Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It very easy to kill someone who has no weapon to protect themselves from the shooter who is the only one with a weapon. Criminals always prefer their victims to be unarmed because they are lowly cowards who pick on those they know who have no way to protect themselves.:(

IMO

Thank you so very much. This post just lowered my blood pressure. I appreciate it. Coward is the word.

For heaven sakes I live in Philly and they sell guns out the back of cars for Lord's sake. Now who do we all think are buying them?

Why, why, why, why in days of old when people carried were they not going around shooting little children and the elderly and the innocent? What else is going on?

It has now been confirmed that the guns were registered to the mother.

I don't want to add to the confusion but I did hear somewhere that NL is a counselor....is it possible that she was the school psychologist?

She may have been in the office of the school at the time also, but I'm speculating as much as the media....too. They are reporting on the rifle....that he had with him, but prior reports said and video showed it was in the car. The mother's car. So why would the mother have the rifle in her car, if the son didn't kill her first and then drive to the school. ???

At this point I'm taking any reports with huge heap of salt. IMO

I've beenn saying for awhile now they need something like "norplant" for anti-psychotics.

I agree - but only after an accurate diagnosis and the appropriate medication/dosage has been determined, and only after a patient has been med-compliant for a long enough period of time to be considered stabilized.

Why? I have multiple rifles and a Glock plus a 357 handgun too and Im a woman.

I target practice with my family.

IMO
Personal extrapolation. The males in my family enjoy own much bigger guns than my revolver.

AVG just stopped a trojan. Got to log off again. This is the 2nd time this week on WS this has happened. I think those ads are poison.......... BBL

I get alerts everytime I come to this site for some reason and my security systems blocks somethings from being displayed.

Its been doing it for almost a year now.:waitasec:

IMO

I don't want to add to the confusion but I did hear somewhere that NL is a counselor....is it possible that she was the school psychologist?

The school psychologist was named as Mary Sherlach.

Within minutes, 26 people were dead -- 20 of them children. Among the six adults killed were Dawn Hochsprung, the school's beloved principal, and school psychologist Mary Sherlach.
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

He was a hoodlum and he'd have a gun no matter what.

Now, if my Pop had a gun there'd be at least four other people that would be alive today, and that wouldn't have gotten out again years later to stab his girlfriend to death. Maybe we need to ban knives?

Ban knives, arson, cars, alcohol..........the list goes on an on.

IMO we as a society are going through a moral decay of sorts and it's showing.

My sister and I have been trying to get our 86 year old mother to a psychiatrist, to no avail. I'm sure she's in the early stages of dementia, and her 'caretaker' and some of our relatives are coercing her to send them money. There are warnings about this all over Florida, yet the State says there's nothing that can be done unless she's actually harming herself. Go figure!

As a person caring for a grandmother with dementia, my heart goes out to you. I hope your family finds some means to get her help.

Personal extrapolation. The males in my family enjoy own much bigger guns than my revolver.

I can handle a larger handgun much better than I can my 25. I get my skin pinched too much with the smaller gun and it hurts like heck.

IMO

It very easy to kill someone who has no weapon to protect themselves from the shooter who is the only one with a weapon. Criminals always prefer their victims to be unarmed because they are lowly cowards who pick on those they know who have no way to protect themselves.:(

IMO

Agree to disagree. I do think that it would have been alot harder for the murderer to have say, smothered twenty innocent children. Guns make it easier and so much less personal.

I will never EVER believe that more guns at the school would have been a good idea. :(. MOO

I am so weary and sickened by the daily barrage of shooting deaths in the news. And neither side will ever convince the other side that they are wrong so here we are with school shooting #31 since Columbine.

And it will sadly never change. :(

Ban knives, arson, cars, alcohol..........the list goes on an on.

IMO we as a society are going through a moral decay of sorts and it's showing.

BAN CARS! That will save many more lives including children's lives than all the other things put together.

Some demographic information about Newtown, CT

Estimated Current Population: 15,704
Population: 16,003
White Population: 15,155
Black Population: 368
Hispanic Population: 705
Asian Population: 417
Hawaiian Population: 13
Indian Population: 52
Other Population: 172
Male Population: 8,177
Female Population: 7,826
Avg House Value: $271,500.00
Avg Household Income: $91,126.00
Avg Persons Per Household: 2.78
Median Age: 43.60
Median Age (Male): 42.80
Median Age (Female): 44.50

Just comparing this killer to the Columbine and Aurora, CO killers, he comes from a community that is upper middle class. His parents are well educated people with very successful careers, as were the parents of the other young spree killers. It seems income and access to affordable health care don't always help mentally troubled young men get the help they need. MOO

http://www.zip-codes.com/city/ct-newtown.asp

The comment about a kindergarten teacher not owning two assault rifles and a big ol' Glock was mine. I think this teacher bought them for her son.

She is a victim, please leave her alone! What educated mother would give a weapon to her child without making them register it in their own name?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB