Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of the mom possibly being a teacher's aide...It may be different there, but here, teacher's aides are not called in to the same class every day necessarily. A lot of times, they get called in to where ever they are needed most for that day. They are also not listed on the school's website unless they are specifically an aide for a certain grade or teacher. It may be different there, but if not, that could explain why she's not listed on the school's website.

This is the "me" generation. Remember when Time magazine named us, or rather "You" as the person of the year? This is the the age of "omg I cut my wrists let me put it on tumblr" and "let me put 'I want to die' on Facebook and see how much concern I can drum up"

This is a generation with selfish, sick, deeply disturbed individuals who tout themselves as martyrs and commit terrible atrocities because of their own private pain and suffering or "suffering" (not to invalidate it but in comparison to their victim's pain...i digress). It's about "ME" and making "YOU" (society) suffer. These people are flying their troubles like a flag and punishing everyone in their path for it, and what's scary, is that there's manyore people like that out there and something within our society is encouraging it. I have only harsh words for people who cry "poor me" and kill innocent people as some showy tribute to their not so golden childhood or whatever issues they have.

Please don't throw me in with this , thanks.

This is the "me" generation. Remember when Time magazine named us, or rather "You" as the person of the year? This is the the age of "omg I cut my wrists let me put it on tumblr" and "let me put 'I want to die' on Facebook and see how much concern I can drum up"

This is a generation with selfish, sick, deeply disturbed individuals who tout themselves as martyrs and commit terrible atrocities because of their own private pain and suffering or "suffering" (not to invalidate it but in comparison to their victim's pain...i digress). It's about "ME" and making "YOU" (society) suffer. These people are flying their troubles like a flag and punishing everyone in their path for it, and what's scary, is that there's manyore people like that out there and something within our society is encouraging it. I have only harsh words for people who cry "poor me" and kill innocent people as some showy tribute to their not so golden childhood or whatever issues they have.

I often think of this quote from the movie Tombstone regarding evil.

Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like Ringo, Doc? What makes him do the things he does?
Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.
Wyatt Earp: What does he need?
Doc Holliday: Revenge.
Wyatt Earp: For what?
Doc Holliday: Bein' born.
Share this quote

She is a victim, please leave her alone! What educated mother would give a weapon to her child without making them register it in their own name?????
I raised 3 sons. While in high school several of their friends owned small arsenals that their educated parents had purchased for them. :(

So it was the younger brother, Adam Lanza, who shot his mother and then drove over to the school she teaches at with her car and HER registered guns. The poor older brother who was first reported as being the shooter from NJ and had his facebook account and picture posted all over the media had no idea what the heck was going on. I guess these guns were in the home and not locked up. What an absolute horrible situation :-(. Those sweet little children.... :-(

As a person caring for a grandmother with dementia, my heart goes out to you. I hope your family finds some means to get her help.

You're a Blessing Astro Kitty. Your Grandmom is fortunate to have you care for her. I understand it is not easy.

Why does your right to own an assault rifle override the rights of these children to live?

Because it is punishing all legal gunowners when the vast majority of the 100 million+ never harm a soul and have actually stopped violent crimes from happening.

Why should I give up my guns? I have harmed no one and never would. I am a very responsible and safe gunowner who abides by the gun laws in place. Im not the one that stole the guns from the mother who was murdered and then went on a rampage. Yet people think it is fair to punish ALL law abiding citizens too for what a few do.

There are more illegally obtained weapons involved in crime than any other type. We will never be able to stop them. We live in a country with open borders and illegal guns are being brought in everyday and sold to criminals. But I have no doubt the thugs are hoping that the law abiding citizens have all their weapons taken away so the criminals will be the only ones with weapons. It will leave our citizens sitting like duck for the picking.

IMO

All that will happen is more schools will become little prisons. That is all that ever happens.

I'll take my children going to school in a prison like atmosphere over a crazed gunman entering their school any day! Lock the little ones up and let no one hurt them while they are innocently learning and playing.

She is a victim, please leave her alone! What educated mother would give a weapon to her child without making them register it in their own name?????

I sincerely hope, then, that she had her guns locked in a safe. Especially if it turns out that the murderer had a history of mental issues and access to her home.

An educated person would lock up their weapons so that only they, the registered user, could access them. I have been repeatedly told that responsible gun owners always do this.

Or so we would like to believe. Statistics would tell another story.

Wouldn't it be nice if mental health care were as readily available as weapons....

Further, we have a culture that glorifies the mythology of the heroic individual who succeeds or fails, suffers or triumphs, all on the basis of his or her own merit. We are not in this together, this mythos proclaims, then we wonder why we have sociopaths who take society at it's word.
IMO, we should make mental health evaluations mandatory for our kids in schools, yearly, as they're growing. I realize that would never fly with the privacy laws as they are, but I think it would be good for the schools to keep a closer eye on kids.

Is it just me, or are we raising more monsters in todays society than ever before??

If I had a child that had mental problems I would keep my guns far away from his sight and locked down.You just never know.If he had no access to guns this would not have happened today.
This. ^ Lock up all medications too.

It's not about the guns, since the same thing happened today in China, just with a knife. They were five year olds. If he wanted to, he could have taken them out with his bare hands.

Even if it was the guns, who cares, at this point? In this case, right now, 18 little bodies are lying in a classroom, still waiting to be identified positively and laid to rest. There are Christmas trees all over that community with gifts under them that were lovingly picked and wrapped for children that will never open them. There are parents struggling to explain to older siblings and younger siblings, grandparents, and themselves what happened today and why it can never be undone.

More guns, fewer guns, more video games, fewer video games, less TV violence, more TV violence...none of these things matter to a mentally ill person that is set on violence. If he was going to kill 20 kids today, he would have done it with a butter knife if that was his only option. The only thing that could have stopped it was proactive measures from the school and proactive measures fro the mental health community.

MOO, but can we at least let their bodies cool before we start in with blaming the guns and TV and video games?

True,but assault guns can take out so many in so little time.At least with a knife you can try to tackle them.That's why military use these kind of weapons

Ok I'm going to bite. That generational blame stuff really pisses me off. I'm sick of listening to people say a group that entails millions of people, from all different types of backgrounds, are the same.

Every one says the SAME THING about the current young adult generation.

The biggest mass school murder was in 1927.

Chew on that.

My thoughts are with all the families who were affected by this horrible tragedy. I found out about this shortly after dropping my own kindergartner off at school so it hit really close to home. It haunts me to think her going through that horror or being aware that there was a shooting and hearing it was my child. My heart goes out the the families. I am tired of all the evil and bad in this world. I just want us to be a peaceful society that values our fellow human beings. How can someone look in the eyes of a little child excited about the holidays and kill them. How can they watch terrified children reacting. Why can't we be a peaceful society? Those children should be at home with their families asking if it is Christmas yet.

I sincerely hope, then, that she had her guns locked in a safe. Especially if it turns out that the murderer had a history of mental issues and access to her home.

An educated person would lock up their weapons so that only they, the registered user, could access them. I have been repeatedly told that responsible gun owners always do this.

Or so we would like to believe. Statistics would tell another story.

Well, I hate to state this fact, but if she had them locked up in a safe and the key was hidden correctly, how did he shoot his own mother in the face?

So it was the younger brother, Adam Lanza, who shot his mother and then drove over to the school she teaches at with her car and HER registered guns. The poor older brother who was first reported as being the shooter from NJ and had his facebook account and picture posted all over the media had no idea what the heck was going on. I guess these guns were in the home and not locked up. What an absolute horrible situation :-(. Those sweet little children.... :-(

She may have had them in a gun safe and the key would probably be on her key chain or he could have broken into the safe. We just dont know.

IMO

I understand people are really upset and angry, but the last thing we need is for this thread to be closed because of the arguments. Let's please remember the victims and have enough sense to discuss this as adults so that we are all not punished by having this discussion closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes