Conincidences Abound

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know about refused, but Steve Thomas notes in his book that Patsy asked Pam to get the pair of black jeans she'd been wearing when she went on her one-woman-raid of the Ramsey house.

Solace said:
John doesn't just do this thing and aid and abet it, he throws it up in our face every few years as if to say, "I am smarter than all of you and I am going to do this as much as I want, you are too stupid to catch me".
His and Patsy's arrogance never failed to astound me.He might as well say he thinks he's the smartest person in the world,and the rest of us are idiots if we recognize that the stupid ransom note,along with all the other evidence agaisnt them,is proof of their guilt.WELLLLL...IMO...it is !!!!

There's a thread at another site, haven't read it yet myself, but it's titled something like "Too Much Reasonable Doubt", at CTV. There might be some good food for thought there, some points we may be missing.

Seen it, heard it all before.

Is it the fact that John and Patsy Ramsey do not look the part? John said he never saw Patsy Ramsey angry. Now do you believe that? Do you believe that this woman never ever got angry in all the years that she was married to John. He must not have been paying attention - at least not to the times she was yelling at JonBenet in the bathroom, which was a daily occurrence.

None so blind as he who will not see!

Solace said:
..........Eagle Says....If it's true the R's had never seen the shabby bear until the murder was discovered, he just may have brought it to the scene, and may have been with someone. The bear JBR got at a pageant was white.

Eagle, with all due respect this scenario is unbelievable to say the least. Now you are saying there may have been two people in the house, two strangers, we have no evidence of a stranger Eagle........]

Read my lips, I said a LOT of people may have been involved! And we do have evidence of an intruder, not that there has to be any.

I've pointed out many times at least one example of evidence, the picture of the dictionary that ST said had NOT been at the crime scene when it was processed. That was a big slip-up, not very smart staging.

Parents simply would not have planted that, dogeared all the way down to the word "incest" .

Someone with access to police files was evidently involved, if ST is right, and why wouldn't he be?

If there really wasn't any evidence of even one intruder, it wouldn't prove a thing. It wouldn't prove there wasn't any or weren't any.

Eagle1 said:
Eagle, with all due respect this scenario is unbelievable to say the least. Now you are saying there may have been two people in the house, two strangers, we have no evidence of a stranger Eagle........]

Read my lips, I said a LOT of people may have been involved! And we do have evidence of an intruder, not that there has to be any.

I've pointed out many times at least one example of evidence, the picture of the dictionary that ST said had NOT been at the crime scene when it was processed. That was a big slip-up, not very smart staging.

Parents simply would not have planted that, dogeared all the way down to the word "incest" .

Someone with access to police files was evidently involved, if ST is right, and why wouldn't he be?

If there really wasn't any evidence of even one intruder, it wouldn't prove a thing. It wouldn't prove there wasn't any or weren't any.

Eagle1,

Yes like her urine-soaked longjohns, I doubt the Ramsey's would have left a dictionary marked on the incest entry.

But since the evidence is photographic this means it was taken long after the discovery of JonBenet, and anyone may have looked up that entry?

Two interesting pieces of evidence have never been released, these are the pictures taken at the Whites, and the private collection of photos taken of JonBenet posing.

The first would likely shed some light upon whether her asymmetrical ponytails are significant, and if her hair styling had been altered? Bear in mind the Ramsey's state JonBenet was placed straight to bed.

The second would suggest a profile of the person taking the photographs, any clothes JonBenet was modeling in, and their linkage, if any, with her pageants. The latter lay behind the decision to issue search warrants for both Ramsey residences to be searched for child *advertiser censored*.

Steve White's testimony surely must relate to some difference in JonBenet's appearance from the night before. Also what he knows must be contained in the photographs, how else could he be so certain of Ramsey involvement in the death of JonBenet?

UKGuy said:
Eagle1,

Yes like her urine-soaked longjohns, I doubt the Ramsey's would have left a dictionary marked on the incest entry.

But since the evidence is photographic this means it was taken long after the discovery of JonBenet, and anyone may have looked up that entry?

Two interesting pieces of evidence have never been released, these are the pictures taken at the Whites, and the private collection of photos taken of JonBenet posing.

The first would likely shed some light upon whether her asymmetrical ponytails are significant, and if her hair styling had been altered? Bear in mind the Ramsey's state JonBenet was placed straight to bed.

The second would suggest a profile of the person taking the photographs, any clothes JonBenet was modeling in, and their linkage, if any, with her pageants. The latter lay behind the decision to issue search warrants for both Ramsey residences to be searched for child *advertiser censored*.

Steve White's testimony surely must relate to some difference in JonBenet's appearance from the night before. Also what he knows must be contained in the photographs, how else could he be so certain of Ramsey involvement in the death of JonBenet?

Steve White?

UKGuy said:
coloradokares,

I know dumber than dumb I meant Fleet White, of course.

I knew it had to be Fleet White or Steve Thomas. Made more sense it was FW from what was said but. Clarification never hurts :p

UKGuy said:
Eagle1,

Unless the R's were in such a frenzy that one,the other, or both forgot they looked that up??? Just as they did just that with the pineapple by leaving it out and forgetting JB had any?

I agree,I bet the pics gave them reason to search for *advertiser censored*,as they do need probable cause in order to do so.It seems JR wants us to forget that fact !!!

I have a feeling JB wore the red shirt to the party,and her hair was styled differently,no doubt leading to R's involvment,since they say they put her straight to bed.

UKGuy said:
But since the evidence is photographic this means it was taken long after the discovery of JonBenet, and anyone may have looked up that entry?.....

....like her urine-soaked longjohns, I doubt the Ramseys would have left a dictionary marked on the incest entry....]

"Anyone may have looked up that entry?" Exactly. You know they wouldn't have to look up the word incest!

JMO8778 said:
Unless the R's were in such a frenzy that one,the other, or both forgot they looked that up??? Just as they did just that with the pineapple by leaving it out and forgetting JB had any?

I see your point that they had slipups, but the one fact remains, I think, they definitely would not have to look up the word incest! Even I wouldn't have to look it up, and I've never had any reason to be interested in the subject. I'd even go so far as to say everybody knows that! Someone was tampering with evidence. That's all. Killer or not, I don't claim to know. Neither can anyone else.

I agree,I bet the pics gave them (BPD) reason to search for *advertiser censored*,as they do need probable cause in order to do so.It seems JR wants us to forget that fact !!!

I have a feeling JB wore the red shirt to the party,and her hair was styled differently,no doubt leading to R's involvment,since they say they put her straight to bed.

Even if they deliberately lied about putting her directly to bed with no pineapple, they were as educated as we are and just would not have had to look up the word incest. Neither would they want to put that thought into peoples' minds who maybe wouldn't have thought of it w/out this incident. Somebody who was against them definitely planted the dictionary.
We're not talking here about all the other evidence, so that's all my comment is about, just the dictionary.

No matter what other errors they made, they certainly would not have needed to look up the word incest. That was some stager's extremely stupid slip-up. That one thing for sure was staged by someone else.

Eagle1 said:
Even if they deliberately lied about putting her directly to bed with no pineapple, they were as educated as we are and just would not have had to look up the word incest. Neither would they want to put that thought into peoples' minds who maybe wouldn't have thought of it w/out this incident. Somebody who was against them definitely planted the dictionary.
We're not talking here about all the other evidence, so that's all my comment is about, just the dictionary.

No matter what other errors they made, they certainly would not have needed to look up the word incest. That was some stager's extremely stupid slip-up. That one thing for sure was staged by someone else.
Has it been written or said anywhere else that the dictionary pic fell out? The only thing I can find is in ST's 'JonBenet',p. 263:

"Then,while reveiwing a list of book titles from the Ramsey home at the request of Don Foster,I dug out the polaroid photographs from the Evidence Room.Using magnifying glasses,Pat Peck and I compared the titles on the list with what the pictures showed.Entire shelves of books had been overlooked.
When we checked the photos from a big manila envelope marked as evidence item #85KKY,I almost fell out of my chair,and Peck inhaled a sharp surprise.A picture showed Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary on a coffee table in the first floor study,the corner of the lower left-hand page sharply creased and pointing like an arrow to the word incest.Somebody had apparently been looking for a definition of sexual contact between family members.
Ever so slowly,our accumulated circumstantial evidence grew."

It sounds like Steve Thomas didn't think it was planted.

If it was,as far as it pointing to Don Foster as being the one that planted it,he only requested that certain books be looked into;I take that as read or peruse through them to see if the R's could have gotten any criminal info out of them.Steve Thomas himself says it was his idea to get the evidence out, and he had to dig for it and use a magnifying glass at that.

Maybe this is a dumb thing to say, but what if Burke heard his mom and dad say the word incest and went and looked up what it meant?

Bellgardin said:
Maybe this is a dumb thing to say, but what if Burke heard his mom and dad say the word incest and went and looked up what it meant?
That's a possibility, but would he have creased the page to point like an arrow to the word?

-Tea

I don't really have any idea. I just thought that maybe he might have heard them say the word, and then looked it up because back then he probably wouldn't have known what it meant. Maybe someone walked in and he just creased it and didn't want his parents to know he was looking it up or heard them talking about it. I just know that sometimes in cases people think things are clues that they spend forever trying to figure out when in fact they are just odd things that happened or are coincidences.

Or, if you want to go really far out there, maybe the R's did it hoping investigators would find it and think that it pointed to someone trying to frame them or whatever. I have no idea. It was just a thought that I had, sorry.

Bellgardin said:

This really is a possibility.

JMO8778 said:
Has it been written or said anywhere else that the dictionary pic fell out? The only thing I can find is in ST's 'JonBenet',p. 263:

"Then,while reveiwing a list of book titles from the Ramsey home at the request of Don Foster,I dug out the polaroid photographs from the Evidence Room.Using magnifying glasses,Pat Peck and I compared the titles on the list with what the pictures showed.Entire shelves of books had been overlooked.
When we checked the photos from a big manila envelope marked as evidence item #85KKY,I almost fell out of my chair,and Peck inhaled a sharp surprise.A picture showed Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary on a coffee table in the first floor study,the corner of the lower left-hand page sharply creased and pointing like an arrow to the word incest.Somebody had apparently been looking for a definition of sexual contact between family members.

You may be right, and I'm printing out your post to look it up later in my paperback version. But even if Burke were looking it up, and suddenly had to close the book because someone was coming, I rather doubt he would make such a bold dogear. In fact, in the picture, wasn't the dictionary still open? But of course I don't claim to be any authority on the subject. Especially if I can't find the text in my version. He had to use a magnifying glass to see that it was a dogeared dictionary and could read the words in the picture? Hm.....Has anyone ever taken a polaroid picture of a book such as a dictionary to see if the words could be read with a 400X or 800X magnifier?

Eagle1 said:
JMO8778 said:

You may be right, and I'm printing out your post to look it up later in my paperback version. But even if Burke were looking it up, and suddenly had to close the book because someone was coming, I rather doubt he would make such a bold dogear. In fact, in the picture, wasn't the dictionary still open? But of course I don't claim to be any authority on the subject. Especially if I can't find the text in my version. He had to use a magnifying glass to see that it was a dogeared dictionary and could read the words in the picture? Hm.....Has anyone ever taken a polaroid picture of a book such as a dictionary to see if the words could be read with a 400X or 800X magnifier?
I guess it would depend on how far away from the dictionary the pic was taken,and what level of magnification was used? Also,how large is the print ? Didn't JR say he stopped flying due to cataracts or something?He may have had one of those large print dictionaries.

One time I remember we figured out exactly how many pages difference there was between the hardback and the paperback. Was it about 35? I can't remember how many now.

You sure this about the dictionary is even in the paperback, guys? I've gone all the way back to ch 23 with a magnifying glass.

I only have the hardback and it's on p. 263.
I recalled posts in the past that referred to the dict. pic being 'planted' on top,and then falling out when it was opened by ST..but I didn't recall reading it that way,that's why I looked it up.
Maybe it's just something ppl thought happened? Everything's open to speculation of course,it just doesn't sound like ST thought it was planted.(IMO,I don't either).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back