Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no reports filed about any altercations in the school involving the individual.

I think they said the names of the victims would be on the state police website in an hour.

no more interviews today. like 9:30 tomorrow morning.

Isn't he the #27? Why are you assuming there was no candle for the mother?:banghead:

28 dead people including the gunman

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...icut-school-shooting-20121214,0,3154787.story
Eighteen children were pronounced dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. Two pupils were taken to hospitals and pronounced dead there.

Six adults were dead at the scene as was the gunman. Another person was found dead at what Vance described as “a secondary crime scene” in Connecticut, bringing the total to 28.

One person was injured.

rifle as the primary weapon is new info isn't it?

Privacy again being asked for
Each family has officer assigned to them at all times
List of the deceased on their website within the hour. Connecticut state police website
Not telling about calibers of weapon until tomorrow
No reports have been filed about altercations in the school
Support in and out of the community has been outstanding
This is the last briefing for today.
Any breaking news will be directed to website.
Providing reporters with copies with victims name

I am actually really bothered that they are NOT going to read the names.

I think out of respect, someone should do that... then of course put the names up so that the spelling is all correct.

It is 27 names... it can be done. It's been done with many more names before.

Going by what we are hearing right now, Nancy Lanza was shot in the face. I also heard that the children were shot in the face. If true, I find this SO disturbing. Did AL want to see the expressions on his victim's faces just before he shot them? Did he enjoy watching someone's face explode? Or did he want to terrify the remaining children who had just watched him do this to a classmate? Very hard to think about.
I'm wondering if we'll hear more about the psychology of a murderer who shoots in the face. It seems very connected and personal. The opposite of shooting someone in the back, kwim?

I'd send my kids to school in a prison atmosphere eight hours a day if it made it any more likely that they would come home at the end of the day. I get what you're saying though. it's much more likely that one child would be targeted for an abduction than it would be that an entire school would be targeted for a massacre.
I don't disagree... I don't think... I don't know how I feel about that. But I do think security for schools was created to prevent abduction rather than to prevent mass murderers. I'm not sure most of our schools could have stopped him.

BBM This worries me. It appears that the school AL attended had concerns about him and wanted to address them. Possibly asking that he attend an alternative school or special needs school to deal with whatever issues he had. Mom may have quit because she was angry at the school system and may have made those feelings, mistakingly, known to AL.

MOO

It begs the question, what kind of behavioral trouble did he have back then? Everybody says he was a bright, good student so I presume it was not about serious learning difficulties.

It could be a completely valid objection to the IEP. I have a child who is profoundly gifted (Full Scale IQ between 152-160 on WISC-IV) who also has developmental delays. This is a very perplexing situation for schools and parents. (Before anyone suggests I just institutionalize said child now, let me add that my child is emotionally extremely balanced. We've done play therapy since we discovered the "discrepancy" so that she would always have someone to talk to about it.)

Anyway, I can't tell you how many times her IEP team has made suggestions that cater to her weaknesses at the cost of her gifts. Wanting to put her backwards, into remedial programs, when she's tops out most academic tests. Of course we have wonderful staff who discuss things with me, and we come to a happy agreement. A lot of people in this position aren't so lucky.

Additionally- a lot of kids who are in this situation feel stifled by the school system. I've wondered from the start if this unnamed nobody felt more intelligent and superior to most of the world, especially to teachers, feeling like the schools focus on the production of conformists at the cost of individuality and in his mind was somehow protesting that by "saving" kids from the beginning of the hamster wheel.

NOTHING to base this on, just a reflection of what I know about profoundly gifted students who also have delays, and IME most of them have some sort of societal "differences."

next presser will be tomorrow 9:30 am ish

any breaking news will be posted on the state police website

OMG they're almost fighting over the copies with the names of the victims??? What is wrong with people?!

All i can think is OVERKILL! I don't know how the first responders, and the ME will EVER get over this!! A lot of times they are forgotten .....we should NEVER forget them...

JMO-

Did the ME state in so many words that the rifle bullets may have been hollow point? He indicated that the bullets caused devastating tissue damage. Im anything but a gun expert is a caveat in my comment.

I think out of respect, someone should do that... then of course put the names up so that the spelling is all correct.

This may be done at the request of the victims families?

I'm wondering if we'll hear more about the psychology of a murderer who shoots in the face. It seems very connected and personal. The opposite of shooting someone in the back, kwim?

Just FYI, the ME said the wounds were all over the bodies.

But maybe some of the parents aren't ready for that announcement on live TV yet. It might just be too much for them at this time.

rifle as the primary weapon is new info isn't it?

Yes..............Up to this point, it had been ASSUMED that the hand guns were the key units BUT the hypothesis I overheard was that the hand guns were "back-ups" as they were fully loaded & ready to go.

The long gun rifle had excellent (yucky way to describe it) ability to accomplish "striffing"/"straffing" or spraying ....and IT DID:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam