Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that earlier they were showing the same fb page as was linked here..

And then 'someone' posting as that FB user, posted that they were innocent and still alive. They might be lying and posing as the imposter, hoaxing us all. But we don't know yet.

But it does seem like a huge coincdencve that the FB we posted had the guy living in Hoboken and being from Newton originally. So I agree that we PROBABLY had the right FB. But I think the twitter we linked was wrong. I think that is a BMX rider from California, and not the perp.

Reports on NBC that shooter died from self-inflicted gunshot wound.

He should of shot himself first and left the rest alone. Why does it always happen this way.

I have to get work done, so I pulled myself away for a bit, but all the while I felt guilty. Guilty for just going on with my day as if nothing happened, you know? Even if for just a moment. It amazes me that people around here are just continuing to work, talking, laughing... They're doing nothing wrong but somehow it doesn't seem fair. :(

I totally feel the same way. We've got TV's in our offices for breaking news...I normally have it on MUTE unless it's something we really need to know.

I keep putting the TV on mute so I can concentrate on work, and then I have to put the volume back on with all the "breaking updates." I just want to better understand this. (TEARS)

I have to get work done, so I pulled myself away for a bit, but all the while I felt guilty. Guilty for just going on with my day as if nothing happened, you know? Even if for just a moment. It amazes me that people around here are continuing to work, talking, laughing... They're doing nothing wrong but somehow it doesn't seem fair. :(

I felt the same way when I picked my kids up. As I sat in my car wiping tears others around were just going on with their daily life....

We pulled the first thread until we can be sure of the perp's social media accounts - i.e. Facebook and Twitter. Please do not post links to those accounts until it gets straightened out!!!

:tyou:

Sorry just very upset was not thinking clearly. I will behave I promise!

WASHINGTON (AP) — A law enforcement official says the suspect in the Connecticut school shootings is 24-year-old Ryan Lanza and that his younger brother is being held for questioning as a possible second shooter. The law enforcement official says the boys' mother, Nancy Lanza, works at the school as a teacher.

The official also said Ryan Lanza's girlfriend and another friend are missing in New Jersey.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, the official said the suspect is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ass&action=2&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L2_UNEWS

now they are saying on CBS that 'Adam' is the shooter? All very confusing. 2 brothers, 1 dead at the scene.

I posted on the previous thread but the thread changed.
I felt it was important to raise the question if the Lanza family had lost everything form Hurricane Isaac. I see Ryan Lanza was listed to live in an apartment. This was a family of "means."
I am an ER nurse for New Orleans. I am also a Katrina survivor. I can draw many parallels to Hoboken NJ and their disaster after Hurricane Isaac/
After Katrina, we lake mental health resources. There was no PTSD screening or counseling. We had an increase in violence, depression and suicide attempts after the storm. It continues today with an increase of domestic violence especially, among children and parents.
I did not see anything concerning on RL's facebook page. This is what prompted me to look at Hoboken and their disaster. If you recall, Hoboken resdidents felt abandoned by the government after the storm. They lacked basic needs like food, water and heat. I feel their pain
This is not a reason to excuse the tragedy but to instead understand. RL is at developmental age, in which, when able to express their feelings they "act out" in violence. We still have this problem in New Orleans among the youth.
I hope there is some reporting on the psychosocial issues in the family. IF they had lost everything in the storm, I think we need to look at RL's coping with disaster.
Just a thought.

FWIW Fox has a photo of the same guy on their new story so I'm pretty sure we had the correct shooter's FB page.

I'm still catching up, about a half hour behind.

In terms of motive, could this be a very jealous son acting out?

Prayers to all involved directly, and not involved directly by this senseless tradegy. God knows I'll need them.

It really seems the main target of his rage was toward his mother. So that is why he targeted her classroom and tried to kill all of the children he knew she most likely loved.

Often times mass murderers will shoot other close family members because they dont want them to be able to know what they have done or are planning to do.. So he may have killed his father for that reason.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member