Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Among them:

Item #71 - Receipts and emails documenting firearm/ammunition and shooting supplies.

Item #81 Paperwork titled, "Conncticut Gun Exchange, Glock 20SF 10mm FS 15 round FC," dated 12/21/11

Item #83 - Email re: Gunbroker.com dated 10-12-11.

Item #85 - Printed photographs, misc. handwritten papers, and Sandy Hook report card for Adam Lanza

Item #86 - "Look me in the eye - My life with Asbergers" book, "Born on a blue day - inside the mind of an Autistic Savant" book, "NRA guide to the basics of pistol shooting" book.

http://www.freep.com/article/201303...wtown-shooter-killed-victims-within-5-minutes

Investigators found a gun safe belonging to Nancy Lanza, the shooter's mother, open and with no evidence that it had been broken into. In one warrant, there is also a reference to a gun safe in Adam Lanza's bedroom, along with a smashed computer hard drive and gaming console.

Police found three photographs of a dead person covered in plastic and blood. The warrants do not indicate whether authorities know the identity of the person.

[State's Attorney Stephen] Sedensky also released a report Thursday indicating that he has ordered state police to stop releasing information.

The biggest leak came two weeks ago when Col. Danny Stebbins attended a conference and told a group of police chiefs that investigators found a 4-foot by 7-foot spreadsheet with a detailed listing of mass murderers, including how many they had killed and what weapons they had used.

There is no mention of a spreadsheet in the warrant. There is an indication that investigators found an article pertaining to a shooting at Northern Illinois University.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-newtown-search-warrants-20130327-1,0,5171609.story

From Sedensky's statement:

The released search warrants were obtained on December 14, 15, 16, 2012, within a short time of the shootings. Subsequent investigation revealed that shootings took place in two of the classrooms, not three, and that the shooter was not wearing a bullet-proof vest, nor was he a teenager. Paragraph 5 of the December 16, 2012, warrant contains excess verbiage that was the result of incorporating information from prior search warrants. Finally, page numbers on returns do not necessarily follow the page listed before them as the returns are prepared after the warrant has been executed. The officer filling out the return may have used different equipment for the form which may result in discrepancies in the page numbering for the returns.

Ugh...oh, yeah, Merry Christmas.
"A recovered holiday card from Nancy Lanza to Adam Lanza contained a Bank of America check made out to him for the purchase of a C183 firearm."
So, it doesn't look like he broke into the gun locker at all AND he had his own gun locker along with a military style uniform (along with eye protection, etc.)
"The guns use in the shooting were apparently all purchased by Nancy Lanza. The gun locker at the Lanza home was open when police arrived, according to authorities. It was unlocked and there was no indication that it had been broken into."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/newtown-gunman-arsenal-pistols-shotguns-hatchets-knives/story?id=18829900

Arsenal of weapons found in Newtown gunman's home

JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN, AP
30 minutes ago

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — An arsenal of weapons including guns, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, a bayonet and several swords was found in the home and car of the gunman who carried out the Newtown school shooting, according to search warrants released Thursday.

Adam Lanza killed 26 people inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and took his own life within five minutes of shooting his way into the building, State's Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky III said in a statement accompanying the release of the warrants in the Dec. 14 massacre. Lanza was found dead in the school wearing military-style clothing.

The extensive inventory of the evidence seized from Lanza's home and the car he drove to carry out the massacre provided glimpses into the world of the reclusive gunman. Prosecutors until now had made few details available, despite pressure to do so from the governor, who criticized leaks to the press and lawmakers who clamored for more details as they craft legislation on mental health and gun control...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130328/US--Connecticut.School.Shooting/?

I don't understand why a mother would give her emotionally disturbed son firearms. She knew he had problems that were more than him just being quiet and a recluse. Can you imagine the firestorm that would come down on her if she was still alive? Those Columbine shooter parents wouldn't have anything on how she would be attacked.

I don't understand why a mother would give her emotionally disturbed son firearms. She knew he had problems that were more than him just being quiet and a recluse. Can you imagine the firestorm that would come down on her if she was still alive? Those Columbine shooter parents wouldn't have anything on how she would be attacked.
I think the people of Newtown already "voiced" their opinion of this by the memorials.

EVERY memorial that I've seen is only for 26. 26 Xmas trees, 26 angels, 26 crosses, etc.

NL was the 27th victim - but, it seems, the people closest to this don't believe it.

JMHO

Not only firearms but tons of them, more as Christmas presents, and other stuff that had to have cost a lot of dollars over the years all related to guns/knives/killing/etc. I even wondered about the one book ... ah, never mind, I'm just even more upset now than before and I think there are two people directly responsible for these murders. No one should be buying guns and then giving them to someone else, let alone a whole arsenal of them.

Guns, knives, ammo and gear: Adam Lanza's massive arsenal

Updated 1 hour ago

Search warrants released Thursday laid bare the extent of Newtown school massacre suspect Adam Lanza's arsenal. Here is a catalog of the weaponry found at the school where 20 children and six staffers were killed and at the home he shared with his mother, who was also murdered: (click on Spoiler below to view)

At the school:

1 Bushmaster .223 caliber model XM15 rifle with a 30-round magazine

1 Glock 10mm handgun

1 9mm Sig Sauer P226 handgun

1 Saiga 12 shotgun with two magazines containing 70 rounds

6 30-round magazines, three of them emptied

At the home:

Guns:

1 Enfield Albian bolt-action .323 rifle

1 Savage Mark II .22 caliber rifle with magazine, 3 live rounds, 1 spent cartridge

1 black marksman BB gun

Ammunition:

5 Winchester 12-gauge shotgun shells cut open, with buckshot

1 white plastic bag with 30 Winchester 12-gauge shotgun shells

1 can with .22 caliber and .45 caliber bullets

8 boxes of Winchester Windcat .22 caliber bullets, 50 rounds per box

20 "Estate" 12-gauge shotgun shells

4 boxes of SB buckshot 12-gauge, 10 round per box

1 box of Lightfield 12-gauge slugs

1 box of 20 Prvi Partizan 303 British rifle cartridges

1 box of 20 Federal 303 British rifle cartridges

2 boxes of .22 long rifle Blazer rounds, 50 each box

1 box with numerous rounds of Winchester .45 caliber bullets

2 boxes of 50 rounds of PPU .45 caliber automatic

1 box of 20 rounds for Remington .223 caliber

3 boxes of Blazer 40 S&W, 50 rounds each

2 boxes of Winchester 5.56 mm, 20 rounds each

1 box of Magtech 45ACP with 30 rounds

1 empty Box of SSA 5.56 mm

1 box of Fiocchi .45 auto with 48 rounds

80 rounds of CCI .22 long rifle

6 boxes of PMC .223 rem, 20 rounds each

6 Winchester 9 pellet buckshot shells, 12-gauge

2 Remington 12-gauge slugs

3 Winchester .223 rifle rounds

31 .22 caliber rounds

2 boxes of Underwood 10 mm auto, each with 50 rounds

130 rounds of Lawman 9mm Luger

2 spent shell casings for Glock 10mm

1 empty box of Gold Dot 9mm Luger

2 empty boxes of Winchester 9mm Luger

1 box of Underwood 10mm auto with 34 rounds

1 box of 29 miscellaneous 9mm rounds

1 spent .22 shell casing

1 small plastic bag containing numerous .22 caliber bullets

1 tan bag with numerous Blazer .45 caliber bullets

1 box of Blazer .22 long rifle with 50 rounds

1 box PPU 303 British cartridges with 9 rounds

2 Winchester 9mm rounds

2 brass-colored shell casings

1 small caliber bullet (live round) labeled C

Magazines:

1 Promag 20-round 12-gauge drum magazine

1 MD Arms 20-round 12 gauge drum magazine

3 AGP Arms 12-gauge shotgun magazines

1 Surefire GunMag magazine with 8 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge, 9-pellet buckshot

2 AGP Arms 12-gauge shotgun magazines, taped together, each with 10 rounds of Winchester 9-pellet buckshot

2 empty Ram Line magazines for Ruger 10-22

1 AGP Arms Gen 2 12-gauge shotgun magazine with 10 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge, 9-pellet buckshot

1 clear plastic Ramline magazine for an AR 15

1 magazine with 10 rounds of .223 bullets

Knives:

Metal bayonet

1 6-foot-10-inch wood-handled two-sided pole with a blade on one side and a spear on the other

1 Samurai sword with a 28-inch blade and sheath

1 Samurai sword with a 21-inch blade and a sheath

1 Samurai sword with a 13-inch blade and sheath

1 knife with a 12-inch blade and sheath

1 wooden-handle knife with a 7.5-inch blade and sheath

1 wooden-handle knife with a 10-inch blade

1 knife with a 5.5-inch blade and sheath

1 black-handled knife with a 7-inch blade and sheath

1 black rubber-handled knife with 9.5-inch blade and sheath

1 white and brown-handled knife with 5-inch blade and sheath

1 brown wood-handled knife with a 10.25-inch blade

1 Panther brown-handled folding knife with a 3.75 inch blade

1 small blue folding knife

Gear:

1 Volcanic .22 starter pistol wth 5 live rounds and 1 expended round

Leightning L3 ear protection

Peltor ear plugs

Simmons binoculars

Uncle Mike's Sidekick nylon holster

Box for vest accessories

Leather dual magazine holder

Black leather handgun holster

High Sierra fanny pack

Numerous paper targets

1 cardboard targets

1 Bushnell sport view rifle scope

Plastic bag of miscellaneous parts

Safariland holster paperwork

Glock handgun manual

MD-20 20-round shotgun magazine manual

MD Arms V-Plug guide

Bushmaster XM15 and C15 instruction manual

Savage Arms bolt-action rifle manual

Glock paperwork

Miscellaneous:

Adam Lanza's National Rifle Association certificate

Nancy Lanza's NRA certificate

Three photographs with images of what appear to be a deceased human covered with plastic and what appears to be blood

Holiday card with a check from Nancy Lanza to Adam Lanza for purchase of C183 firearm

1 digital print of a child and various fireaems

1 military-style uniform

Handwritten notes with addresses of local gun shops

Receipts and emails documenting firearm and ammunition supplies

Blue folder labeled “guns” with receipts and paperwork

Paperwork titled "Connecticut Gun Exchange Glock 20SF 10mm" dated 12-21-11

Sandy Hook report card for Adam Lanza

New York Times article on a 2008 shooting at Northern Illinois Unversity

Books: “Look me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger’s;” “Born on a Blue Day: Inside the Mind of an Autistic Savant;” “NRA Guide to Basics of Pistol Shooting;” “Train Your Brain to Get Happy”

1 Seagate Barracuda 500gb hard drive, damaged

1 custom-built desktop computer, no hard drive

1 Microsoft Xbox with partially obliterated serial number

One cotton swab of blood-like substance

1 tan sheet with blood-like substance

1 tan fitted sheet with blood-like substance

1 striped towel with blood-like substance
Source: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ves-ammo-and-gear-adam-lanzas-massive-arsenal

Christina Wilkie
christina.wilkie@huffingtonpost.com

NRA Confirms Adam Lanza, Nancy Lanza Were Not Members, Despite Certificates

Posted: 03/28/2013 2:08 pm EDT | Updated: 03/28/2013 2:37 pm EDT

r-NRA-ADAM-LANZA-large570.jpg

The National Rifle Association executive vice president Wayne LaPierre pauses as he makes a statement during a news conference in response to the Connecticut school shooting, on Friday, Dec. 21, 2012 in Washington. The National Rifle Association broke its silence Friday on last week's shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school that left 26 children and staff dead. (AP Photo/ Evan Vucci)

WASHINGTON -- The National Rifle Association on Thursday addressed for the first time the question of whether Adam Lanza or his mother, Nancy Lanza, were ever members of the gun rights group. The answer, the NRA said, is no. The lobbying organization made the statement after it was revealed that police had discovered NRA certificates among Lanza's possessions.

In a sharply worded statement, the NRA said, "There is no record of a member relationship between Newtown killer Adam Lanza, nor between Nancy Lanza, A. Lanza or N. Lanza with the National Rifle Association. Reporting to the contrary is reckless, false and defamatory."

The statement came in response to the release Thursday of search warrants from the home of Adam Lanza, the man responsible for the shooting deaths of 26 people in December at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/nra-confirms-it-has-no-re_n_2972762.html

LOL ... :facepalm:
MILLER: Hey Piers Morgan, Adam Lanza was not a NRA member

Certificates given for safety and training courses

By Emily Miller, The Washington Times, Thursday, March 28, 2013

britain-phone-hacking_lea_s800x509.jpg

The terrible murderer of children and teachers in Newtown, Conn., Adam Lanza, was not a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) despite the media reports.

In the search warrants of the Lanza’s mother’s house, it showed a receipt for a shooting range along with a NRA certificates for both Adam and Nancy Lanza. These are given when a person takes a course in gun safety or training by an NRA-certified instructor.

The police also list a handbook published by the NRA. The book covers topics include safely using a pistol safely, shooting fundamentals, cleaning, storage and transportation.

CNN host Piers Morgan who is rabidly anti-gun, took these harmless pieces of evidence to insinuate the NRA is somehow complicit in the horrific crime.

The British host of “Piers Morgan Tonight” tweeted: “BREAKING NEWS: Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza had @NRA certificate and book called: “‘NRA guide to the basics of pistol shooting’”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/28/miller-hey-piers-morgan-adam-lanza-was-not-nra-mem/
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Not only firearms but tons of them, more as Christmas presents, and other stuff that had to have cost a lot of dollars over the years all related to guns/knives/killing/etc. I even wondered about the one book ... ah, never mind, I'm just even more upset now than before and I think there are two people directly responsible for these murders. No one should be buying guns and then giving them to someone else, let alone a whole arsenal of them.

I've tried to sympathize with NL this entire time... I was hoping that she had a few guns (maybe a handful at most), gun safes, etc. and that somehow AL got through her security measures. After reading the report though... If I was one of the families who lost a loved one, I would be so angry. Actually angry wouldn't even begin to describe how I would feel. All those children, those teachers, dead because NL catered to AL. :furious:

Any word on if any of the families have filed a suit against her estate?

I've tried to sympathize with NL this entire time... I was hoping that she had a few guns (maybe a handful at most), gun safes, etc. and that somehow AL got through her security measures. After reading the report though... If I was one of the families who lost a loved one, I would be so angry. Actually angry wouldn't even begin to describe how I would feel. All those children, those teachers, dead because NL catered to AL. :furious:

Any word on if any of the families have filed a suit against her estate?

I can't imagine how Adam's father must feel, too. Sick and sad, all around.

As a parent of an Aspergers child, it is common for them to develop intense interests in things, and yes, I usually indulge him in whatever it is. Whether legos, geography or severe weather patterns, it is a way to cut into their solitude...but I'd think any rational person would draw the line at automatic rifles & swords. Not to say that Aspergers kids are apt to extreme violence. But his fixations on violence & mass killings should not have been unknown to her.

RSBM --

With respect, I think that saying 'NL catered to AL' minimizes the depth of her responsibility.

Oh I was just too angry to put what I was really thinking in to words and I wasn't sure what the rules are about speaking too ill about her.

If Adam Lanza had been part of a junior NRA rifle club, could Sandy Hook shooting been avoided?

• by Gursant Singh
• 4 hours ago

Published on Mar 28, 2013

If Adam Lanza had been part of a junior marksmanship program rather than a home "shut-in gamer", parent supervisors with his rifle team would have recognized Adam's problems and the shooting at Sandy Hook elementary school would have been avoided. Team work and comradeship are so important which teaches young people invaluable life skills. This shows again that guns themselves aren't the problem here.

Read more at the Source ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member