Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Synopsis so far:

No one in an official capacity is releasing information to the media outside of the microphones being used for the briefings. Example, the Hartford Courant released a timeline. It did NOT come from inside of the investigation.

There is a large amount of misinformation, the social media websites contain inaccurate and misleading information. There are crimes being committed with threats, frauds and misleading information. CSP says these folks will be prosecuted.

Press conference questions:

"What social media are you referring to?" (referring to disinformation discussed earlier)

LE: "--- people are posing as the shooter, information is threatening, inaccurate, people are posing as other people with information...."

[all of above paraphrased from press conference - not word for word or direct quotes.]

Vance says that information from inside of the investigation is not being released outside of the briefings. He emphasized this.

Re social media. People are out there posing as the shooter and others.

Those people can and will be traced and could face federal charges for their actions.

Per Vance presser

From the press conference:

Will the students return to school? --- this is under discussion at the moment
Will they return to Sandy Hook school itself? ---- this would be incredibly difficult

(couldn't hear question) --- this is one idea under discussion.

[all of above paraphrased from press conference - not word for word or direct quotes.]

Re social media. People are out there posing as the shooter and others.

Those people can and will be traced and could face federal charges for their actions.

Per Vance presser

Are they coming after us? :waitasec::blushing::waitasec:

Lt. Vance back "in a couple hours" with update.

They'll be back later to discuss medical examiner's report on final two deceased. Also discuss presidential visit.

It was a great briefing. They will be coming back with the medex info on NL and AL later on this afternoon, as well as the info on the presidential visit.

I bet he is already there, but that is jmo.

He did confirm that AL shot his way in....at least I think I heard that. Did anyone else?

Are they coming after us? :waitasec::blushing::waitasec:

Not me. I am being very careful not to perpetuate misinformation. I can only speak to my own actions in that regard.

CNN talking about chldren going back to school TOMORROW!!!????
it's just to early..........teachers need time also..........
come on............no school for them yet!!! JMOO

The Connecticut police department warn anyone on any social media sites giving any information that does not come straight from the LE department, will be prosecuted by any and all state, Federal and local laws. Apparently some people are giving out a lot of false information, the only information that can be trusted is to come directly from the Connecticut Police Department website.

http://www.ct.gov/despp/site/default.asp

Vance is talking about social media like facebook profiles created to seem like they are the perp and writings from the perp. Trolls can and will be prosecuted. Not WS people. We link to MSM sites and are NOT perpetuating lies under the guise of the perp. xo

I have gone through numerous 'motive' scenarios, supported only by the flimsy and often erroneous reporting. This is a very interesting case. I speculate that the motive, is very child-like. E.g. AL blames his current condition, on his early years at this school; it is their fault that he has limitations. If teachers had recognized his special needs, he could have been like his brother. And this child-like motive, is in sharp contrast to the well organized, methodical planning & plotting, designed to exact the most painful degree of revenge.

This is where my mind has been going. Also wondering if it is true that he went to the school the day before, if maybe he was going to seek help from people who had helped him before. We tend to remember the earlier teachers who always hold a special place in our heart. Maybe they said they couldn't help him because he has aged out and he felt betrayed by them which made him want revenge.
killing the kids could have been some projection.... 'saving' them from a world he saw as hopless.

just some sleep deprived thoughts....

The Connecticut police department warn anyone on any social media sites giving any information that does not come straight from the LE department, will be prosecuted by any and all state, Federal and local laws. Apparently some people are giving out a lot of false information, the only information that can be trusted is to come directly from the Connecticut Police Department website.

http://www.ct.gov/despp/site/default.asp

Media, you are put on notice. JMO.

Vance is talking about social media like facebook profiles created to seem like they are the perp and writings from the perp. Trolls can and will be prosecuted. Not WS people. We link to MSM sites and are NOT perpetuating lies under the guise of the perp. xo

I happen to stumble across one of these trolls last night on a post. Very disturbing things he was saying. He was posting from 4 FB pages. One of which he named Ryan Lanza. I'm hoping today those pages were shut down before family members read those posts

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

The emphasis was really about the false information created intentionally by some.

This is exactly why WS is so tight on linking to these sites. I know our tight rules are a frustration to many of you but this really is a great example of why it is not allowed.

I wonder what specifically happened to cause the clampdown threat. Sounded rather Draconian in his tone, did Lt. Vance. If LE is hypersensitive to internet ramblings I hope it's not to the extent they're taking their eyes off the task at hand. Worrisome if so. One should tread lightly on First Amendment matters. As for social media it should be treated as just so much hot air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton