Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alot harder to shoot someone without the gun. :(

It very easy to kill someone who has no weapon to protect themselves from the shooter who is the only one with a weapon. Criminals always prefer their victims to be unarmed because they are lowly cowards who pick on those they know who have no way to protect themselves.:(

IMO

It's alot harder to shoot someone without the gun. :(

He was a hoodlum and he'd have a gun no matter what.

Now, if my Pop had a gun there'd be at least four other people that would be alive today, and that wouldn't have gotten out again years later to stab his girlfriend to death. Maybe we need to ban knives?

Yes, hooray for guns.
The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: AP source: In mass shootings, son killed his mother at their home, then went on school rampage. -SS

The comment about a kindergarten teacher not owning two assault rifles and a big ol' Glock was mine. I think this teacher bought them for her son.

Earlier on the news they were talking about how she played Bridge. I found it hard to believe that she bought these for herself. Granted that doesn't mean anything but, guess we'll find out the real story soon enough.

If my (hypothetical) son asked me to buy him a Glock I'd burst out laughing, even if he's a perfect human being.

I saw an awful thing on CNN earlier. The broadcaster was interviewing a mother of one of the children who has survived. Her daughter was standing next to her. A journalist who I presume was from a newspaper came over with a dictaphone and started trying to interview the child. It made me so angry. How dare that journalist do that. That poor child has been through much. Have some integrity!

I saw that. He couldn't even wait for the mother to stop speaking. I would have told that reporter OFF!

YES :blushing:

Permission to bump this every page or so?

For the dozens of innocent victims who simply showed up for school and work, an evening of collective WS grief seems appropriate.

Feel free to bump as you see fit.

So many affected. So many left to grieve. :shakehead:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ok-principal-security-measures_n_2303520.html

Dawn Hochsprung, the principal of Sandy Hook Elementary who died in the shootings at the Newtown, Conn., school Dec. 14, had recently implemented new security measures, CNN reports.

In a letter to parents this fall, Hochsprung outlined new security procedures, which included checking identification for visitors if they were not recognized by staff.

"Please understand that with nearly 700 students and over 1,000 parents representing 500... families, most parents will be asked to show identification," Hochsprung wrote in the letter, which was addressed to "Members of our Sandy Hook Family."

CNN is now stating that the killer was found with 2 handguns and a semi-automatic weapon (not 2 automatic weapons and 2 handguns).

Wouldn't it be nice if mental health care were as readily available as weapons....

Further, we have a culture that glorifies the mythology of the heroic individual who succeeds or fails, suffers or triumphs, all on the basis of his or her own merit. We are not in this together, this mythos proclaims, then we wonder why we have sociopaths who take society at it's word.

I was just thinking that there's no point in traffic laws. People still speed, drive drunk, text, talk on their cell phones, etc. Why even have them?

That's the same general argument people use when they are anti-gun control. Now I'm going to be accused of bringing up this issue "too soon" but it was too soon after Columbine, after Virginia Tech, after Fort Hood, after Tucson, after Aurora, after the Sikh Temple, and it's still "too soon" after Sandy Hook.

Exactly.

The comment about a kindergarten teacher not owning two assault rifles and a big ol' Glock was mine. I think this teacher bought them for her son.

Why? I have multiple rifles and a Glock plus a 357 handgun too and Im a woman.

I target practice with my family.

IMO

Among all this chaos I just wish to pause to add my prayers for all of these families who have been forever changed this day. My heart aches for all our children due to this tragedy which is beyond our understanding. May our children somehow be comforted and receive help for healing in the days to come.:rose:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ok-principal-security-measures_n_2303520.html

Dawn Hochsprung, the principal of Sandy Hook Elementary who died in the shootings at the Newtown, Conn., school Dec. 14, had recently implemented new security measures, CNN reports.

In a letter to parents this fall, Hochsprung outlined new security procedures, which included checking identification for visitors if they were not recognized by staff.

"Please understand that with nearly 700 students and over 1,000 parents representing 500... families, most parents will be asked to show identification," Hochsprung wrote in the letter, which was addressed to "Members of our Sandy Hook Family."

But this guy was a son of a teacher so presumably staff would recognize him.

AVG just stopped a trojan. Got to log off again. This is the 2nd time this week on WS this has happened. I think those ads are poison.......... BBL

Stay away from social media links unless you are 100% sure you are linking up to the perp's account(s).

How long does it normally take for a case to become a featured discussion case? I am just asking because I believe, at some point, we will need to branch out the different discussions about guns, mental illness, the victims, etc...

Wouldn't it be nice if mental health care were as readily available as weapons....

Further, we have a culture that glorifies the mythology of the heroic individual who succeeds or fails, suffers or triumphs, all on the basis of his or her own merit. We are not in this together, this mythos proclaims, then we wonder why we have sociopaths who take society at it's word.

Yes it would be. If treatment was given as often as a criminal uses an illegally obtained firearms in this country we may have a lot less people walking around needing treatment badly.

IMO

Come on with the gun comments. If someone wants to kill, they will find a way. If it's not a gun, it will be a bomb or something else.

It's a minute minority, that would commit a crime to kill innocent children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020