Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And his brother's ID.

That he could just get from his brother's wallet.
I could get any of my family member's ID if I wanted it bad enough.
But guns and a bulletproof vest? Not so much...

I also will fully admit that I'm terrified of the backlash if the shooter really is developmentally disabled...

Now comes the gun control. If someone in that school had a gun, it is possible less people may have died. As it was, it seems the only one who did have a gun was the nut job murderer, whoever he was.

I don't know if it's about having guns, but some kind of lockdown system in schools. Too often, gates are left open, people free to come and go. I don't care the cost, there hast to be some kind of panic system in our schools and better security.

I can waltz right on to my son's high school without a care. I don't presume to the know the answer or the logistics, but we have to learn to protect our children better from these monsters.

RIP dear children, teachers, and all those effected by this tragedy.

MOO

Mel

Fox5 reporting Adam L stole his older brother Ryan's ID and drove to CT.

His older brother (RL) posted on his FB page, I did not do it.

Makes sense, the FB updates said he was just coming home from somewhere, wtf was happening.

Maybe handcuffed for his own protection?

It is normal police procedure to handcuff a person in this type of case. They handcuff them until they are "cleared."

I don't know what to say. I can't even ask God for words, because frankly, at the moment I have very little to say to Him. Why? Jealousy, mental illness, wanted to be famous, what?

I can't imagine. I don't want to. I have a kindergarten student. He's 5. He has a Christmas play in 4 days. His class is doing all the usual stuff: making cut out paper snowflakes, and learned every Christmas carol known to man and all the slightly dirty variations from the other kids, and tearing off the rings on the paper chain that every kindergarten class since their invention has used to mark off the days left until Christmas. He came home today. 20 other kids, at least, didn't. I can't force myself to register that.

Ashley Banfield was crying a couple minutes ago on CNN. I was fine until I flipped to HLN and saw the sign out front: Sandy Hook School: Visitors Welcome. Something has to come of this, something good and decisive. You can't get into an airport without 27 forms of ID and a full body scan, but anyone can walk into a children's school and slaughter them with no one being any the wiser until it's too late? Unacceptable.

No copycats this time. Every time there is a shooting in a school, it seems there is at least one more soon after. Please, not this time. It's bad enough now.

Okay, so maybe Adam was developmentally disabled and felt jealousy towards his mother's students?

Sorry how does a developmentally disabled person premeditate murder at more than one crime scene and the other brother is in the same area of the school as well? I won't accept this "card" right now.

Awaiting a press conf. from Conn. State Police.

My granddaughter just told me her friends cousin died in the shooting. It was her first year teaching. So sad.

Sorry how does a developmentally disabled person premeditate murder at more than one crime scene and the other brother is in the same area of the school as well? I won't accept this "card" right now.

The other brother was apparently in New Jersey, not at the school.

So we did have the right guy but it was his brother and not him that did the shooting. What a horrible way for him to find out that his brother is a mass murderer and that his mother is deceased.

Ryan, I'm so very sorry. :cry:

Wait, if the gunman is AL, how did he get RL's id and who is the deceased brother at home? :waitasec:

You know I'm really proud of these kids that are talking on the news - they're so calm and brave. Especially that lil cute one that had bullets zoom by him when he was in the hallway.

I am disgusted by reporters shoving mikes in the faces of shellshocked children who haven't even had time to process this trauma.

I am a shamed of the press and refuse to watch any of it right now. I am seeing these children's devastated faces all over the web and it feels yucky to me.

They are probably calm because they are in shock.

The press, in its rush to be first with the newest details/angle/news have not done a good job covering this case. MOO

There's an AM and PM kindergarten class, so there were kids who weren't in class at the time who had the same teacher :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper