Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, I live in the area.

I will sign off now and reflect on all this.
Much to be read IMHO.

So many opinions, so many emotions~~~~~~~

I will continue to follow up the best I can.

I will NOT do "politics". I will follow local news and updates and stand where I can.

Blessings and Best to all,

BH xo

Wow, I always thought it meant they took pride in the appearance of their property, were professionals, and probably made more money than the rest of us. I lived in the town next door, and let me tell you, there was a LOT of money in the area.

The only problem I ever had living there (5 bedroom home on 1/4 acre) was the snobbishness, yet my best friend had a 4 karat diamond ring with an heir for a husband. Sometimes you gotta understand where you/they are.

Phony? Maybe. Who knows, I sure don't.

Think again. Just saying.................

This is the reason the quote from the aunt sticks with me. The one who said that NL wasn't the kind of person who would stick her head in the sand and she would have sought mental health help for her son if he needed it.
It's possible that she had in fact sought help and the aunt just wasn't aware of it if they had infrequent contact but if she hadn't because she didn't think he needed it then this was the baseline of normal for them...

Really good points!

Also how about this...

- NL and her xH are divorced, he is paying her huge alimony and she still has a lot of negative feelings about him several years after divorce.

- NL feels defensive of her possessions, and lives in a community that is very concerned with outward appearance.

- It is obvious to outsiders that Adam Lanza is not mentally/emotionally healthy, but NL has pulled him from school and disagreed with them about his needs, choosing to keep him at home and care for him herself.

- Even the immediate family has never outwardly acknowledged that "something is wrong with Adam" - clearly something was very wrong with him, even the brother knew it, but apparently the standard line was that "if something was wrong with him, Nancy would address it -- and since she wasn't addressing it, nothing was wrong."

With all this I'm wondering if it's possible that she kept the extent of Adam Lanza's problems from her xH (didn't want him to think she was not doing a good job parenting) and from the community at large (outward appearances) and even her own family?

I wonder how she left him alone AL when she went places, like the bar and the bunco games.....did he stay home alone? This is so strange.

ap_newtown_ct_town_kb_ss_121215_ssh.jpg

A U.S. flag, second from left, flies at half-staff honoring the victims that died a day earlier when a gunman opened fire at an elementary school on Dec. 15, 2012, in Newtown, Conn after the massacre of 26 children and adults at Sandy Hook Elementary school. (Julio Cortez/AP Photo)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/slideshow/photos-sandy-hook-elementary-school-shooting-17974409

Something we paid the government to dream up. http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies.asp

Oh come on. Your link is just a metaphor the CDC uses to teach kids how to safely act when a new disease begins to spread - like the bird flu, etc. It's meant to capitalize on the popularity of fictional stories about zombies so that kids will be willing to read/watch it and learn something about safety during pandemics.

That is NOT what "zombie apocalypse" means at all.

Zombie apocalypse is a popular fictional fantasy theme in which there is an apocalypse that results in the dead coming back to life, or live people becoming zombies, such as in Night of the Living Dead. It is a fad theme in fiction right now, just like vampires or young-adult themed dystopia novels.

People don't like discussing the painful subject of murder and may try to distance themselves from the event by blaming the victim or the survivors. People feel that if they can somehow place the blame on the victim or on the victim's family, they will be invulnerable to murder themselves.

Snip

However, their victims that have been murdered have forever lost those same considerations. Their voices have been forever silenced. They cannot participate in the arena of public debate or discussion. Any constitutional rights they ever had were stripped away from them the very instant they became a victim. All that is left for them is for their voices to be heard through those that loved and survived them. The criminal justice system is only concerned about the rights of the accused, even after they are proven guilty and convicted."

http://www.ohiocops.com/grief/society.html

Oh come on. Your link is just a metaphor the CDC uses to teach kids how to safely act when a new disease begins to spread - like the bird flu, etc. It's meant to capitalize on the popularity of fictional stories about zombies so that kids will be willing to read/watch it and learn something about safety during pandemics.

That is NOT what "zombie apocalypse" means at all.

Zombie apocalypse is a popular fictional fantasy theme in which there is an apocalypse that results in the dead coming back to life, or live people becoming zombies, such as in Night of the Living Dead. It is a fad theme in fiction right now, just like vampires or young-adult themed dystopia novels.

It is also a popular theme in the gaming world.

What the heck is a zombie apocalypse??

your comment makes me giggle a bit.....i have a 16yr old that watches walking dead....i hear about zombie apocalypse all the time

Good theory!

First thing I thought of when news broke was a case in the '90's. Can't remember the guy's name. He shot a lot of children on the playground outside a school to "save them" from the sadness and bad things of life. I wondered if this may have been a part of AL's thinking. I hope the computer will be able to be analyzed in some manner to help figure it out.
The Westside Middle School massacre was a school shooting that occurred on March 24, 1998? In Arkansas?
Westside Middle School massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Having worked in Newtown/Sandy Hook for years. I found most people to be nice. Yes, it is a picture perfect area but it comes with the same problems that any other town has.

Phony yes. It's all superficial IMHO. Yes very "snobby". My personal observation. New paradigm? Yep, for all of us. JMHO.

If you actually lived in one of these neighborhoods, you would find the same cross section of people that you find in any neighborhood...some caring, loving, down-to-earth neighbors and some distant, problematic ones. People can be "snobby" about all sorts of things in ANY neighborhood...not just about money. They can think they are "better" because of their religious affliation...their ethnicity... their son the athletic star...their physical appearance, etc. There are all kinds of snobbery in every kind of neighborhood. And there are salt-of- the- earth people in every neighborhood too. Generalizing is really a kind of blindness...and a reverse "snobbery" of its own.

Good people live in all different areas...even affluent ones.

This seems like the kind of crime that it's impossible to feel invulnerable from imo.
It's just a twist of fate that it happened at Sandy Hook and not my children's school. There could be a person with an assault rifle or a bomb at the mall the next time we go Christmas shopping.

Just my observation, I live in nearby NY. Fairfield County CT is Stepford. They filmed the movie in nearby Ridgefield. I have worked there and always hated it. It's all about "appearances" very shallow. All the homes are pristine with great attention to landscaping.
Most women have wealthy absentee husbands that work in finance in NYC. The kids are spoiled rotten. These folks have vacant eyes, it's very hard to engage. I worked in sales and dealt with them every day. There's an "emptiness" about them.

As you drive through these towns you can see how "perfect" the homes appear. Painted, clean, landscaped. It's their outward appearance that means everything to them. They have no souls. 2 cents.

My heart does go out to all affected. Big wake up call for these Stepford wives that fled NYC after 911. They left because they could afford it. They left and fled north to feel safe. Big awakening IMHO.

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

The way you said that reminds me of : little boxes on the hillside little boxes made of ticky tacky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine