Cobra: Tapes, Interviews & Case Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to run and and take my son to the orthodontist this morning but I look forward to getting back and diving in to this thread. Thank you all for working so hard on it!

Hi Bluesky, I can't be sure that it was 20/20 but I do remember seeing it on TV. It made me feel sick that he took advantage of those children. I tried to do a search on the 20/20 site but I couldn't find anything. Did Cobra say that Misty Sanders posted bail for DS?

No I don't believe MS did. No one said who did. Can you use your own money from your bank account to post bail?

No I don't believe MS did. No one said who did. Can you use your own money from your bank account to post bail?

I don't really know how that works but your post said she went to the bail bond place and made him a loan of $**,***.00. I thought that meant she put up the bond for him. I have no experience with this but I always believed that you had to put up property, a house or something but IDK.

Hi Kool Look:

I transcribed Cobra's interview with Simon Barrett which will help answer your questions:

DS is charged with capital sexual battery, a serious charge that could result in the death penalty. DS's trial scheduled to begin on June 22, 2009 was postponed. Cobra is a licensed bondsman with the power of attorney, authority and permission to investigate the accused sexual predator's bond conditions after Snodgrass tried to donate furniture to the HBC. Cobra had C.E. Parish's permission to arrest Snodgrass for violating the judge's orders not to place himself around children and while on his way to surrender Snodgrass to the jail, Cobra received a call from Mr. Parish of Continental Heritage ordering Cobra to release Snodgrass. Parish blamed "poor communication" and told Snodgrass that his bond papers were determined to be in order and that Cobra would take him home.

DS filed charges of false imprisonment, a third degree felony against Cobra in May 09 and Cobra surrendered on May 22nd to the Putnam County Jail, then bonded out on charges of false imprisonment, a third degree felony. Cobra's trial date is set for December 14, 2009. DS stated in his police report that when Cobra arrested him, he detained him for over an hour and Cobra has a solid witness who can testify that Cobra held DS for 38 minutes. According to Cobra, DS's GPS monitor says he was in the region for 9 1/2 minutes 2 blocks away at Weldon's Nursery but Cobra states they were at Dunn's Creek Bridge 5-10 miles away. Cobra has his telephone pings for the 24-hour period. (46:53)

2. Several investigators contacted LE March 20, 2009 to report DS was selling his furniture including his boat and car. DS showed up at the HBC to make a donation and when he was turned away because of his suspected crime against children, he returned to the HBC 3 or 4 times and screamed verbal insults at the people who worked there. Cobra did not see DS there but Kim Picasio did and she reported DS to LE. When LE got there, DS was "gone on arrival." Because LE couldn't identify DS as the same person in the computer photo taken in 2007, no arrest was made despite the fact people at the scene said "yes, that is him".

4. While DS is sitting in Cobra's car before he left for jail, DS blames his ex-wife for causing him problems. Misty Sanders, Sherlyn's daughter, went to Chuck's Bail Bond office and signed off as the guarantor of DS's loan of $78,000. The only protection the insurance company has is his GPS bracelet. (48:16)
6. I hope once the Judge hears Cobra's defense, the charges will be dropped. IMO DS is a manipulator, a liar, deceptive, disrespectful and very immature.

DS refused to understand and gracefully accept the reason why his donation was unacceptable at the HBC and he threw a tantrum and came back several times to protest.

I am afraid to think of how DS may have chosen to retaliate against Detective Ken Taylor's comment about him on national television after he was arrested, "DS is a piece of trash who is in jail where he needs to be", and the fact that 20 20 televised his upcoming trial on National television.

Cobra said he never asked DS if he had anything to do with HaLeigh's disappearance yet when Cobra arrested him, DS's unsolicited comments shocked Cobra. I won't include them here but if anyone is interested in listening to what DS said, let me know and I'll set it up for you.

Thanks for your prayers Kool Look.

I was talking about this BBM part #4 regarding the bail bond office.

Bad info. by me. Bluesky#1 corrected in her post below. :)

I don't really know how that works but your post said she went to the bail bond place and made him a loan of $**,***.00. I thought that meant she put up the bond for him. I have no experience with this but I always believed that you had to put up property, a house or something but IDK.
'
I have little experience with this too and in the first part of Cobra's interview with Simon Barrett, Cobra explains how the bond industry operates. In Misty Sanders interview with Cobra she said she owns 4 properties. I heard Cobra say that if the Judge ordered him to pay back DS 10% of his bond which releases him from jail on the condition he show on your court date, he would. There is a standard fee schedule which sets the total cost of the bond for various offenses. To get out of jail, a person must pay 10%. Sometimes there is confusion because a person at the bondsman office may do your paperwork and put down the 10% for you which frees you from jail and a family member will come along and post the 10% as well. You can set up a payment plan with the company that posted 10% of the total cost of your bond. The accused never gets this money back which is how the bonds company make their money. I assume DS paid the 10% and MS put up one of her properties as collateral. It doesn't appear to me that DS is a poor man. I am only assuming he owns the property he lives on and if he was a chemical engineer in the military and owned a boat and more than 1 vehicle, he should be able to take afford the 10% himself. I think the courts get the 10% if there is no bondsmen involved and the bondsmen get a portion of the 10%. Out of $100 bond (10%), the bondsmen get $60. I'll listen again because there was alot of information on this tape and like I said before, this is all new to me.

Yes, it looks like she signed on his bond, I wonder if she told Cobra she was going to withdraw as guarantor so he thought he was ok to take DS down? Maybe she didn't do that or he got someone else to sign his bond? Since the owner of Chuck's Bail Bonds is a RSO himself, maybe he put up the guarantee. IDK.

No, Cobra went to arrest DS for disobeying the Judge's orders not to place himself around children and because DS went to the HBC to donate furniture and caused a stir, Cobra went to arrest him for this reason only. No Chuck Bail Bonds did not guarantee the loan; since MS withdrew, there is no one protecting his loan.

No, Cobra went to arrest DS for disobeying the Judge's orders not to place himself around children and because DS went to the HBC to donate furniture and caused a stir, Cobra went to arrest him for this reason only. No Chuck Bail Bonds did not guarantee the loan; since MS withdrew, there is no one protecting his loan.
Oh, ok, thanks for the info! I didn't realize he was placing himself around children. How awful. Did they find out he was doing this by the GPS device?

But, Bluesky, Cobra said in one of AH's early report that he was just going there to talk to him (yes, it started out as him saying he was taking Snodgrass down over the HB thing, but then backed off of it and changed it to saying he was only going to talk to Snodgrass)... then gave varying stories of why he took him down. One being that he heard Snodgrass supposedly loading a gun, another one that came up way later: that Snodgrass was a flight risk.

AH quoting Cobra:

“When I talked to C.E. Parish, he said, ‘It’s OK to take a look, but don’t revoke his bond or they’d have to refund his money.”

And as AH explained it and witnessed:

That’s all Cobra says he intended to do, talk to the client, when he pulled up to a fence and a gate marking the property line — and a no trespassing sign.

That is when the whole take down over supposedly hearing a gun loading, happened...

Oh, ok, thanks for the info! I didn't realize he was placing himself around children. How awful. Did they find out he was doing this by the GPS device?

He shouldn't have been out on bond, period, is my opinion... but he was and now it is left to the public to keep their selves safe from him. I find that an outrage.

Given that LE and the bonding agent knew he went to the HaleighBug place, my guess it is one of those gray areas. While I am all for taking the creep off of the streets, I just wish Cobra had made darn sure he could take him down, before he did what he did, and stuck to one story.

DS showed up at the HBC and people were able to identify him. Kim P called LE and DS fled (g.o.a. - gone on arrival). Because DS's doesn't appear to be the same man you see in his computer photo taken in 2007, LE wouldn't arrest him although people at the scene said yes, that is Daniel Snodgrass. No one else's arrest photo looks as different as DS's. In the 2007 pic, DS is smiling. When Cobra arrested him, he wasn't smiling and he was angrily blaming his ex-wife for his problems. I can't figure this guy out. How can his ex-wife possibly be responsible for him molesting 2 underage females at his home while their father waited in the backyard if this is what he was in fact referring to.

Good point about his GPS monitor. If it was working properly it could prove DS was at or near the HBC. No one mentioned what his GPS monitor records showed. Cobra said a person tracks his monitor so I assume this person keeps dated records but I don't know how the monitor system works either.

DS could have had Marty drop off his donation but no he went himself and after he was sent away, he returned on several occasions and hurled insults at the people working there. It makes one wonder how DS could lead a normal life under these conditions, because when you go out in the community to shop for example, there are always children around.

Unfortunately, I don't think it matters really if DS was wearing an ankle monitor. There have been various studies of offenders that are released and mandated to use the GPS type monitor like DS wore. Because the offender has a specific home radius location is not a guarantee that they will not offend or find a way to re offend. Depending upon the settings DS might have been able to travel 1-5 miles before the GPS monitoring would send off a signal that he was out of his own home zone. He may have asked for permission to go to a doctor's appointment, church, counselor, AA meeting....I mean we just have no way of knowing what the conditions of his release were or how large or small his home zone was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankle_monitor

snip~ The effectiveness of monitoring in reducing crime is uncertain. There is probably a reduction of criminal behavior while the offender is actually being monitored. [1]. However, a thorough and comprehensive review of research literature has indicated that, over a period of three years, monitoring did not reduce crime more than other prison diversion programs. [2] The inventors, Kirkland and Robert Gable, who are now emeritus Professors of Psychology at California Lutheran University and the Claremont Graduate University, have been strongly advocating the use of positive incentives in monitoring programs. [3] ~end snip

I do not think it is safe to allow child sex offenders the luxury of our country's innocent until proven guilty rule. The only innocent are our children. Let's protect them.

DS showed up at the HBC and people were able to identify him. Kim P called LE and DS fled (g.o.a. - gone on arrival). Because DS's doesn't appear to be the same man you see in his computer photo taken in 2007, LE wouldn't arrest him although people at the scene said yes, that is Daniel Snodgrass. No one else's arrest photo looks as different as DS's. In the 2007 pic, DS is smiling. When Cobra arrested him, he wasn't smiling and he was angrily blaming his ex-wife for his problems. I can't figure this guy out. How can his ex-wife possibly be responsible for him molesting 2 underage females at his home while their father waited in the backyard if this is what he was in fact referring to.

Good point about his GPS monitor. If it was working properly it could prove DS was at or near the HBC. No one mentioned what his GPS monitor records showed. Cobra said a person tracks his monitor so I assume this person keeps dated records but I don't know how the monitor system works either.

DS could have had Marty drop off his donation but no he went himself and after he was sent away, he returned on several occasions and hurled insults at the people working there. It makes one wonder how DS could lead a normal life under these conditions, because when you go out in the community to shop for example, there are always children around.
This is one of the things that raises my suspicions about him. WHY would he do this? If he really wanted to remain anonymous then he certainly could have sent Marty and no one would have known. It's like a pyromaniac who sets a fire and then can not keep himself away from watching it burn. Crazy.

It just seems to me alot of child molesters have inserted themselves and their supporters in this case. IMO. From DS trying to donate furniture to others starting chat boards and taking pics of the family and their homes and posting them on the net. It's strange and creepy. IMO.

This is one of the things that raises my suspicions about him. WHY would he do this? If he really wanted to remain anonymous then he certainly could have sent Marty and no one would have known. It's like a pyromaniac who sets a fire and then can not keep himself away from watching it burn. Crazy.

It just seems to me alot of child molesters have inserted themselves and their supporters in this case. IMO. From DS trying to donate furniture to others starting chat boards and taking pics of the family and their homes and posting them on the net. It's strange and creepy. IMO.

Personally, if he did go there and drop off donations, then personally I would think it was for arousal or gratification purposes. Getting so close to Haleigh's case like that. And honestly I don't think it would matter if he was involved in Haleigh's disappearance or not, he could be completely uninvolved and still find it exciting and gratifying. Disgusting.

Cobra's trial was continued until 1/25/10.

2009-12-14 35 TRIAL MINUTES: AT CALENDAR CALL CASE CONTINUED TO

2009-12-14 35 NEXT TRIAL 01/25/2010

2009-12-14 36 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (01/25/2010)

2009-12-14 37 NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (01/25/2010)

Thanks LFlorida for the update. Cobra seems to be getting himself into other trouble also, if it's true concerning the Minnesota Reporter Timothy Holsmeth and the threatening of his 4 year old son through alledged emails in TH's possession and Minnesota's LE.

Cobra concerns me in this case.

Thanks LFlorida for the update. Cobra seems to be getting himself into other trouble also, if it's true concerning the Minnesota Reporter Timothy Holsmeth and the threatening of his 4 year old son through alledged emails in TH's possession and Minnesota's LE.

Cobra concerns me in this case.

Not just Cobra...Alot of people are of concern to me in this case..JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024