Colorado Wildfires 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mandatory Evacuations Ordered Along Highway 34 In Estes Park

"Officials say the fire in the Thompson Zone is about one mile west of Bear Lake Road, and they expect the fire to push east through Saturday. This fire is not contained.

Forest Service officials say, as of Saturday afternoon, the spot fire was still holding west of Bear Lake Road, and the east side of the fire split into two "fingers". One is moving along the Big Thompson River, and the second along mill Creek."

Last edited:
Thank you for the tremendous wealth of info in this thread! Apologies if this has been posted, but this story in particular touched my heart. What a beautiful love story - so tragic that it ended this way.

Couple married 68 years dies in Colorado's East Troublesome Fire

We are just hearing about this couple on our morning news in Oz.
As well as seeing pics of the widespread devastation.

They say that they still do not know the cause of the fires. Something that will be important to find out in the aftermath.

We are just hearing about this couple on our morning news in Oz.
As well as seeing pics of the widespread devastation.

They say that they still do not know the cause of the fires. Something that will be important to find out in the aftermath.

Lots of dead trees from pine beetle infestations and dry weather made the forest a tinderbox. We don’t know the source of ignition. Could be a careless human or a lightning strike.

Colorado firefighters hope for respite as snow forecast for wildfire areas

——

Deadly Colorado wildfire tears through Rocky Mountain National Park, threatens Estes Park
Blaze has killed two as it advances east amid howling winds ahead of a snowstorm.

“The fate of Estes Park became a race between fire and ice, as a snowstorm due to hit Saturday night and last into Sunday is likely to halt the fire’s spread. Crews were still in a “very aggressive firefight” Saturday evening, officials said, trying to keep the blaze from lodges and homes in the town of about 6,500. Eastern areas of Estes Park are now under evacuation orders — the western side was evacuated Thursday.

“We will do everything in our power to protect the town of Estes Park and every community that is threatened by these historic fires in our state,” Gov. Jared Polis (D) tweeted Saturday afternoon, as more than 3,000 firefighters joined Colorado National Guard members to stem the blazes’ spread.“

Last edited:
PTL we are getting hammered with snow.

Usually I dread winter, as I’m sure others do.

Today we are cheering. It may not put them out, but it will sure help firefighters and improve...

Had this weather not come in...

(shudder)

—-

@NoSI, I look forward to getting an update when you’re up to it. Been thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way that your home has been spared. Again, please message me if you need anything, I have friends in low places. :wink:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chloerock
Back