Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be done at the request of the victims families?

You mean they might be read at the request? Or not read?

I don't think the victim's families are in any position to request anything at this point.

However, I do know this. Unconnected NBA teams had a moment of silence before their game to honor the victims.

The least we can do is acknowledge each and every one by name. I wish they had done that in the presser as well.

Oh. That was in intense article. I could really see myself in their position. Horrible.

I'm becoming so disheartened at the enormous amount of media coverage in this case. This is sad, the deaths of all these darling children and teachers, but the nation's razor like focus on this case is practically guarenteeing that some disenfranchised angry soul is plotting a similar attack.

I think the town can't possibly look away - this is their horrible tragedy.

The rest of us can. We can look away, and stop giving this murderer so much attention. It's too attractive for copycats.

I'm out of this thread now, and will refocus my energies elsewhere.

Prayers for the families who are forever damaged by this horror.

I get you. I agree for the most part. But I don't mind coverage of the victims and their families and the heroes involved. It's the focus on the murderer, his name, his history, whether he had issues, full photos of him - that's what inspires copycats. Making the victims and the heroes come to life may actually act as a deterrent

But I'm not following this tragedy much either. For similar reasons.

All first graders. Many of the Class of 2024 in Newtown, already gone. How desperately, desperately sad.

Why did reports say rifle was found in the car? I think we are getting so much wrong info.
>>- "A lot of speculation out there" concerning location of weapons. "I'm going to hold that question till probably tomorrow."<<

Our news is real time and with that comes inaccuracies. We get the info fast- but too fast to be accurate. This is part of our world and will not change. Have to take all initial reports with a grain of salt.

jmho of course

A-LqrOvCIAEWF7-.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-LqrOvCIAEWF7-.jpg:large

3:09 p.m.: Outside the town&#8217;s nearby firehouse, there are now 26 Christmas Trees&#8211;with teddy bears nestled into each.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-conn-school-shooting/

How does someone shoot little children....how does someone shoot them multiple times?? I can't process. How devastating..

Something has really been bothering me.

First, the two major things Newtown, Aurora, Columbine, and other mass shootings have in common are (1) weapons/guns and (2) mentally ill. It's not the isolation of one or other, but the combination.

What bugs me is that we, as a society, are trained to recognize symptoms of stroke, heart attacks, and other medical conditions, but most of us are either ignorant or ignore mental illness symptoms.

I, like many on this forum, read the "wrong" RL twitter feed yesterday. Even though this is the wrong person, that feed was deeply disturbing - the sort of things that, in the context of thinking about crime, one can read in "hindsight" and say "all of the signs were there."

Maybe all of us accidentally noticing that RL's twitter will alert someone to symptoms proactively. He may be a perfectly fine kid, but it's time people start paying more attention to those sorts of statements - I know I will.

How does someone shoot little children....how does someone shoot them multiple times?? I can't process. How devastating..

I hope it was done quickly, like in a blink of an eye. How terrified these little ones must of been in that room with that monster. How awful for the parents to know their children had died so violently. Horrible

Why did reports say rifle was found in the car? I think we are getting so much wrong info.

Maybe there were 2 rifles? One he left in car, and one he took inside? Just a thought.

Maybe there were 2 rifles? One he left in car, and one he took inside? Just a thought.

The reports claimed he had two handguns with him but rifle was found in the car.
So appears to be clearly wrong.

I'm interested in the timeline that we don't have yet. I've seen conflicting reports on when the parents "separated" and "divorced." I read an article that the dad was really upset that he was getting divorced and offered to pay more alimony than required.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/adam-lanza-20-deeply-disturbed-kid-article-1.1220752

I'm interested in the time line of when the parents separated, when she pulled him out of the school, when he became "estranged" from his dad and his brother, etc.

It has no bearing on anything, I suppose, other than curiosity. I'm wondering if the parents' (who have been reported as being cooperative in their divorce) marriage ended because of differences of opinions on raising AL? Maybe because the dad recognized the enormity of his son's issues that would need substantial medical treatment (or he felt relief to be free of the issue -- I'm not being harsh. Having a troubled child must be overwhelmingly exhausting.)

College friends say the older brother rarely spoke of his brother. They said that they knew he existed but little else.

It sounds like something sinister has been brewing for years. And, as the sister of a brother with severe mental problems that one parent refused/refuses to accept, it can be very divisive to say the least!

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THE W**BAPTISTS ONE MOMENT OF AIR TIME ON THIS THREAD.

Thanks.

if you post about them before you see this post- please go back and remove your post. thank you.

Notice that he said there was not report"filed" of an altercation. He didn't say there wasn't one. I also heard him say again that the superintendent says Nancy did not work at the school. Like someone else mentioned,maybe she was a parent volunteer. I used to do that for all three of my kids in elementary school. I still want to know what her profession is.There seems to be no confirmation that she was a teacher.

Did the ME state in so many words that the rifle bullets may have been hollow point? He indicated that the bullets caused devastating tissue damage. Im anything but a gun expert is a caveat in my comment.
sadly I think so. Unless it was shot gun shells "buck shot"
>>- "A lot of speculation out there" concerning location of weapons. "I'm going to hold that question till probably tomorrow."<<

Our news is real time and with that comes inaccuracies. We get the info fast- but too fast to be accurate. This is part of our world and will not change. Have to take all initial reports with a grain of salt.

jmho of course

IMO he had more than 1 rifle... but just a plain ole hunting rifle would have been legal for him to own...

I am of the opinion the "rifle" in the car was used "loosely"
I believe there was one and he OWNED it...
call it a "long gun" MOO

"Federal law prohibits firearms dealers from selling or delivering a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any person the dealer knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under the age of 18.

5 Federal law provides no age limitations with respect to the sale of a long gun or long gun ammunition by an unlicensed person."

"Dealers are prohibited from selling or delivering firearms other than shotguns or rifles (e.g., handguns) or ammunition for those firearms to any person the dealer knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under the age of 21"

http://smartgunlaws.org/minimum-age-to-purchase-possess-firearms-policy-summary/

as always moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member