Conincidences Abound

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The dictionary picture didn't prove anything, so why would ST and the other guy be so surprized they'd gasp and all that? If it was there all along and nobody else on the force had thought it was important, did these two momentarily think it was important?

IOW, to me it seems the only reason it would be important enough to mention would be if they suspected some cop had planted it. You may be right of course, but I just don't see why it would cause gasping or anything. It just seems too obviously planted there to suggest the word INCEST as if nobody would have thought of it without the picture. Whoever put it there didn't know at the time that the autopsy would show the enlarged hymen, etc.

As Scandi said in another thread, Karr and others may have been sitting on the back row with coats on their laps when JonBenet was in that pageant in or near Atlanta. The "shabby" bear resembled his childhood bear he'd kept, and could very well show that he was either in Boulder or knew someone who was, who may have delivered it to JonBenet for him.

If there were a group of pedo's, they may have known there was going to be a light snow that would cover their footprints outside, or may have stayed on the dry concrete, and they may have ALL carefully checked that they were leaving no evidence except that dictionary. I'm thinking they could have been with one of them who either lived in Boulder or had visited the family, and was at the party on the 23rd, either invited or sneaked in. The Barnhills' boarder crashed the party, saying dogs were barking and he got nervous. Could be he was telling the truth. Or maybe not. We may never know.

I looked up pg 263 of course, but there are several pages difference in the paperback and the hardback, so I can't find the passage in my version. I wanted to see if there was any more about it.

At first ST may not have thought the dictionary was planted, and the picture of it, but I'm sure he came to realize that if it was anything important, other officers would have noticed. If it proved anything, which it did not. To me it proves someone did it who was not involved in incest but wanted to make it look like someone in the family was.

I did find in my book where they said, even if Patsy wrote the note, it doesn't mean you could prove in court that she was the murderer. Now we know Karr's 20-yrs earlier handwriting matches, maybe better than hers. Round and round we go.

Thanks Eagle 1-I am new!!! I have been reading on this site for a long time, but finally decided to register and I'm very glad I did.

This case is so confusing, I just think that it's possible the R's deliberately did and said things that made no sense in order to help along their IDI story. That way they could point at all of the inconsistencies and say, "Why would we do that"? I know that on some true crime shows that I've seen (Forensic Files, etc...), when they show cases and investigators and the case is all said and done, sometimes there are things that they thought were very important clues in the beginning that either turn out to be nothing (just a coincidence or just plain not what they thought it was) or was planted to lead investigators elsewhere.

Or, maybe Burke does know what really happened and left it intentionally as a clue? This case really makes my head hurt and it makes me sad that there is still no justice for JonBenet.

Everyone have a great New Year!

It's certainly possible that some decoy clues were planted.

Either by the couple or by any number of very silent intruders, one or more possibly even a member of the BPD, who would know what all to check as they were leaving, so there'd be "no evidence of an intruder", and who very well COULD have taken the dictionary picture, made the dog-ear and all, had access to the BPD evidence folder.

Some say ST didn't seem to think that picture was planted. Then why was he so surprised? Didn't he say he or the other guy gasped? You're saying he fell for the old plant evidence trick, at least momentarily? I for one just do not think so. I think their surprize was because the trickery was so obvious, and was such a clue that someone besides family were involved. I'm not excusing the family, of course, for all their goofups. I freely acknowledge their behavior was strange, but their behavior is not the only strange behavior or circumstance.

There was, for one example, McReynolds' Celtic harp with the notches for dead little "friends". Our sources haven't said whether or not he could play the harp, but why else would he keep one, unless it was being used in some ceremony or something? How many men do you know, pedo or otherwise, who'd keep notches for dead children on anything they owned? That's way more strange than anything about the cornered Ramseys, imo. How many do you know who'd visit pediatric wards and play a Celtic harp for the dying children? Not very likely, right? Unusual to say the least.

The friends COULD have been experimenting with combining all kinds of cult activities, resurrecting some ancient ones, for all we know. If it's strange that PR was still dressed the next morning, so were all the friends they claimed to have called to come over so early, probably. Maybe they'd all been there all night! We haven't gotten a straight story from anyone yet, right? We have to go creative ourselves, and need to expand into all directions, which wouldn't exclude the sitting duck family. The others all abandoned them, and please, I don't want to hear "They were slinging mud" ad nauseum again. They were asked if there was anyone they'd suspect, and probably knew the friends were going to scatter and leave them to fend for themselves.

JR's "I'm so sorry" may have referred to his letting these weird games go on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back