be another similarity, that it was the talk of "one shoe" in both cases.
Next similarity maybe the mostly inaccessible terrain perhaps?
Then hatchet-wounds maybe, of which we don't know.

https://gearjunkie.com/tim-watkins-mountain-biker-shot-colorado
Mountain Biker Shot Dead, Half-Buried On CO Trail
Residents in Monument, Colo., north of Colorado Springs, are on high alert following the discovery of a mountain biker shot dead and partially buried along a local mixed-use trail.

Sources close to the investigation told KKTV 11 News Watkins was “shot multiple times.”

Singletracks editor Jeff Fisch, who lives in the area, reported that a hiker, unconnected with the search, found Watkins’s body “hidden, under a pile of leaves and twigs.”
-.-.-.-

Half-buried. Check.

I know that it happens. It’s just my opinion that that area would be really hard to grow plants on. I don’t know how you’d hide it on MTH. There are just so many hikers and cyclists.

I stand by the “anything is possible,” attitude, but I don’t see someone without an actual shelter being able to hide plants where DN was camping. MOO.

I feel like it’s highly unlikely

Well, that grow in the link above near Rampart Reservoir and campground is pretty close to MH as the crow flies. I agree that Mt. Herman is a high traffic area for hikers and bikers, but I don't know what is further west from there, in the vicinity of Limbaugh Canyon.

And by the way, when I talk about the possibility that TW came up on someone protecting an illegal grow (or hauling out illegally grown product perhaps), I'm not necessarily connecting DN to that. Let's remember that DN may not be involved in TW's murder. If we obsess on linking DN to the murder, then we may miss other clues of the real culprit.

I drove by the Catamount trailhead today, where ML's car was found after her disappearance. The restroom (shown above) is on the shady side of a hill, and there was some snow in the parking lot and near the restroom, but generally there is not enough snow to hide a dead body hidden under twigs and leaves.

I cannot help but feel the A and L thread has been closed for reasons other than naughty posts..I really wonder what is going on and when it will be open. When DN is extradited , discourse will certainly heat up... hopefully we can have it open again.

are there any possible reasons LE might request it closed?

MOO

I cannot help but feel the A and L thread has been closed for reasons other than naughty posts..I really wonder what is going on and when it will be open. When DN is extradited , discourse will certainly heat up... hopefully we can have it open again.

MOO

I have wondered this as well. What could be some of those reasons?

Before chasing hypothetical rabbits, why not ask Tricia if LE made such a request?

You're too kind. TY for the appreciation. I just wondered why they're interested in a ten-a-penny extradition don't you?

Well - to answer that question, IMO I think there is possibility that DN made ISP look foolish with his dozen crimes and no strong follow up. I think they would go get him for that.
That said, I really hope the solution to A & L murders is soon - and if it’s him I wish the police the best of luck getting solid evidence.

MOO

(I think their thread was closed strictly due to bickering, chastising, etc. The mods had warned previously. Moo. I will spare everyone my rant on how disappointed I am that some people couldn't have a respectful discussion even if there were differing opinions and had to selfishly make the thread about them, and not THE GIRLS, despite the many attempts by some posters to keep things on track. This is why their thread was closed, not because of anything else, imo. And these folks ruined it for everyone...a huge shame as we approach the one year anniversary of their deaths.)

The very first breaking local news report after A & L were discovered (although the report said two bodies were found near the area where A & L had gone missing but identification was pending autopsy) stated that homicide was suspected due to the position of the bodies. This news absolutely stunned everyone, first, that they were found dead, and secondly, the mention of homicide. All the news reports had been stating all along that the girls were missing and foul play was not expected. Everyone assumed either runway or just simple miscommunication, like they had gone to spend the night at another friend’s home .

So after hearing over and over “foul play was not expected” the announcement that two bodies had been found was just gut- wrenchingly shocking. Not what anyone expected to hear in Central Indiana.

But after the announcement about similarities in the Delphi murders and TW my mind went back to that early mention about the position of the bodies, and I wonder what was meant, were the bodies posed somehow?

I think that there had to be more to the similarities than just being covered by leaves. MOO but I wonder about hatchet wounds along with other similarities.

Seems like some unique or unusual similarities that would send investigators from Indiana to Colorado, not just being covered with leaves. MOO.

Not quite accurate
"the way the bodies were found"
no mention of pose

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DiBYdeGbdE

(I think their thread was closed strictly due to bickering, chastising, etc. The mods had warned previously. Moo. I will spare everyone my rant on how disappointed I am that some people couldn't have a respectful discussion even if there were differing opinions and had to selfishly make the thread about them, and not THE GIRLS, despite the many attempts by some posters to keep things on track. This is why their thread was closed, not because of anything else, imo. And these folks ruined it for everyone...a huge shame as we approach the one year anniversary of their deaths.)

Thank you Margarita25 I totally agree. It was exactly as Tricia said it was and nothing else. And it's a shame IMO.

Having said that lets all try to keep this one on track and about Tim Watson. If we start going off the rails by making it a substitute A&L thread then TW gets lost too.

All JMO

Before chasing hypothetical rabbits, why not ask Tricia if LE made such a request?
(I already did when it closed but haven't heard back but I agree with marg and stele. Bickering and pettiness is what Tricia said in her post.)

But isn't saying "bickering and pettiness" just more bickering and pettiness? lol . seriously it was becoming unpleasant in the absolutley nicest and non-judgemental way I can say it.

MOO

I'd like to see a thread dedicated entirely to DN. That way, those of us who have to scroll and roll through this thread and L/A would be saved the time and trouble.

(Amen to miss Margarita’s post. We were forewarned that bickering and pettiness would not be tolerated, and it devolved back into that sort of behavior, sadly - I wish LE would have been the ones that shut it down but I believe that it was us (group as a whole). A DN devoted thread actually does seem like a good idea, and a way for those who wish to really discuss him in depth to have a place to do so - not that anyone doesn’t want to talk about him but because it seems to be the issue). Justice for those who can no longer speak for themselves! TW - you will not be forgotten [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite accurate
"the way the bodies were found"
no mention of pose

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DiBYdeGbdE
Here is another similar quote.
[FONT=&quot]Riley said during the press conference. "However, we do suspect foul play because of the nature of the bodies."
[/FONT]
http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_031b521c-f2e3-11e6-a249-a77587cb24f9.html

I'd like to see a thread dedicated entirely to DN. That way, those of us who have to scroll and roll through this thread and L/A would be saved the time and trouble.
Ask Tricia. I've already asked once and tried again but her pm box is full ATM.
Also we don't have to s&r thru A&L as it is closed. And this thread is about TW and the Co charges/extradition so it cannot be avoided on this thread. It is hardly a lot of posts to go thru anyway IMO. Posters need to stop moaning and discuss the case instead of trying to control discussion AFAICS. In fact why don't we ask for a thread just for moaning and bickering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3