Computer Support

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What browser are you using? If it's a newer machine, is it Vista? Also, do you have Norton anti-virus installed?

I have Vista (problems) and got rid of Norton. Slowed the computer down too much.Found something much better but pm me as I don't want that info out due to some past problems with hackers.

Can anyone tell me how to attach a word document to a post here at WS? Is it even possible? I see there is an option to insert an email link, can I use that to attach a document?

Thank you in advance.

Does anyone know what an error pop up that say "Uorl has caused an error in Uorl.exe means"? It pops up after I turn my computer on when the desktop comes up. It says Uorl is going to close, so I just close the box and continue as usual. It just started this last night and I can't find anything online about what it is.

Does anyone know what an error pop up that say "Uorl has caused an error in Uorl.exe means"? It pops up after I turn my computer on when the desktop comes up. It says Uorl is going to close, so I just close the box and continue as usual. It just started this last night and I can't find anything online about what it is.
Are you sure it says uorl or does it say url like this error message
url.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows

If so, I just read here where you can run a scan to fix errors.

http://www.runscanner.net/files/exe/url/url.exe.aspx

Yes, I've looked at it closely and it say Uorl. Maybe it means url, I don't know. Thanks for the link.

.... Hey Christine, or anyone that can help me out!! HELP!!! I was trying to create more memory by deleting some programs and unused files and now I can't use my Outlook Express. When I go to Outlook Express a window pops up saying, "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded". What the hell did I do? I didn't delete anything that had anything to do with Outlook Express .... what do I do?

Stan, it helps us a lot if you tell us what OS (Operating System) you are running and what version of OE (Outlook Express).

There are several things you can try, but it depends on what OE you have. You can download Msoe.DLL file from online, but you need the proper one.

You could try searching your PC for this file (Msoe.DLL) and copying it into it's rightful place, C:\PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Another option...as a last resort, you can try SYSTEM RESTORE. (restore computers state to an earlier date)
Let us know OS and version of OE and lets see if we can help ya figure this out ;)

Stan, it helps us a lot if you tell us what OS (Operating System) you are running and what version of OE (Outlook Express).

There are several things you can try, but it depends on what OE you have. You can download Msoe.DLL file from online, but you need the proper one.

You could try searching your PC for this file (Msoe.DLL) and copying it into it's rightful place, C:\PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Another option...as a last resort, you can try SYSTEM RESTORE. (restore computers state to an earlier date)
Let us know OS and version of OE and lets see if we can help ya figure this out ;)

Hey Christine .... I have Windows Millenium Edition and Internet Explorer 6.0. I can't seem to find what version Outlook Express I have. If you need that you'll have to clue me in on how to find out what it is. I right clicked on the desktop Outlook Express icon and clicked properties, but it didn't give me the version. Thanks for your help Christine and Taxi. :blowkiss:

I tried Taxi's idea and, ultimately, a window popped up saying, "9xmig.dll was not found"!! I inserted the Windows Millenium Edition disk, as it suggested, but it didn't work. This is so frustrating!! :mad:

Hey Christine! I believe I found the MSOE.DLL file, but I don't know what to do with it!! I don't want to create more damage!! :rolleyes:

Hey Christine .... I have Windows Millenium Edition and Internet Explorer 6.0. I can't seem to find what version Outlook Express I have. If you need that you'll have to clue me in on how to find out what it is. I right clicked on the desktop Outlook Express icon and clicked properties, but it didn't give me the version. Thanks for your help Christine and Taxi. :blowkiss:

Click HELP then ABOUT to get version.

ME, you should be able to do system restore....let me explain what that is..(copy and paste really, LOL!)

How to 'undo' a big mistake in Windows
It used to be, back in that last century, that people wished for a reverse time machine. This would allow them to go back in time after they messed up their computer.

Well, Windows XP (and guess what Stan? ME too :) ) has that time machine. And when some awful thing gives your computer the staggers, it's easy to go back to the day before. Or the day before that. Or last week or last month.

It's an all-too-often unused feature that may save your bacon someday, called System Restore. Here are four things to know about it.

1. It allows you to go back in time.
System Restore creates points in time — called "restore points" — in which it takes a snapshot of Windows. It stores them on your hard drive. At any given time, you might have restore points going back a few weeks, or a few months.

System Restore also is included in Windows Me. Windows 98 has a similar, but less advanced, utility called Registry Checker. It can undo problems in the Windows Registry. More about that in a minute.

So how do you get into System Restore?

Click Start > All Programs (in Windows Me, it's Programs) > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. This path opens the System Restore wizard. Immediately, you are given the choice of stepping back in time, or creating a restore point.
Click "Restore my computer to an earlier time" and select Next. This opens a window with a calendar. The boldfaced dates on the calendar have restore points. Some may have more than one. Since you are trying to save your computer, you click a boldfaced date, then select a restore point in the right-hand box.

Click Next, and you get an explanation of what is about to happen. Click Next again, and you have reversed your machine. System Restore only takes Windows and some programs backwards. This is important to know: It does not reverse any changes made in your documents. So if you recently wrote a letter to Aunt Tillie, asking to be included in her will, it will not be affected. In fact, nothing in your My Documents folder is changed.

Furthermore, no file anywhere on the hard drive with a common personal extension, such as DOC (for Microsoft Word) or XLS (for Excel), is changed. Your e-mail will not be changed, nor will anything in your Internet browser.

System Restore monitors files that are crucial to the system's performance. These have such extensions as EXE, DLL and INI. When you select a date in the System Restore wizard, it restores these files to whatever they contained on that date. If you installed a program after that restore date, you might have to reinstall it. Otherwise, you should not see changes in your computer, other than a return to stability.

2. You can make your own restore points.

PLEASE GO TO THIS ARTICLE HERE TO CONTINUE READING 2-4.

Hey Christine! I believe I found the MSOE.DLL file, but I don't know what to do with it!! I don't want to create more damage!! :rolleyes:

Put in both windows system folder and outlook express folder.

If you need step by steps, let me know.

Put in both windows system folder and outlook express folder.

If you need step by steps, let me know.

Yes Christine, I'd like to try this before System Restore. I can never get System restore to work properly. Thanks, Hon!!

Yes Christine, I'd like to try this before System Restore. I can never get System restore to work properly. Thanks, Hon!!

K, find the file MSOE.dll, right click it, copy...

then navigate to C:\Program Files\Outlook Express and paste it in there.

then navigate to C:\Windows\system32 folder and paste a copy there.

If this does not work...once you give me your version of OE (Click HELP then ABOUT to get version.) I can find where you can download a new DLL file and we will delete any of the MSOE.DLL's that are on there now and replace with the new downloaded one.

K, find the file MSOE.dll, right click it, copy...

then navigate to C:\Program Files\Outlook Express and paste it in there.

then navigate to C:\Windows\system32 folder and paste a copy there.

If this does not work...once you give me your version of OE (Click HELP then ABOUT to get version.) I can find where you can download a new DLL file and we will delete any of the MSOE.DLL's that are on there now and replace with the new downloaded one.

Christine ... when I click Start/Search and enter C:\PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS, the MSOE.DLL file is listed on the right. I'm confused!! :waitasec:

.... Nothing is working, Christine!! :doh: I can't find the version of my Outlook Express. I can't open my OE at all because of the MSOE.LL issue. Maybe you know where and how I can find it, it must be somewhere! When I search the file c:\program files\outlook express, the MSOE.DLL and 9xmig.dll files are listed, confusion has really set in, Christine. :rolleyes:

I am going to see if I can get one of our other computer peeps to help you, I am stuck at work and just don't have time to figure this out (and I really want to help you!)

I think you just need to download a new MSOE.dll file from the internet, then remove the one that is in your folder now and put downloaded one in it's place....but I believe certian versions of OE may have different MSOE files so I would really like to be sure what version you have :(

I know only one way to find out...let me see if someone else knows another way to find out.

BB ASAP

Here seems like a pretty straight forward workaround at this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;296512

When I did a search on the error message at google, it appears that it has happened to a lot of folks. There's a number of articles that come up. Please try the workaround at this link. Let me know if it helps!

I missed Taxi mom's post above!!!!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: I didn't even see it! I think this is the same thing!

How simple....I hope this works! Thanks! :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back