Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a first grader of my own, born in 2006, and the thought of someone shooting her to death is making me ill. I'm going to step away for a bit.

I have a 7-year-old niece (2nd grade). I can't! I just can't!

Josephine had just had a birthday. My birthday is just a few days before hers, and I always thought of it as the wonderful start of the fun slide into Christmas. I hope she did, too.

Somewhere in all the information I thought it said the highschool was right next door, I keep wondering if that was his first target with all the ammo and guns and then changed his mind and hit the grammar school.

Someone just said on CNN one of the families was British
-- does anyone have any details on that?

I tried to contact the Patriot Guard to let them know about the plans of those not to be named, but I can't get into my google account for some reason. Can someone else try please?

4:07 p.m.: “I want to take this time to talk about the incredible acts of heroism that transpired yesterday that ultimately saved so many lives even though tragically so many lives were lost. The principal of the school was running toward the shooter in order to protect her students. As was the school psychologist. One of the teachers helped people get out of a window. Incredible things that people did. I got a message that one of the teachers pushed students into the kiln room and was locked in the kiln room and remained there until the police let them out. Teachers were really, really focused on saving their students.” [JR], Superintendent of Schools for Newtown Public Schools

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-conn-school-shooting/

JMO
Never on the payroll...
Questions I have?
Did she go to school with the killer to assist the teacher in handling him??
Was she not employed but said she was out of wanting to keep his "issues" a secret?

:panic: I am leaning towards....
denial by mom and in high school a decision was made
to "place" him in an alternative learning environment?

:shutup::shutup::shutup:

I will stop now....

BBM. You're not alone in those thoughts. I've thought similiarly, and I wonder if she believed no one could help Adam better than his own mother.

I have to admit, I've wondered if she had the guns because she was afraid of her own son, but gave others a different reason.

Could he have requested his school records for some reason employment etc?
I know juvenile arrest records are sealed but what about school evals?
Report cards?
Teachers commenting on conduct etc???

Still why kill little kids?

The Patriot Guard is already alerting riders from all over to get to Newtown. They will make sure these families are shielded from any disrespect.
DH and I are unable to participate, and wish we were alot closer.

Edited to remove original comment. I posted without reading back the three pages I had missed. Sorry JBean.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THE W**BAPTISTS ONE MOMENT OF AIR TIME ON THIS THREAD.

Thanks.

if you post about them before you see this post- please go back and remove your post. thank you.
^ this

Somewhere in all the information I thought it said the highschool was right next door, I keep wondering if that was his first target with all the ammo and guns and then changed his mind and hit the grammar school.

Newtown High School is in Sandy Hook but it is on route 34. I would say it is at the very least, a mile away from Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The Patriot Guard is already alerting riders from all over to get to Newtown. They will make sure these families are shielded from any disrespect.
DH and I are unable to participate, and wish we were alot closer.

Arizona passed an emergency bill when the Gabby Giffords shooting occurred preventing them from within 300 feet and blocked out the time before and after the funerals. It worked to my knowledge.

I tried to contact the Patriot Guard to let them know about the plans of those not to be named, but I can't get into my google account for some reason. Can someone else try please?

Just sent an email to the Ct. leader.

They know sweetie, not gonna happen on our watch. Trust me.

Just logging in today. Is there a timeline of some sort? Something that starts with mom quitting? Seems like everything has changed since yesterday. I'm so lost.

Apparently Mother never worked there. We don't know what her job even was as far as I can tell. Don't know if she worked at all or ever did.

I haven't been posting much because it's just too disturbing for me to handle. But I did want to chime in on the mental health issue.

I have suffered from depression for all of my adult life. We just switched to new health insurance and its much different than what we had before, where I had full access to mental health professionals. I don't necessarily think they were the best in their field but that's another topic.

My depression has gotten worse lately (perfect timing with the insurance switch, right?) so I wanted to make an appt with a psychiatrist. I can't. I saw a new general practitioner and she can't get me in to see one either. She even said their policies are ridiculous. I have to call their 'behavioral health line' where they will "assess" me and "try" to find someone for me. The wait is six to seven months. I literally cannot even call a clinic - the numbers are unlisted. Really??

I am NOT about to start shooting people and I can function in my daily life. But I do have passive suicidal thoughts, which basically means that when I'm feeling really down, I might think "Gee, I wish I would fall asleep and never wake up." I'm not worried about my safety or the safety of others but all I'm asking is to WANT to wake up in the morning and to WANT to live my life to its fullest potential. But they don't seem to care about that. Why is that too much to ask for?

I'm not trying to make this about me, and I don't necessarily like divulging such personal things on a public message board. But these things need to be addressed. Why is mental health treated differently than any other health issue? If my heart was malfunctioning, would they put me through the wringer like this? Would I get the run around have to wait SIX MONTHS to see a doctor? Meanwhile I may DIE? It makes me feel like a freak and like a bother. It makes me feel like I'm not important.

I place full blame on Adam (not his mother, not guns) but I also think our mental health system needs a major overhaul. My depression should be treated like any other illness and I should be able to see a doctor when I need one.

(now don't judge me :))

:grouphug: Hopeful One :grouphug:

If that is true, why is there this entry on peekyou.com:
Nancy J. Lanza
51 years old
Sandy Hook, CT, US
Work: Sandy Hook Elementary school

An interview with Aunt said she was sometimes a teachers aid there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08