Knife attack, 3 killed at a festival in Solingen, Germany 23 August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

German prosecutors have named the man suspected of carrying out a knife attack at a festival that killed three people and injured eight.

The Syrian national Issa Al H is accused of being "a member of a terrorist organisation abroad", saying he shares the "ideology of Islamic State" (IS).

He has also been charged with three counts of murder, attempted murder and dangerous bodily harm in eight cases.

A 56-year-old woman and two men, aged 56 and 67, died following the attack in the city of Solingen on Friday.

Issa al H., the suspect in the case of the Solingen knife attack with three deaths, is taken into custody. An investigating judge at the Federal Court of Justice (BGH) in Karlsruhe has issued an arrest warrant on suspicion of membership in the terrorist militia Islamic State (IS) and murder, among other things, the Federal Prosecutor's Office announced.1724598265499.png

German prosecutors have named the man suspected of carrying out a knife attack at a festival that killed three people and injured eight.

The Syrian national Issa Al H is accused of being "a member of a terrorist organisation abroad", saying he shares the "ideology of Islamic State" (IS).

He has also been charged with three counts of murder, attempted murder and dangerous bodily harm in eight cases.

A 56-year-old woman and two men, aged 56 and 67, died following the attack in the city of Solingen on Friday.
So sorry to hear about the deaths. For no reason whatsoever, I had been envisioning the victims as young people and am a bit surprised he picked a couple of grown men among his targets.

jmopinion

So if that's where you read it, take with a large pinch of salt.
JMO, tho not just mine in Germany ;-)

I agree with your opinion, seaside. Bild is like a tabloid, but yet has the feel of MSM in Germany, unfortunately, IMO.
Der Spiegel is good, though. But likely to have fewer articles.

Sincere condolences to the loved-ones of the victims. Wishing a full recovery for those who have survived.

"German federal prosecutors took over the investigation Sunday of a stabbing rampage in the city of Solingen that left three people dead, citing terrorism as the suspected motive."

and

"Siavash Hosseini, a 33-year-old Iranian refugee who survived the attack, recounted his narrow escape, saying the assailant moved swiftly and appeared to target victims’ necks.

“Luckily, I could turn myself away, [the attacker] reached out to my neck and shoulder, and then he very fast went on to the other people and stabbed them very quickly in the neck from the front,” Hosseini told German media."

Sorry, somebody may have responded already. I presume 'southern' was translated from 'südländisch', tho I haven't found the exact report in German. "südländisch" as adjective or "Südländer" as noun refers to somebody who looks as if they may be from southern Europe, especially Mediterranean countries, such as Italy, Greece, Spain, Malta, Portugal etc. It's not so much about browner skin or muslim, but it is a rather vague description. MOO

Ah, thanks for this info, I thought that may be the case.

"Siavash Hosseini, a 33-year-old Iranian refugee who survived the attack, recounted his narrow escape, saying the assailant moved swiftly and appeared to target victims’ necks.

“Luckily, I could turn myself away, [the attacker] reached out to my neck and shoulder, and then he very fast went on to the other people and stabbed them very quickly in the neck from the front,” Hosseini told German media."
RSBM for focus
It seems that not just white European Christians were attacked... MOO In fact, Hosseini told the interviewer that the attacker was stabbing people randomly.

Hosseini arrived in Germany a year ago, hoping for protection from these sorts of extremists (like the alleged attacker). For anybody who can't read The Washington Post, like me, and can understand German, here is Hosseini being interviewed: Siavash Hosseini hat den Anschlag von Solingen überlebt: Das ist sein Bericht

Last edited:
Reactions: nao
I think it's good to hear from people on the street in a city where something awful has happened, since I don't believe other people like politicians or keyboard warriors can speak for the inhabitants of such a city. Passers-by in Solingen being interviewed on their feelings in the aftermath:
Siavash Hosseini hat den Anschlag von Solingen überlebt: Das ist sein Bericht Starts at approx 17:27 minutes in.
My summary of the interview:
Fear is mentioned, also sadness. Relief that the perp has been arrested. Worry that 'this isn't the end', that there may be more such attacks across Germany. One women filmed speaks for many interviewed who weren't filmed, saying they don't want any 'division in society' after this. "Keine Spaltung!" They want their city to remain united, they want to stand together. Worry about how this attack could affect innocent refugees from Syria, especially worry about them being attacked by right-wing extremists, since there was a fatal right-wing attack once before in Solingen.
MOO

Here are also some reactions, in a written article: Nach Anschlag in Solingen: Einwohner trauern bei Gottesdienst - der eigentlich anders geplant war

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back