Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm readying my children for school this morning and am having the same feelings of breaking down & fear. My youngest was born the same year as most of the children lost in Sandy Hook. Trying so hard to keep it under control, but sometimes the fear feels like it's getting the best of me.

I just sent my kindergardener and first grader out the door to go to school. I think I must have said "I love you" and "Listen to your teacher, no questions asked" at least a million times. I don't want them to go.

ANd I'm somehow just supposed to go about my day now, the post office, grocery store, gas station, like nothing's wrong....and I already know that for the entire day, my phone will not leave my hand, my mind will not leave my kids, and I'm going to be fighting the urge to just go pull them out for the day and go have ice cream or something.

Me and you and a few million other parents worldwide, huh?

I don't think smashing computers is the least bit strange if you know you won't be around.

Personally, when I die I don't want anyone to get into my computer. There are pictures, written poems, conversation logs with different people, stored passwords, budgets etc. I wouldn't want anyone else to see.

These things are not illegal, but a computer is something very personal and as I said, I wouldn't want anyone to be lurking in my stuff!

I think his computers and internet life were some of the most important things AL's life. His whole world revolved around his computers. Once he made up his mind to wipe that part of himself out, there would be no stopping him on his murderous and suicidal path. IMO, he was destroying everything about himself that existed, by destroying his and his mom's hard drives. Doing that was like destroying everything but his body. He then destroyed his body, at the school.

IMO, of course, and RIP, all those dear people that he killed.

Pictured: Adam Lanza's father and new wife as it's revealed couple fled their home and haven't been back since massacre

-- Neighbours said Peter Lanza and Shelley Cudiner have lived together for around three years and recently married

-- Couple left their Stamford, Connecticut, home when they heard about the shooting and have been hiding out since

-------

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iner-fled-Connecticut-home.html#ixzz2FJhOmI9V
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
<modsnip>

Pictured: Adam Lanza's father and new wife as it's revealed couple fled their home and haven't been back since massacre

-- Neighbours said Peter Lanza and Shelley Cudiner have lived together for around three years and recently married

-- Couple left their Stamford, Connecticut, home when they heard about the shooting and have been hiding out since

-------

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iner-fled-Connecticut-home.html#ixzz2FJhOmI9V
<modsnip>

I think I'd be hiding out somewhere too. The media vultures likely haven't stopped circulating since his relation to Adam was revealed. I hope he and his new wife are strong people.

If I were a relative of the killer, I would escape too but probably not because of the reporters but for my own safety.

I'm reasonably sure that what I've got to say isn't going to be popular but, when I discussed the situation with my boys (11 and 13), they did me proud.

Keep in mind that I'm in the military and although I do my best not to "bring my work home with me," some things are simply bound to rub off.

I asked my boys if they knew what happened in Sandy Point and they said that they did and it was horrible. I then asked them if they knew what to do if they heard gunfire at their schools....my youngest just rolled his eyes and said "Duh, dad...hit the ground and play dead until it's safe to go hide somewhere." My oldest said "yeah..what he said. Because, you know, if you're standing up the guy that's shooting is just going to try to knock you down. If you're already down, he's not even going to bother to shoot at you."

Wow. And I didn't even teach them that, they just figured it out on their own.

I just sent my kindergardener and first grader out the door to go to school. I think I must have said "I love you" and "Listen to your teacher, no questions asked" at least a million times. I don't want them to go.

ANd I'm somehow just supposed to go about my day now, the post office, grocery store, gas station, like nothing's wrong....and I already know that for the entire day, my phone will not leave my hand, my mind will not leave my kids, and I'm going to be fighting the urge to just go pull them out for the day and go have ice cream or something.

ITA. I feel for school staff. Doors will probably be checked over and over. Any sound out of the ordinary will put them on alert.

The ripple effects of such a horrendous incident go far and wide.

How 'ticking time bomb' Adam Lanza went from 'genius' tech geek who grew up in a $1.6million home to heartless killer

A Ticking Time Bomb Who Declined After The Divorce!

Family friends said Lanza&#8217;s problems started to escalate when his parents divorced in 2008 after 18 years together.

The word is that he was badly affected when his parents split and that might be what pushed him over the edge.

&#8216;He was always weird but the divorce affected him. He was arguing with his mother. He was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.&#8217;

------

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...us-turned-heartless-killer.html#ixzz2FJoVcy8m

Thank you for this. I did the same thing and it helps knowing I am not alone.
Thank you.

ITA. I feel for school staff. Doors will probably be checked over and over. Any sound out of the ordinary will put them on alert.

The ripple effects of such a horrendous incident go far and wide.
I hope all schools boards are placing discussions about large glass windows on their next agendas. Why have a locked door policy and then large glass windows where a violent person can still easily enter?

I may not be adding much to the conversation other than an opinion here, although it needs to be said. Regardless of what disease or illness they make up for the loser that shot the school up, nothing on Earth can make someone do this without some sort of evil/logical thoughts.

Every time these events happen media and everyone jump on the "mental illness" reasoning, and doing that is disrespectful to all the others with mental illness. He was just an evil idiot who wanted power over weaker people than himself and that is no excuse for even the most mentally handicapped person.

Sorry for such a negative first post, but it's my honest opinion.

Absolutely, the topic is moot in the frame of this tragedy. Whatever the case, he did a terrible and evil thing and I am glad he is no longer here. His ending seems far too good for him. No amount of understanding can undo what evil he has done.

I do think mental health is relevant, but only in the sense of preventing future tragedies. If you and I understand these defining warning signs, we can be better and more proactive mothers, teachers, grandmothers, and members of society. There are a great many of the mentally ill who would never hurt anyone. I'd say the vast majority would not and do not. As a society we need to understand that difference. JMO.

I just took my 6 year old granddaughter to school as I do every morning. Today was different though. Two marked LE cars parked in front and an armed guard standing at the door. I couldn't even make it out of there without breaking down again. What has this world come to?
We always have the police car- but it always seemed more for traffic needs than anything. Today we had uniformed & armed police officers at the door of our school too. It was both comforting and disconcerting.

Connecticut school shooting: Adam Lanza was assigned school psychologist

Adam Lanza caused so much concern because of his social awkwardness at high school that he was assigned a psychologist, according to a former school official.

By Jon Swaine, Newtown, Connecticut, and Raf Sanchez in Washington
2:00PM GMT 17 Dec 2012

------

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...m-Lanza-was-assigned-school-psychologist.html

Interesting.

Why are all these mass shootings done by boys?
I think that is a very important question to be asking.

Obama said he intends to form a group of qualified experts to better understand this so we can prevent future tragedies. Or at least that's what I took from his statement, I could be wrong. I hope he makes good on that- because I do think we need to understand this. I doubt these things come out of nowhere, especially when we have some pretty constant factors.

JMO.

Fox is announcing the next town schools are in lockdown...someone suspicious.

Just getting back from dropping the kids off at school. Marked police vehicles at every entrance and an officer foot patrolling around the school. Somber sight. :(

ETA: Attendance was obviously down today. The lines of children waiting were much shorter than most mornings. Immediately noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member