Coaster kills boy at 6 Flags Over Georgia

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do they know exactly how he died? (I know about his head...)
What part hit him? Did a passenger hit him? Peoples legs are the only thing dangling enough to hit someone I believe.

Do they know exactly how he died? (I know about his head...)
What part hit him? Did a passenger hit him? Peoples legs are the only thing dangling enough to hit someone I believe.

A worker was killed this way I believe in 02, 03. Kicked in the head while on platform of this very ride.

ETA
A 58-year-old park worker, Samuel Milton Guyton of Atlanta, was killed May 26, 2002. Guyton was in a restricted area on a platform when he was kicked in the head by 14-year-old girl on the front car of the ride. The girl was hospitalized with a leg injury.

I have to ask about this information/ opinion. Had the guys already been in the park that day, or were they breaking into the park? I assume they were simply taking a shotcut, but as a sleuther, I have to dig and rile out the possibilities.

News reports from Atlanta TV stated that the boy was with an out of town church group .... from South Carolina.... and had been at the park all morning enjoying the rides. The organized group decided to break for lunch ...returned to the parking lot bus/vans for food, beverages, and a break.

The Bat Man coaster is directly off of the parking lot ... and from the lot you can see and hear whoooosh of the coaster and the screams of the riders as they are wisked by the sidewalk. There were a lot of rumors as to what prompt the 2 or more young boys to jump over two fences and enter a dangerou and restricted area.

Retrieving a hat ... playing a dare game with riders on the coaster ..... etc. However, I believe it was still being investigated. I did not hear that they were trying to take a short cut back into the park as it would seem to be a major obstruction course to do so and if caught may have resulted in expulsion from the park for the remainder of their visit.

Regardless ... just a horrible tragedy for the family, the church group, and the hundreds of innocent guests who may have witnessed this event.

Peace

A friend of mine that works at six flags told me that under the cars there is this bar shaped kind of like this [_] it hangs below the ride, one at each car, that is what hit him.

A friend of mine that works at six flags told me that under the cars there is this bar shaped kind of like this [_] it hangs below the ride, one at each car, that is what hit him.

Oh my goodness.

Can you imagine being the one sitting on that seat.

This is just terrible.

I don't ever remember a part of the grieving process called "Suing".
Anger, yeah, I get that but they should be angry at themselves, their son and others who did not supervise this young guy who was capable of making such STUPID desicions. If he did something this amazingly dumb once, I am sure he has done something dangerous in the past.

(Like most teenagers!)

I know as a teen, my parents never knew where I was. EVER. But I had plenty of friends whose parents always knew where they were and what they were doing long before the days of CELL PHONES, which I am sure this dead young man and his parents had.

The blame here, if any, belongs on the young man who was killed by his own actions but there is plenty to share with his family who allowed him to roam around without supervision.

I completely agree with this post!:clap::clap:

I completely agree with this post!:clap::clap:
No...not really. My oldest son was away at college when he was 17, and I was as well. They drive down the road in a car without adults when they are 17. Kids are PLENTY old enough to be without supervision when they are 17 and should be able to read and obey posted signs. Not buying that this accident is in anyway his parents fault.

No...not really. My oldest son was away at college when he was 17, and I was as well. They drive down the road in a car without adults when they are 17. Kids are PLENTY old enough to be without supervision when they are 17 and should be able to read and obey posted signs. Not buying that this accident is in anyway his parents fault.

The reason why I said the parents are to blame started with an earlier post I made. I was to lazy to link it up.

I do not want these parents to put the blame on the park when it was this 17 year old sons fault. COMPLETELY.
And if this 17 year old kid did something this dangerous once, he has done something equally stupid in the past. He is 17 years old, he is still a minor. His parents are in control of him legally until he turns 18. They are suppose to make sure he DID NOT do something this tragic. They didn't, so here we are.

The blame in NO way lies with the park, it is solely on the kid. Yet there is an argument to be made that the family should have kept up with him and made sure he was close by instead of ....well, instead of what happened.

You raised a responsible kid, but so many out there have not.

I have to ask about this information/ opinion. Had the guys already been in the park that day, or were they breaking into the park? I assume they were simply taking a shotcut, but as a sleuther, I have to dig and rile out the possibilities.

I haven't been to Six Flags since the new owners took over, but it used to be that there was a picnic area near where the buses parked. There was a back entrance there where you could get your hand stamped to leave and re-enter, but not make your original entrance (IOW, you couldn't pay there, just show a stamped hand to go back in). Lots of school and church groups would meet there to eat and check in with kids who were old enough to go through the park on their own.

Now why they decided to go around I don't know. Is that entrance closed? Is the ride they wanted to go on next closer to Batman (or maybe was Batman?) and they didn't want to walk all the way through the park? No clue.

I will say that a friend lost a cell phone under a ride 2 years ago, and she could see it. She told a park worker who told her that the safety rules made it so he couldn't get it for her until the entire park was closed and cleared (maybe just that ride). He took her name and address and mailed the phone back to her - she thought she'd never see it again but it was there 2 days later! So I do think they take safety very seriously. How could you not??? You'd be out of business in 5 minutes if people kept getting hurt and killed.

I feel terrible for this young man's family, but I hope they will get over their initial reaction of looking for someone else to blame.

Such a tragic accident. There's no one to blame. The 17 yr old made a fatal decision.

I've been wondering about something. Could what these guys did be considered breaking and entering or trespassing? If it were, would the boy that was with him be held responsible for the other's death? I'm not saying that he should be, I'm just wondering if it's a possibility. :waitasec:

I've been wondering about something. Could what these guys did be considered breaking and entering or trespassing? If it were, would the boy that was with him be held responsible for the other's death? I'm not saying that he should be, I'm just wondering if it's a possibility. :waitasec:

Not likely ... the other boy was not responsible for his friend's actions .. only his own ..... "breaking and entering - no way" they were paid guests to the park .... "trespasing ... maybe if the the posted signs stated "danger no tresspass" in the area in question.

All in all ... not like the park is liable for guests not adhering to posted danger signs .... howvever ... I am sure the next time I visit the park ... it would not surprise me if I see barbed prison wire around all of the rides and the amusement park in general .... ... how ridiculous would that be!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and innocent guests of the park .... however ... I certainly would not hold 6 flags liable for this unfortunate accident.

Peace

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem