Comforter in Josh Powell's Storage Unit Tests Positive for Blood

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WOW! Just read the first posts. Again, I won't ever understand they he was allowed to be free....

:(

Because LE had confiscated his. The one that was on his bed in plain sight, that is.

We have more than one quilt/bedspread/comforter around our house. When we get a new one, the old one goes into storage in case we need it later. Like if we want to wrap a dead/dying body in the back of a van for clean transport.

Gwenabob, this humor is so wrong-and makes me giggle, I need a giggle...

Illinois got it right and put Drew Peterson in jail where he belongs. Maybe they can share some info with other law enforcement agencies.

This SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!

First of all question-if the blood on the blanket is related to Susan's disappearance, i.e. her blood, why would he have kept it for 2 years in a storage unit under his name. I would think that he would make sure any and all physcial evidence would have been destroyed. How difficult could have been to dispose of a comforter?

I am thinking it is nothing, to be honest, unless he decided to keep it as a souvernier?

Bingo, I was thinking souvenier too

First of all question-if the blood on the blanket is related to Susan's disappearance, i.e. her blood, why would he have kept it for 2 years in a storage unit under his name. I would think that he would make sure any and all physcial evidence would have been destroyed. How difficult could have been to dispose of a comforter?

I am thinking it is nothing, to be honest, unless he decided to keep it as a souvernier?

That was my first thought too. But then I remembered that sometimes when blood sprays, sometimes it comes out as a fine mist and unless you look for it under a magnifying glass you might not see it. Also sometimes if it is just a small spot or two it might get overlooked. From all reports JP had really been pinching pennies at the last of the marriage. So he could have even seen the blood and if it was small enough spots that it wasn't noticable, he might have been reluctant to throw it out.

If the amount of blood was small, it alone wouldn't have been enough to arrest JP. Because other things could have explained it. Menstrual blood, a small cut etc.

I hope this isn't too much information, but I used to have really heavy periods, much to the detriment of the bedclothes in case of accident.

So I think the stain would have to be really huge for it to have any potential evidentiary value.

Unless of course there was proof of when the comforter was purchased, and Susan's medical records contradicted such a scenario after that date.

I hope this isn't too much information, but I used to have really heavy periods, much to the detriment of the bedclothes in case of accident.

So I think the stain would have to be really huge for it to have any potential evidentiary value.

Unless of course there was proof of when the comforter was purchased, and Susan's medical records contradicted such a scenario after that date.

Would you bother to keep a soiled quilt in a storage locker and pay the fees for it?

I can't see JP keeping a quilt connected to the murder of Susan. I find the whole storage locker thing odd.

Would you bother to keep a soiled quilt in a storage locker and pay the fees for it?

I can't see JP keeping a quilt connected to the murder of Susan. I find the whole storage locker thing odd.

<BBM>

I don't find the storage locker odd considering that when he moved from Utah to WA is was to his father's house. He would have needed somewhere to store all his stuff. But I do wonder what all he removed from that storage locker on his last visit.

It was said on Dateline tonight that on Saturday after he visited the storage locker he also visited a landfill and left some bags full of stuff. I wonder if LE was able to retrieve these bags. Seems like he may have gotten rid of some stuff from the storage.

It was said on Dateline tonight that on Saturday after he visited the storage locker he also visited a landfill and left some bags full of stuff. I wonder if LE was able to retrieve these bags. Seems like he may have gotten rid of some stuff from the storage.

I know, it seems odd that they know he went to a landfill, if they have not also been able to track what he did there...I hope there is more evidence found from this trip, only I am doubtful that any evidence found would lead to where Susan actually is now, only possibly more proof that JP killed her.

I know, it seems odd that they know he went to a landfill, if they have not also been able to track what he did there...I hope there is more evidence found from this trip, only I am doubtful that any evidence found would lead to where Susan actually is now, only possibly more proof that JP killed her.

I don't even know where my local landfill is. It's interesting that he does, given that he's not in a business like construction that would take him to the landfill regularly.

There is another thread here on the landfill. In the 1st post there is a link where LE says they received a "tip" that he "may" have gone to the landfill recycling center. So far nothing found but as seen in other cases so many times people call in tips that are really their own personal theories.

There is another thread here on the landfill. In the 1st post there is a link where LE says they received a "tip" that he "may" have gone to the landfill recycling center. So far nothing found but as seen in other cases so many times people call in tips that are really their own personal theories.

It certainly makes me wonder whether he just took Susan to a landfill in Utah. Mark Hacking very nearly got away with that.

Imo the ONLY THING THAT COULDBE OF EVIDENTIARY VALUE is what he attempted to get rid of.. Right?? I mean why else even go to the storage except to find particular items that he didn't want discovered after he was soon to be dead??. We know his next stop was landfill that he left several bags of "stuff" at the landfill.. Imo *IF* there was ever anything of importance in that storage facility it was taken out Saturday and dumped at the landfill..

Just looking at it logically.. I wonder if the bedspread was found at the landfill possibly??

I am SO glad that they gave the pictures and the boys belongings from the storage shed, back to the Cox family.

Because LE had confiscated his. The one that was on his bed in plain sight, that is.

We have more than one quilt/bedspread/comforter around our house. When we get a new one, the old one goes into storage in case we need it later. Like if we want to wrap a dead/dying body in the back of a van for clean transport.

Remind me never to make this one angry okay??? :seeya:

We have at least 12 comforters and 6 or so quilts. Everything from twin to king size. Even have 2 identical of a few of them.
I could EASILY dispose of a few bodies and no one would even notice a comforter missing. :twocents:

I am pretty sure they can usually tell the difference between menstrual blood and regular blood.
However, I am sure there has to be a certain amount for that to be possible and if there isn't enough...

I have removed a few posts that are discussing other members. Don't do it.

IMO the or any comforter that jp owned woulod be important only because of his statement that he HAD to BUY a NEW one (and clothes) AFTER Susan was reported missing. WHY? freudian slip up.
Just like he said 'I would never STAB Susan? Did he? Was that mommies owie???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back