Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give an update on which guns AL brought to the school, and which ones he actually used? I hear conflicting reports.

Can someone give an update on which guns AL brought to the school, and which ones he actually used? I hear conflicting reports.

Everything I've read Lanza had on him in the school 2 handguns, a ton of ammo, an assault rifle ....in Lanza's car they found another rifle and tons more ammo

The rifle he used was so powerful some bullets went through the walls and pinged off cars in the parking lot

Al entered the school carrying a Bushmaster XM-15 rifle, a 10mm Glock 20 SF handgun and a 9mm SIG Sauer handgun. Another long gun was found in the trunk of the car he drove to the school and several other firearms in his home.

The 26 victims at Sandy Hook were all shot with the Bushmaster rifle. AL's mother was killed with a .22 Marlin rifle that was left at his home. At the end of the shooting spree, AL used one of the handguns to commit suicide.

I know where you're thinking. But I beleive a trained security guard, maybe a retired LE officer working part time security could've shot Lanza

Lanza did not have body armor, he wore a hunting type vest, and black clothes, ski mask

IMHO a security officer could've shot & killed Lanza. Where I live in Cincinnati, OH we have several retired LE officers working security. They wear flak jackets with kevlar body armor and are fully equipped with a gun, taser, and the proper communications devices to instantly contact first responders LE officers for help

The liberals and liberal lawyers of America take away school prayer, monuments of the Ten Commandmants, and many other American pillars of our beliefs, so maybe those same wacky liberals ought to be jumping on the security bandwagons and actually make something good happen to improve security and not just come up with plans, laws that give the illusion of better security

I agree. Contrary to Mayor Bloomberg of NY's view, I think arming retired police officers to safeguard schools is a good idea in light of these mass school shootings. Incidentally, I have heard that police officers have one of the highest mortality rate upon retirement; that many get depressed and don't live long after they retired. I think this would give retired police officers a purpose.

Al entered the school carrying a Bushmaster XM-15 rifle, a 10mm Glock 20 SF handgun and a 9mm SIG Sauer handgun. Another long gun was found in the trunk of the car he drove to the school and several other firearms in his home.

The 26 victims at Sandy Hook were all shot with the Bushmaster rifle. AL's mother was killed with a .22 Marlin rifle that was left at his home. At the end of the shooting spree, AL used one of the handguns to commit suicide.
Thanks FW.
Here is a link for most of your information.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connecticut-lanza-guns/index.html

Can you link up the information about the weapon used on his mother? Thanks.

Yea, they are a bunch of games based off of medieval China. Basically involves swords and stuff like that (third person I believe). They are all rated T for Teen.

Dynasty Warriors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a very fun series, but nothing at all like the first person shooter games. In fact, I don't believe there are any guns in the game. All sorts of blades and oriental weapons. If AL had gone to the school with a pair of scimitars, then I might agree that DW was to blame. :floorlaugh:

ETA: None of the versions I played were online. In fact, I think they were single player on the PS2.

The long gun in the trunk is reported to be a shotgun.

CBS News has reported that Adam Lanza had a Saiga shotgun in the trunk of the car he drove to the school - the only one of four guns he possessed that he did not bring inside.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57560612/newtown-parents-reject-nra-plan/

CBS is the only major media outlet I've found that is reporting the particular make of the shotgun.

I've read other identifications of the make based on visuals from video when the long gun was removed from the trunk.

I haven't seen any official identification of the long gun in the trunk as a Saiga shotgun.

True but even a few minutes could have been the difference between life and death.IIRC A teacher who was behind a locked door said the gunman tried her door it was locked and he moved on.That locked doors saved that teacher and her students.If every door were locked it might have saved lives and it would be horrible if it is true that some teachers did not have a key to lock the doors.

At my school where I teach, lockdowns are practiced so many times per year (I forget how many) During these drills the teacher must lock and close the door, cover the window in the door, gather the children and huddle them into their planned spot and pray that everyone cooperates, close the window coverings, shut off the lights and calm the children to remain silent. This all must take place in a very rushed few seconds. This is a very stressful time, even when it is a practice.

From my practices prior to Dec 14th, when it was announced over the intercom that we were in lockdown mode, I never had my key readily available. I usually wear it around my neck, however the past 2 times we had a drill, I took the key off from around my neck as it was in the way of an activity that I was doing with the kids. I placed it on my desk. During the mad rush of when the drill was announced, I forgot where I placed it and had to scramble to find it. I realize now, how important these few seconds are!!!!

Since Dec 14th I have changed things in my classroom, I now always keep our classroom door locked at all times, this saves the time of finding my key and getting that door locked. I taped black construction paper on the door window and leave it there permanently. We used to huddle behind my desk in the corner, I realize now that this spot is not good enough. I cleaned out a walk in closet to make room for the class to squeeze into. These actions done permanently will save me a few seconds and give me more time to calm the children and move them into the closet. I just hope I can be as calm as some of the teachers that we have read about from Sandy Hook. Just from reading the tidbits in the media....I have learned alot!!!!!

I agree. Contrary to Mayor Bloomberg of NY's view, I think arming retired police officers to safeguard schools is a good idea in light of these mass school shootings. Incidentally, I have heard that police officers have one of the highest mortality rate upon retirement; that many get depressed and don't live long after they retired. I think this would give retired police officers a purpose.

I'd be curious to know who would foot the bill on arming the thousands of schools in this country. I also don't think doing that prevents something like this from happening.

Father claims Connecticut shooter's body

Person who claims Adam Lanza's body asks to remain anonymous

Author: By CNN Staff

Published On: Dec 31 2012 09:13:44 AM EST Updated On: Dec 31 2012 10:39:15 AM EST

(CNN) -
The father of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza claimed his body last week, a family spokesman said.

Peter Lanza claimed the body Thursday, spokesman Errol Cockfield said. He declined to specify where the body would be buried...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...body/-/1719418/17954778/-/n3xu7v/-/index.html

I'd be curious to know who would foot the bill on arming the thousands of schools in this country. I also don't think doing that prevents something like this from happening.

I agree, a security guard could have been AL's victim #2 and still carryed on with his plan.

Exactly. And Columbine did have an armed guard, little good did that do.

I would love those suing to look in the face of Emilie Parker's dad and explain to HIM their reasons for suing. I imagine he would have some pretty profound things to say about that!

Why are you so certain that the Parkers won't file their own lawsuit?

Those who have filed the lawsuit are parents of traumatized children. All of the parents, including the Parkers, are facing YEARS ahead with their families needing counseling and whatever else. Do you think the parents should have to pay out of their own pocket?

JMO

I don't think it would prevent it either. In fact, I think it's a ridiculous idea.

Putting armed police officers in all Sacramento schools would cost over $80 million a year

Putting a police officer in every school at those rates would cost between $83 million and $106 million annually. That's significantly more than the entire, annual general fund budget for the Rocklin Unified School District, which educates about 11,000 students. It's also enough to pay the salary of every teacher in Twin Rivers Unified, a district with 27,000 students.
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/21/5071525/analysis-putting-armed-police.html

An official in Tulsa mentioned $3 million yearly, city-wide, as the cost for an armed guard at each public school. I think that underestimates matters by a huge amount. One also has to take into account the number of students, layout of the campus, and number of extra-curricular activities - at least one athletic event very nearly nightly. Clearly, more than one armed guard would be needed for the school year for many of the campuses of K-12 schools in the U.S.

Public K-12 schools: 98,706. (There are 132,656 K-12 schools in the U.S., public and private.)

http://www.edreform.com/2012/04/k-12-facts/

Thanks FW.
Here is a link for most of your information.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connecticut-lanza-guns/index.html

Can you link up the information about the weapon used on his mother? Thanks.

The weapons found at the shooters home are identified here. http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/15/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html This article mentions that his mother died from four shots from a .22 rifle. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/evidence-suggests-sandy-hook-shooter-lanza-intended-carnage-article-1.1221628

The problem with putting armed security at all schools is that's all nice talk until the first incident where people die in a place (school or otherwise) where there was armed security, then the conversation shifts to 'why are we paying for armed security when it couldn't prevent this thing'.

My thought is unless this country becomes some sort of police state, where you have security armed with rifles at every single public place you can think of, there will never be prevention against this sort of thing. Someone who had it in their head to cause destruction and terror will find a way.

Columbine HS actually had 2 armed security people at their school. While one of them was writing a ticket or something when the actual assault started, he quickly responded. Neither of the two were able to get a good shot at the shooters.

I think the first person a killer will aim for is the armed security guard. The only way the guard has a shot is if the killer doesn't have body armor on and he gets a shot in from behind. Seems very unlikely. jmo

Referring to songline's post :
I think it would be wise to bury the shooter in an unmarked grave --- otherwise people will either desecrate it, or weirdos will make a shrine out of it.
jmo and all that

(I really need to make a siggy)
BTW, everyone have a fun, safe, and HAPPY NEW YEARS !!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads