Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worrying how estranged AL was from his brother and father (seemingly). I wonder the reasoning behind it.

I just want to say that this shooting has changed me. I think about it EVERY DAY. Every day. I have not been able to bring myself to look at all of the children's pictures, or know all of their names. I only know a few.

I think about the parents, and want so badly to reach out to them and somehow ease their pain. I have been following Alyssa Parker's blog. Earlier today, I watched the youtube clip of Robbie throwing out the first pitch at the Texas Rangers game. The family is incredibly brave.

There is no making sense of this, other than to cling to the hope that heaven is simply a better place than earth. But then what does that mean? That we all need to look forward to death? Maybe so. Maybe that's the paradox of life, and what we as human beings cannot grasp.

The shooting incident not only devastated families and an entire community. It also changed the lives of the surviving children forever. These children have bright futures ahead of them. I hope and pray for the best for them, and I thank God that we've seen the very best in people, who have provided shoulders to lean on, since the tragedy.

I had to get that out of my system.

College ID shows eerie photo of Newtown killer

Records detail Adam Lanza's coursework at Connecticut college four years before massacre.

Apr. 16, 2013 8:47 AM

Western Connecticut State University records cover Lanza's brief tenure between the summer of 2008 and spring of 2009, after he had completed high school early, WVIT-TV reported.

The records show that in 2008, Lanza earned an A and an A-minus in two computer science classes, dropped a third computer class, and got a C in a philosophy class — "Introduction to Ethical Theory."

In 2009, he took a German language course and American history. He got an A-minus in history, but no grade was recorded for German.

After the December massacre, the college registrar asked the professor to enter a grade, NBC News says.

Read more: http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...9/College-ID-shows-eerie-photo-Newtown-killer

From the post above:

"In 2009, he took a German language course and American history. He got an A-minus in history, but no grade was recorded for German."

"After the December massacre, the college registrar asked the professor to enter a grade."

------

BBM

WTF... :rolleyes:

I wonder what the reason was for AL taking German language course in University...

I wonder if he, maybe, liked Nazis... and wanted to know their "original" language .. or something like that... :facepalm:

Only a speculation of course..... :rolleyes:

Adam Lanza, Newtown Killer, Was Abused At Sandy Hook Elementary By Classmates: Family Member

Posted: 04/16/2013 1:53 pm EDT

( ... )

Lanza shot his mother in their Connecticut home before slaying 20 first-graders and six staff members of Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14, 2012. He then committed suicide.

It's been previously reported that Lanza may have been influenced by other mass shootings. The Newtown shooter apparently kept a huge, meticulously detailed spreadsheet of other mass murders and attempted killings.

But while potential motives for Lanza's massacre continue to trickle in, authorities have kept mum on the topic while the investigation, which could last through the summer, continues.

The AP reported in March:
If it's possible to determine a motive for the massacre, there may be clues in Adam Lanza's journals, which state police seized from the house and turned over to the FBI for analysis. But authorities say that so far no conclusions have been reached.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/adam-lanza-abused-sandy-hook_n_3086468.html

Adam Lanza bullied as student at Sandy Hook, his mother considered suing

Adam Lanza bullied? While a student at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., Adam Lanza was bullied, a family member told the New York Daily News. Lanza killed 20 students and six staff members at the school in December.

By Andrew Averill, Correspondent / April 17, 2013

According to The News:

"The relative said Adam Lanza never seemed emotionally right after his time in Sandy Hook. Nancy Lanza switched him to another school after sixth grade.

'He was a sick boy,' the relative told The News."

The Christian Science Monitor’s Modern Parenthood blog has reported extensively on bullying in school:

Who bullied Lanza at Sandy Hook? The family member did not tell The News, but the Monitor’s top five myths about bullies can help to dispel any rash conclusions about the type of person Lanza’s bully or bullies were.

While Lanza never told his mother about his bullies, Modern Parenthood contributor Amy McKinnon’s son did. She heard all about the teasing and hitting and told her son he should hit back, but he said he wouldn’t. Her essay echoes how powerless a parent can feel when their child is a victim of bullying.

Contributor Deirdre Graves writes in “Bully watch: Raising a cowboy unafraid to wear blue nail polish” about raising a son to be different in a school system where the different ones seem to get bullied the most.

Read more: http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Cultur...ent-at-Sandy-Hook-his-mother-considered-suing

Lanza's Mom, not any gun law, was most responsible

Apr. 21, 2013 10:32 PM

http://www.delawareonline.com/artic.../Lanza-s-Mom-not-any-gun-law-most-responsible

Is there a law against keeping your guns locked up and not making them available to others for use? I'm not sure why a bigger deal isn't being made about this as far as gun control. How many times is it in the news that some kid uses their parents gun, even accidentally killing another kid. These parents should be charged with some crime. But I think it extends to anyone. If you buy a gun, you are responsible for it. Nancy certainly could afford gun locks or a nice, secure gun cabinet. Although she not only made them available, she seems to have encouraged Adam's violent tendencies. She knew he was disturbed, isolated, and basically obsessed with nothing else.

State fires medical examiner employee who reportedly showed husband Adam Lanza’s body

Jean Henry is accused of sneaking her husband into a Connecticut morgue two days after the Newtown shooter killed 26 at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The processing technician is accused of showing her husband Lanza's body on Dec. 16.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 10:27 AM

HARTFORD, Conn. — A Connecticut medical examiner's office employee accused of letting her husband see the body of the Newtown school shooter has been fired.

Chief Medical Examiner Dr. H. Wayne Carver, in a dismissal letter to Jean Henry released Friday, wrote that bringing her husband into the morgue in December violated the agency's ethical mission and showed "extremely poor judgment."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...wed-husband-adam-lanza-body-article-1.1328962

State Fires Worker Who Showed Lanza's Body To Her Husband At Morgue

April 26, 2013 | Jon Lender, Government Watch

Henry, a $55,910-a-year processing technician at the medical examiner's office in Farmington, had been placed on paid leave a few days after the Dec. 16 incident, pending an administrative investigation by state officials.

She is appealing the firing through a grievance procedure in which a state employees' union is representing her, said Chris DeFrancesco, a communications officer at the University of Connecticut Health Center, which handles human resources matters for Carver's office.

Henry declined comment Friday.

"Your actions … discredited this agency and the people we serve," Carver wrote. "Although you now indicate that this was not your intent, I cannot be confident that you will not repeat this or similar behavior in the future."

Sources have given the following account of the Dec. 16 episode that led to the firing: Henry and her husband entered the refrigerated room at the medical examiner's facility in which bodies are kept pending autopsies. It was the morning of the day when a postmortem later would be performed on Lanza. They went to the gurney where Lanza lay. Henry unzipped the bag so her husband could look at him, closed the bag, and then they left the room.

Read more: http://articles.courant.com/2013-04...0426_1_medical-examiner-adam-lanza-jean-henry

I think she should have been fired. But on the other hand I can sort of see why she would do it. Morally it was wrong and hopefully no one ever shows off my body to their spouse. I just think the strong range of emotions this incident brought out in people might have caused her to make a poor decision.
On a side note I think mental health people should seriously consider adding "crazy eyes" as a symptom of serious mental disorder. Look at the last three shooter's pictures. If I saw someone looking like any of them with their wild-eyed glare, I am getting the hell away from them. I do not think that is a criteria in the new DSM-V:eek: It should be

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

'I am Adam Lanza's mother' writer signs book deal

by Scott Stump, 8 minutes ago

6C7190254-nn_lh_momtoday_121216.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

Liza Long, the Idaho mom who wrote a compelling essay about her concerns regarding her mentally ill son in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, has signed a book deal to write about raising her son and navigating the mental health-care system.

Read more: http://www.today.com/books/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother-writer-signs-book-deal-6C9727461

Lift the gag order on Newtown’s Lanza case

By Stratford Star on May 2, 2013

To the Editor:

I think it is time for families of Sandy Hook victims to publicly call for Governor Malloy to lift his politically motivated gag order on State Police and others investigating the Sandy Hook massacre, release every available piece of information about Adam Lanza, and to do so, under oath, where the penalty of perjury would apply if anything was intentionally omitted.

I used to think it was absurd, bizarre, almost Kafkaesque for individual states and the Federal government to be passing laws and creating policies to deny 2nd and 4th amendment rights to people deemed mentally ill, because of Adam Lanza, WITHOUT ACTUALLY KNOWING A DAMN THING ABOUT ADAM LANZA.

Read more: http://www.stratfordstar.com/7665/lift-the-gag-order-on-newtowns-lanza-case/

Newtown board to mull plans for Sandy Hook school

Friday, May 03, 2013

Associated Press

8921554_448x252.jpg

A couple of volunteer firefighters place flowers at a makeshift memorial at a sign for the Sandy Hook Elementary school, Saturday, Dec. 15, 2012 in Sandy Hook village of Newtown, Conn. The massacre of 26 children and adults at Sandy Hook Elementary school elicited horror and soul-searching around the world even as it raised more basic questions about why the gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, would have been driven to such a crime and how he chose his victims. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Newtown officials are meeting to debate what to do with the Sandy Hook Elementary School building, where 20 first-graders and six educators were gunned down in a December massacre.

The Sandy Hook School Building Task Force, which meets Friday night, has narrowed the options down to two: renovating or rebuilding on the existing school site, or constructing a new school on nearby property. Whatever choice is made, a new or renovated school won't be ready by the start of the next school year.

The task force, which includes 28 local elected officials, may vote on a recommendation to the local school board or postpone a decision to another meeting on May 10.

Sandy Hook Elementary School hasn't housed students since the Dec. 14 killings. The 430 surviving students have been attending a renovated school in the neighboring town of Monroe that has been renamed Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Town residents have expressed mixed opinions on what should happen to the school building.

Read more: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=9089048

Newtown principal's kin will chain herself to school if it’s reopened

Erica Lafferty, daughter of slain Sandy Hook Elementary School principal Dawn Hochsprung, made the determined vow as a debate rages in Newtown as to what to do with the building

By Jennifer H. Cunningham AND Corky Siemaszko / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, May 3, 2013, 2:57 PM

The daughter of the slain principal of Sandy Hook Elementary School vowed Friday to chain herself to the building if officials in Newtown try to reopen it.

Erica Lafferty made her vow as the still-stunned Connecticut town braced for what was expected to be a spirited, wrenching debate over the fate of the school building, where the massacre happened in December.

“I will chain my body to it in protest if they try to reopen it,” Lafferty said on the Today show.

Lafferty’s mother, Dawn Hochsprung, was among the six staffers and 20 first-graders who were killed when deranged gunman Adam Lanza opened fire with a Bushmaster assault rifle.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/newtown-vic-relative-chain-vow-school-article-1.1334341

Connecticut lags in kids’ mental health screening

Published: Monday, May 06, 2013

By Lisa Chedekel, Conn. Health I-Team Writer

Selenia Velez remembers the near daily phone calls from the pre-school, alerting her that her 2-year-old son had acted out aggressively and needed to be picked up immediately.

The calls went on for months, as Velez, 27, of Hartford, and her husband bounced between the pre-school and their son’s pediatrician, who recommended that they take him to a psychiatrist for an evaluation. But the psychiatrist was booked and held them at bay, as Velez watched her son’s behavior deteriorate.

“We just felt hopeless,” the mother of four recalls of her oldest son, now 7. “It was one of the most heartbreaking things you can go through as a mother. I was scared of him – I just didn’t know what was going on – and no one had answers.”

Read more: http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2013/05/06/news/doc5187c7d8a1847946340188.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Medal Of Honor Society To Honor Newtown Educators

by The Associated Press, May 06, 2013, 11:25 AM

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — An organization composed of Medal of Honor recipients traveled to Newtown on Monday to honor the six educators killed in the December massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The Congressional Medal of Honor Society said it chose Rachel D'Avino, Dawn Hochsprung, Anne Marie Murphy, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach and Victoria Soto to receive its Citizen Honors Medal, the highest award it gives to a civilian, after receiving dozens of nominations for their actions during the shooting.

The women exemplified courage, sacrifice and selflessness in trying to protect students from gunman Adam Lanza, the society said in announcing the honor.

The organization also planned to honor every other member of the school's staff with a Certificate of Commendation.

Read more: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=181607110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member