Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're planning to shoot lots of kids you probably aren't much worried about breaking the law driving without a licence.

My point wasn't that he broke the law by driving. My point was that he was able to get top the gun store and to the school (for the altercation) apparently on his own.

I was trying to figure out how he got around town before the shooting. I wanted to find out HOW he was getting around to the gun store and to the school before the shooting and what other places did he go. Surely he didn't have his mom drive him and he didn't seem to have friends, so how was he getting around?

I heard that too. Either he didn't have such easy access to mom's guns as we (some) think or he wanted even more firepower.

I tend to think mom had the guns secured and not just laying around.

This young man was obviously deeply troubled. Disturbed.

It has been reported that he stole his older brother's ID. I don't think it a leap to assume he may have stolen mom's key to a gun safe or closet or wherever the guns wre kept.

For all we know, mom died trying to keep him from the weapons.

Very very sad for the Lanza family. Dad, brother, grandma, they must be reeling. Prayers for them as well. Victims of Adam as well IMO.

I want to know when Nancy was actually killed, that will tell me a lot about how easy the access to the guns was.

Nancy was reportedly an avid gun collector, and she had shown the rifle to at least one friend/acquaintance with obvious pride, so I doubt she bought them for her son. Until all of the reporting has settled down and gotten consistent, I am still open to the possibility that he killed Nancy in some other manner than shooting, in order to get access to the guns.

My point wasn't that he broke the law by driving. My point was that he was able to get top the gun store and to the school (for the altercation) apparently on his own.

I was trying to figure out how he got around town before the shooting. I wanted to find out HOW he was getting around to the gun store and to the school before the shooting and what other places did he go. Surely he didn't have his mom drive him and he didn't seem to have friends, so how was he getting around?

Do we know that he doesn't have a licence or a vehicle and that mother never let him borrow her car?

I want to know when his mother was last seen alive.

NBC apparently spoke with an Aunt that said the parents had issues with Adam in School and he was pulled out to be home schooled, when asked about the guns Nancy kept, she said Nancy had them incase they needed to protect themselves/survive should something happen.

BBM

:banghead:

That.

It has bothered me that while the buzz-in system was in place and being used - HOW is it that you have a big, glass window right next to the buzz-in point?

I worked a Catholic school a few years back. Buzz-in was at a gate at the end of an open walkway. First (and closest) building was the office and there was visual access on that gate from that building. Plus, you had to walk quite a few yards once buzzed-in - which allowed for "monitoring" the guest as they entered. I felt that was the most secure school building that I have ever worked in.

But to have a big glass window right next to the buzz in point just doesn't make sense - at least to me....

JMHO

We can't build prisons for children to go to school in. THere are also portables used in many schools...these kids have to go outside to get into the school, they also go outside for recess. People who have alarm systems in their homes have windows too!!!!

Another train of thought to throw out there. The media is saying that the "female relative" in the home was shot in the face. If that is true, the location of that GSW could, theoretically, have been self-inflicted. There could be an entirely different angle to this story. I know that we'll likely get plenty of answers in time but one could speculate if he felt someone in particular at that school was responsible for that (if it were the case), that would explain why he chose that location as his target. JMHO

That said, yes, it does seem most plausible to me that he killed his mother at some point before going to the school.

A couple points, it seems to me this was planned ahead,due to him trying to buy his own gun. I wonder if the altercation was because he was loitering around the school and the adults told him to leave? Maybe he was casing the place the day before? Still begs the question,why this school? Do we even know for sure if the mother is a teacher or ever was one? Nobody seems clear on that. Is it from something that happened when he was a student there?
I also heard that he skipped the very 1st classroom and went into the next one. Why? Why didn't he start in the very 1st room?
Sorry if I missed this,but there was talk of a girlfriend yesterday. Is there a girlfriend? Did he have any form of socialization other than his mother?

Do we know that he doesn't have a licence or a vehicle and that mother never let him borrow her car?

All the reports I've seen say she was shot in the face.

I am speculating here, and maybe jumping too far ahead, but I believe this school will never open again. That saddens me, because it only compounds the lasting devastation to this community. But I just don't see how it would be possible to ever have classes there again because of the severe trauma. Which means that not only are the hundreds of other students there impacted emotionally even as survivors, but now they will most likely be uprooted as they struggle for a new normalcy. The damage is so far-reaching, it takes my breath away.

I tend to agree, but disagree at the same time. I think they will try to re-open the school in the new year, to try to have kids come to the school. Going back to the scene of a crime, and proceeding with a normal day to day routine may help the children and staff along in the grieving phase. I think by not opening the school again, it will prevent the grieving process from proceeding. And kids will be afraid to go to any school again.

I understand what you are saying and am in agreement that it is horribly sad that the parents of the deceased children didn't get to hold their child.

But LE has a reason for processing the scene. One reason is so that the information gleaned will be analyzed and looked at to determine if there is anything schools can do to keep children safer. They need to see who was in the room, etc.

I only understand the reason for processing the scene because I went to a workshop, and the 2 presenters were 2 of the first responders on the scene at the Columbine shooting. I came away with a much better understanding of why it is important that parents, volunteers, etc. sign in before entering a school. Believe it or not...some parents are offended when asked to sign in. I've seen it happen. I've also seen parents try to sneak past a school office because they know they wouldn't be allowed in otherwise. Majority of parents do what is right...but a few are different.

It's a tragedy they didn't get to hold their deceased children, but hopefully something will be learned to help other schools initiate safety measures and to help LE when they enter a school where a shooting, etc. is taking place.
Jumping, expanding- not directly speaking.

It's important to me to process the scene and be certain there was only one shooter. If another shooter was able to get away, he would need to be punished. If there was someone in the car who knew what was going to happen and didn't stop it, he would need to be punished for his part. It's 99% unlikely, but it needs to be 100% sure that they know exactly what happened. It's their job.

Well I am pretty sure he could not have done it without a gun.

There is a gun control topic on another thread. Please lets keep this thread to remember the victims.

Gun control can be discussed later, at a different time. Right now we need to focus on the families, teachers, law enforcement that are dealing with the loss of 25 lives. (And yes I know it is 26, but I am not counting the Perp in this.)

I'm thinking that he didn't have a car because we haven't heard of it being seized and searched.

I was also wondering when his mom was killed and/or last known to be alive. I heard reports that it appears she was likely shot in her bed as she slept. But when was that??

I tend to agree, but disagree at the same time. I think they will try to re-open the school in the new year, to try to have kids come to the school. Going back to the scene of a crime, and proceeding with a normal day to day routine may help the children and staff along in the grieving phase. I think by not opening the school again, it will prevent the grieving process from proceeding. And kids will be afraid to go to any school again.

Hard to say; maybe if they were older kids, but I don't see how this school can be seen as anything other than the site of a massacre from here on out. I wouldn't be surprised if it is torn down.

From the article:
I don't mean to be harsh because the mother is a victim, but I can't deny my opinion: you shouldn't take a mentally disturbed kid target shooting.

It does not say when she took him shooting, we taught all our children to shoot by the time they were 5. Dad was a cop and I worked for probation, we felt we had to train our children on weapons to protect them from anyone me might of pissed off, Our daughter was a U.S. Marine, at 21 mental illness set in! Our daughter was the perfect child until she was gang rape in the Corp, then she lost her mind!

We have many weapons in our home and have had our daughter living with us off and on for the last 10 years (except when she was in rehab or involuntarily committed! We hide our weapon's and ammo, I sleep with a glock under my pillow at night for protection!

We have almost gone broke in the last 10 years, we are about 200k into treatment! When my daughter is drunk she has told people she wants me dead, she has hit me and knocked me down!

What more can I do, looking forward to your reply since you are blaming the mother that you no nothing about what she has went through!:truce::please::please:

I guess I am a bad mom too!

Reality is simply, had she not owned these guns, chances are she and many others would be among the living.

Not true, he would have found another way. Especially since he tried to purchase ANOTHER gun in the days leading up to the shooting. If someone wants to murder, they will find a way, regardless of whether they have access to guns or not.

Again lets stop discussing this topic on this thread. It is neither the time, nor the place.

All the reports I've seen say she was shot in the face.

Did you mean to quote some other post because I can't figure out how they relate?

When was she shot? Do we know yet?

You are right on the money! It's very important for them to know that this is a rare incident. That bad things happen to good people but generally most people are good! The anxiety is going to be horrible for all involved. It would be best to do some of the grieving at the school, memorial and such...let the kids go back into the building for other reasons other then school at first. In the end there is never the right answer..but I would agree, closing the school wouldn't be a good idea.

Another train of thought to throw out there. The media is saying that the "female relative" in the home was shot in the face. If that is true, the location of that GSW could, theoretically, have been self-inflicted. There could be an entirely different angle to this story. I know that we'll likely get plenty of answers in time but one could speculate if he felt someone in particular at that school was responsible for that (if it were the case), that would explain why he chose that location as his target. JMHO

That said, yes, it does seem most plausible to me that he killed his mother at some point before going to the school.
:shocked2: oh em gee
:applause: you are good! Never crossed my mind!
Lots of "evidence" at the home pointing to
why he did this????
:star: kudos

possibly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics