Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Ryan Lanza mean that his brother is developmentally disabled?
Adam drove a car 80 miles into a heavy traffic area near NYC to kill his dad. Then he drove 80 miles back to the school. Adam may have been developmentally delayed, but his IQ couldn't have been in the MR range.

I am confused Matthew Keys tweet a pix of a RL being hand cuffed by Hoboken police
says WCBS-TV confirms it is RL.

Why is he in hand cuffs?

IMO, children that young should never be interviewed without their parents' permission, especially in circumstances like this.

Someone tweeted they did have their parents there with them.. they just shouldn't be interviewed full stop.

I recall the tragic Chicago school fire in December, 1958 when I was eight years old and attending a parochial school in Detroit. I remember watching news programs about the fire, and our teachers leading us in prayer following the tragic fire that claimed many lives. We also had multiple fire drills in the weeks following the devastating fire so that we had certain knowledge of how to evacuate our school in the event of a fire.

http://www.olafire.com/FireSummary.asp

Our Lady of Angels, another very tragic school incident where many perished. . The doors were locked preventing the students from getting out. Which later changed laws on keeping students locked in.

Years ago one of my neighbors was a student survivor of this fire. She shared with me her survivors guilt. Very very sad.

Kind of OT. Earlier today my son was late getting dismissed. 8 minutes late. Everyone was out and I was one of the last cars left in the parking lot. I went in to find him. His teacher said she just pushed him out the doors. Apparently he was in the bathroom, but today of all days to be late for dismissal. I just busted out in tears telling him why I was so worried.

:sigh: :cry: :rose:

I am confused Matthew Keys tweet a pix of a RL being hand cuffed by Hoboken police

Why is he in hand cuffs?

there's a post explaining it a page or so back, its standard procedure

My children's elementary school is pretty "OPEN" as well. There are gates around the majority of it, but the front of the school is wide open. I went to drop off school supplies and just out of curiousity waltzed around the school to see how long it would be before someone noticed. I walked through every building, the cafeteria, the playgrounds, etc... for more than 10 minutes and no one noticed. I stopped in the office to speak to the principle and informed her of my "experiment" to which she replied "we require that all vistors check in here first". :furious: I assumed that she was at a total loss for how to respond to a blatant demonstration of their lack of security. We went back and forth for a few minutes, before I was handed a copy of their security policy in the event to an emergency.

Long story short...I totally agree and have made several attempts at board meetings and such to get better security policies implemented at our schools. I hate to see our children taught in a prison like enviornment but I'd def rather them come home everyday!
Attend the school board meetings with lots of other worried parents and be very vocal. Demand that something be done to increase security. Run for a position on the school board.

Why is he in hand cuffs?
Can you post the tweet and the pic?

Updates from LE on CNN . . . Danbury hospital crisis intervention is being offered. Difficult process to confirm status of an entire elementary school - they are trying to do that. They will not confirm shooter's Mom was one of the teachers killed. Minutes after officers arrived they realized what a horrific scene they had. Officer Sinko did not have specific timelines. LE will come back in about one hour for one more briefing today and then schedule briefings for tomorrow.

Why is he in hand cuffs?

He was being questioned... probably just to be safe.

5PM Press Conference Notes

Lt. Paul Vance, Connecticut State Police.

Medical Examiner on scene. Process of determining ID of victims.

Families assigned a LE officer to assist in communication with families.

All assets immediately brought to the scene.

FBI crisis management responding tomorrow.

Horrific and difficult crime scene.

18 children pronounced dead on scene. 6 adults pronounced dead at the scene. 2 children transported to hospital and pronounced dead at hospital.

Bomb squad brought in if needed. Not used.

Tentative ID of shooter, LE will not release the ID of the shooter at this time because it would hinder the investigation.

Confirms 1 Shooter at School

Weapon's have been seized.

All Parents have been contacted and are being kept fully informed.

Positive Identification of all victims is underway at this time.

It is a difficult process to confirm the status of each individual of an entire school population.

First responders immediately recognized what a horrific scene we have.

Next Briefing in 1 hour at 6 PM Eastern.

It was April 20, 1999 when we thought the worst thing that could happen at a school did. Two students walked into their high school and killed 11 students, and then took their own lives. Since that awful day there has been 31 school shootings in the U.S. Something has to be done. We expect our children to be safe at school. Today's shooting took 27 lives including 18 children. Two weeks before the holidays. We have to find a way of protecting peoples 2nd amendment rights, and also protect the rights of innocent people especially children. Should we take away metal bullets and replace them with rubber bullets? Should we tax bullets so high that affording more than a few would be hard? Should we tax or make the price of guns so high that most people wouldn't be able to afford them? Obviously what we are doing now is only making a small dent in our children's safety, at school. We have talked about it enough we need to take action.

On Friday morning, 27 people were reportedly shot and killed at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, CT. According to sources, 18 of these casualties were children. This is the second mass shooting in the US this week, after a gunman opened fire in an Oregon shopping mall on Tuesday, killing 2. ABC News reports that there have been 31 school shootings in the US since Columbine in 1999, when 13 people were killed.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...hootings-in-the-us-since-columbine/?mobile=nc

Matthew Keys is from Reuters.

CNN reporting that the mother was found dead in her HOME. NOT at the school. So WHY did he go and kill the kids? WHY??????????????????

TwitterMatthew Keys @TheMatthewKeys

[Newtown school shooting] Eyewitness to WCBS: "They just told us everyone presumed missing...is in the school and they're dead."

live.reuters.com/Event/Newtown_School_Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member